PDA

View Full Version : Aeros - Staverton/Gloucester

cockroach-one
16th Jan 2002, 21:21
Has anyone done any flying training at Aeros in Gloucestershire. I'm thinking of doing the CPL and instrument module there. I would appriciate anyones thoughts or first hand knowledge of the.

Snigs
18th Jan 2002, 02:28
Yup, I did my CPL training and skills test from Glos with Aeros (though not my IR, only because they didn't have the approval at that time).

I can thoroughly recommend them from my experience (this was summer 2001, with Roy and Pete, and before Oxford ATS left the airfield). Their attitude is very professional and very friendly, and I frequently visit when I'm in the area. You won't go far wrong with them!!

CadetWannabe
16th Apr 2002, 14:31
Aeros Flight School are offering sponsorship in this months edition of Flyer. Does anybody have any further details such as costs etc before I send the CV and letter,

Cheers!!

Sagey
16th Apr 2002, 14:42
Can you post what is said in the advert?

Haven't a chance to get to shop to get flyer today

Sagey

CadetWannabe
16th Apr 2002, 15:01
This is just from memory as I didn't actually by the mag. It just says that Aeros Flight School is offering sponsorship to applicants with > 5 GCSES and 2 A Levels etc. Send a CV and letter to this address...etc. Nothing specific was mentioned as to sponsorship to what level (just PPL?) or what contribution would be needed etc.

Sagey
16th Apr 2002, 18:41
Is it just me that feels very old at the ground old age of 23.

Off to buy a pair of slippers.

Good to luck to any of you youngsters if you apply.

Sagey

jonathang
22nd Apr 2002, 14:48
Does anyone have an address of this sponsorship.

Been on their website and there is no info about it.

A and C
23rd Apr 2002, 06:50
Is this the place at welesbourne mountford ?

CadetWannabe
23rd Apr 2002, 07:53
The address can be found in their advert which is in the back of this months Flyer. Sorry didn't buy it so can't be more help.

sickBocks
23rd Apr 2002, 10:34
Aeros operate out of Gloucestershire International Airport (with a Satellite base at Filton).

www.aeros.co.uk

sB

jonathang
23rd Apr 2002, 18:40
If anyone has the advert could they possibly post the details. Bought Flyer but must have been the previous edition.

Thanks

rg_vr6
25th Apr 2002, 18:44
I cant seem to find it in this edition at all?? Ill try last edition!

SpeedBird22
12th Feb 2003, 20:54
Evening all,

Thought I'd prompt the question that scroggs was hinting at in the earlier post. Can anyone tell me any more about this ATPL jobby at aero's?

Cheers,

BAW22

Economist
22nd Apr 2005, 12:23
I am looking to get feedback from current/recent modular
students on the CPL/IR at OAT and Aeros. Normal questions!

PM me if you can spare the time.

Many thanks

Economist
:ok:

orangesky
22nd Apr 2005, 13:02
hi economist

i would stear you in the direction of this thread in the same forum (OAT Europes finest?) its a month or so old

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?threadid=168778

i had a couple of posts with perhaps 5 or 6 questions in total which, admittadly some would be tough to answer without info direct from the training provider themselves, but hopefully they are questions anybody ready to shell out £20k+ would be wanting to ask the FTO's they were considering.

it must be pointed out that a school which may be perfect for you may not be so for the next student, and the decision shouldnt be based purely on costs alone.

to this end, i get the impression there is a two tier system at OATS, nothing to the contrary has been forthcoming from my posts. but i do know quite a few modular bods who went to OATS and were v disappointed, to the extent that 2 of them actually left because the training was taking so long to complete,the others who elected to remain on ended up paying a lot more, in terms of time and accommodation, from what they had originally been quoted in terms of timescale to complete the training. dont get me wrong, i am not bashing OATS, i know a couple of guys who did the APP course and were happy with what they got for their money. but i think you need to realise that if you are a modular guy at OATS you are at the bottom of the pecking order when it comes to training slots, instructors, aircraft etc.

ask yourself the question, where do you think your money is going to be most valued ? a place where you are effectively just a training file or a place where everybody is going to know you by name ? if you have visited both schools and are honest with yourself, i am sure the answer is a simple one.

good luck with your decision, which ever you choose its going to entail a lot of hard work, dedication and concentration, but will ultimately be v rewarding !

