PDA

View Full Version : Cranfield University

Shamrock356
29th Apr 2006, 19:32
Hi There

I have been recently accepted onto the MSc in Air Transport Management in Cranfield University in October of this year. When i went over for my interview i was in awe of the surroundings and are a dream for anybody wishing to pursue a career in aviation management. I was just wondering if anyone knows of any past graduates of the course or anyone else who has applied for the course this year or even any suggestions from somebody. Im really looking forward to the challenge ahead and i believe its employment opportunities a pretty good but any testimonials or information would be great.!:)

Doors to Automatic
30th Apr 2006, 01:03
I am a past graduate.

It changed my life beyond recognition. I could not recommend it enough!

chevvron
30th Apr 2006, 07:38
Why would you want a career in aviation management? Are you a potential sadist and political lackey?

TartinTon
30th Apr 2006, 08:08
Perhaps he/she wants a full-time job and not a part-time one at the pointy end? :E :E :E

Shamrock356
30th Apr 2006, 11:20
Did seriously consider ATC Chevvron but realised it wasnt for me:bored:

Jason2000
3rd Jun 2006, 03:17
Was at Cranfield on the ATM course from 2003-2004.

Can confidently say that everyone in my class really enjoyed it, majority of modules are highly relevant and interesting, they staff are great and we got some very senior airline management personnel come and speak to us on a weekly basis.

Highly recommend it.

Pretty much everyone in the class (26 people) are now in fairly decent positions throughout the airline industry. And as an FYI, some of my fellow classmates were/still are airline pilots, they are just in much more senior positions now (ie Captain --> Chief Pilot and F/O --> Fleet Manager for eg).

IM if you have any questions.

CAP493
3rd Jun 2006, 08:15
Cranfield University
A great course, stunning location, splendid staff, fantastic facilities and excellent local beer. Oh, and the kebab van that plys it's trade most evenings is also highly recommended...
Good luck - and enjoy!
:D :ok: :D

ATM Grad
6th Jun 2006, 22:54
We had one of the lecturers at Cranfield come and do a module on the course at loughborough as a visiting lecturer in my final year last year, and if all the lecturers are half as good as he was then you will get an awful lot out of the course.

Cyrano
7th Jun 2006, 08:44
See also this thread from a few months ago. (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=196403&highlight=cranfield)

rm2242
24th Jun 2006, 20:54
The positive comments are making me even more excited about starting ATM in October 2006 as well! I have also accepted a place. That is if I get the required ungraduate degree marks on wednesday :-S

Cheers, Rob

Shamrock356
26th Jun 2006, 14:23
Good luck with them results Rob, I recieved mine about two weeks ago and the wait wasnt nice, but thankfully i got the required grades.Thanks for all the info and the links to other threads everyone it has been really helpful and much appreciated:ok: