PDA

View Full Version : Nigerian Presidential aircraft

LostAndFound
29th Apr 2006, 17:47
There are conflicting and sketchy stories that a presidential aircraft was involved in a near mishap two or three days ago.Also an airforce jet was said to have to have crashlanded in kano but the crew was able to eject.

The presidentail spokesperson is busy denying the reports.

What actually happened? Anybody with info?

surely not
29th Apr 2006, 18:49
L&F The Presidetial jet (B727)was safely on the ground until early evening 2two days ago in Kano. It then left without any drama and there was no other traffic around Kano when it departed as the Saudi 747 had landed and was still in the middle of its turnround.

I'm also fairly certain, well 99.9999999% certain that there hasn't been a crash of any aircraft in Kano in the last few days..............not been out this afternoon though :E :E and I haven't heard of any incidents from anyone that might know.

If anyone know otherwise feel free to disagree, but to my knowledge all has been calm and normal (?) as ever in Kano.

LostAndFound
30th Apr 2006, 16:56
SN, Thanks though some papers carried the stories and i dont think i happened in kano.
SN,Check your pm please

ZAZOO
2nd May 2006, 13:13
Kano and the Cobra's!!:eek: :eek:

I operate regular flights into Kano and on approach tend to get very :eek: :eek: about the Airforce training jets in the airport vicinity, they call themselves COBRA!

It kind of gets on your nerves when you hear the controler trying to reach them asking for their position and they are not responding, and even when they do their radios are quite inaudible. The controlers say they are kept in a training area well clear of commercial traffic arriving Kano, but with no radar in Kano and the Cobra operating without Transponders and the jet handled by a cadet student pilot!!!! I tend to take things quite :uhoh: on approach and on alert duty all the way in!

I believe the COBRA jets should operate somewhere else and not in the vicinity of an airport like Kano airport with no Radar and the visibility terribly poor. After the Nigerian Airways and Cobra Jet incident some years ago I thought things would change in Kano!

Margarita
2nd May 2006, 15:21
Where do you suggest them to go, for a neighboring country?

chilly
2nd May 2006, 16:20
LOVE YOUR WORK :E:E:E