EGAC_Ramper
22nd Apr 2005, 15:51
I'll just add,myself am currently studying at OAT on the groundschool side of things.Originally I had chosen to do my flying with BFC at Bristol.
However some things have changed with regards to modular training at OAT.Instead like they used to OAT now run FIXED size flight training courses with a start and finish date.Once the slots are filled then no more modualr students are taken on.The full CPL/ME/IR and MCC bundle lasts "qouted" for 16-18weeks.Anyways its all in their nice shiny new book available if you want it.
I can't fault the groundschool instruction as I share with 2 APPer's.Do visit both FTO's and make a decision based and which you feel more suited too and comfortable.As yet I'm undecided which way to go with regards flight training and will most definately leave that til I finish ATPL gorund first.

Regards :ok:

iflyhighinthesky
26th Apr 2006, 20:40
Hi all,
Regarding Aeros at Gloucester.....
Looking to do CPL/FI course initially with IR later on.
Have done a search:rolleyes: but could not find anything...so.....
Could you add your good or bad comments if you or someone you know have been through them?
Many thanks in advance :ok:
ifly

combineharvester
27th Apr 2006, 20:09
As with all FTO's it is recommended that you visit them to make sure they are the right school FOR YOU!

I'm currently studying at Aeros and during my time there I have found the quality of instruction to be absolutely excellent. Each instructor has a maximum of two students. The atmosphere at the school is also very friendly and sociable. Recently the Skills test pass rates have been superb (although im hopefully testing early next week so standby for an update on that!) The fleet is also well maintained and maintenance is the other side of the taxiway from the school apron.

Personally I would not hesitate to recommend them.

Gazeem
27th Apr 2006, 20:12
I know someone who went through them .. me!
A few years back now 2002/3 FI course and IR.
My experience as a student at the school was very good, the instruction was of a high standard, the fleet of aircraft is maintained well (they have their own engineers) and the company SOPs are of a high standard.

combineharvester
27th Apr 2006, 20:27
oh and forgot to mention they recently took delivery of a 42" plasma screen which made watching the jeremy kyle show earlier this week during bad weather a viewing pleasure! hopefully next on the list is an Xbox 360?!

if there are any other questions you have just send a pm feel free.

ch

EGBKFLYER
30th Apr 2006, 13:02
I'm also an ex-Aeros student (summer 04) and also heartily recommend them. It's a very well run school and the quality of tuition is excellent. Gloucester is a good base to train from too.

As the man from Ronseal says - they do exactly what they say on the tin, no messing.

FliegerTiger
30th Apr 2006, 18:30
Did my hours-building, CPL, ME & IR all with Aeros (all 1st-time passes). Absolutely top notch instruction, and nice people to boot. As already said, does exactly what it says on the tin! Highly recommended. Also useful to have 6 runways!!

FT

combineharvester
5th May 2006, 16:09
With reference to my above post, the schools excellent pass record is still intact after my CPL skills test today!

Thankyou to Pete and the team! (Dave in particular!)

Ch

GFYA
6th May 2006, 09:16
Combineharvester,

a well deserved first time pass, well done captain. Enjoy your FIC!

GFYA

Snigs
6th May 2006, 10:24
I did CPL and FI with them, a fair time ago now, but if Pete Hamlett is still CFI then you can rest assured that the standards will still be very high. Recommended by me. :ok:

Rob400
7th May 2006, 16:28
Did my IR with them, a very good school