PDA

View Full Version : Heineken Cup 20th May - A/C Availability

Sikpupi
28th Apr 2006, 11:34
Hi

Am looking at putting a Day-Return to Cardiff on the 20th May and would like to use this forum to avoid making a whole load of useless calls. Would any of you highly qualified 'in -the -know' people be able to help with :

1. Is there still slots in and out of CWL at times suiting match times?
2. Would anyone know of any operator who would have an aircraft available for charter from Ireland to CWL. (don't want to give my hand away yet!!)
Looking at min ATR and would go to 130 seats if price is right!!!

Many thanks....

sikki

Cyrano
28th Apr 2006, 11:56
Suggest you contact a charter broker (eg Hunt & Palmer, Chapman Freeborn, JetAir or one of the others) who can answer both these questions (and do the running round looking for aircraft). Not sure what the regulatory situation is about selling seats on a charter, i.e. whether you need to be bonded or hold a tour operator's licence. A broker should be able to tell you that too.

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
28th Apr 2006, 13:17
As I understand it, you need an ATOL to sell seats, but not one to sell the aircraft.

BeeBopp
28th Apr 2006, 15:44
Try giving Scotairways a ring, they fly Do-328 and are into that sort of charter at weekends. They frequently operate out of Ireland, often taking Munster team to their games.

teifiboy
28th Apr 2006, 16:35
Slots at CWL may be the biggest problems. I know that Bristol has been used on such occasions in the past such as the airlift of Welsh supporters to Dublin this year.

However, this match is unique in that both sets of supporters will be flying into Cardiff and from experience, the whole of Munster tends to travel en masse to these events! This will be on a whole different scale to past rugby charter operations

Pax Agent
30th Apr 2006, 11:08
Why not try calling Titan Airways??? Well worth a phone call.

french clover
30th Apr 2006, 19:33
BO...BO...BO!:)

Sikpupi
1st May 2006, 11:49
Thanks guys...

Got a couple of helpful PM's and have logged on to the websites of the contacts above getting off my requirements. So..there may be miracle yet!!!

Regards

AlphaWhiskyRomeo
1st May 2006, 15:52
Why not try calling Titan Airways??? Well worth a phone call.

Because they are very expensive.

Global Pilot
22nd May 2006, 13:54
Skipuppy, out of interest who's aircraft did you end up using?

Pax Agent
23rd May 2006, 10:44
They might be expensive but you get what you pay for!
"Pay peanuts.........."etc.