PDA

View Full Version : ME/IR + MCC at OAT or any other FTO?

S5-Vinc
27th Apr 2006, 23:29
Hi,

At the moment I am a PPL pilot with ~200h (100h PIC) and on the half way to finish my ATPL exams here in Slovenia (EU) under JAR FCL.

After I complete my ATPL exams I have an option to do the JAR ME/IR + MCC training here in Slovenia at some FTO for about 10.000 GBP. It is cheap, but this company is not well known in Europe area, but it is JAA approved.

I am wondering, how much is it important to complete my training wheter at this FTO or is it better to go to any other company that is well known to European airliners?

I don't have much money, but I am ready to take some loan and for example go to Oxford Aviation Training (or any other, better FTO?) where the same training will cost me 20.000 GBP (+ accomodation & food) - that is more than twice as much money as it would cost me in Slovenia.

Would this be better option for me?
Does any FTO help their students to get the job although they didn't go thru whole ab-anitio program at their company, but only made ME/IFR + MCC there?

Does the airliners prefer to employ pilots who made their ME/IFR + MCC at a well known FTO, or is that not important to them?

I am just looking for the best option that I can make so I will have a good starting point to get a job or to make my next step.

Please give me a good advice.
What would you do if you were instead in my position?
What next step would you make after completing the ME/IFR + MCC training?

Thank you,
Vince

siljo
28th Apr 2006, 12:01
check your PM's