PDA

View Full Version : Extremely high Offshore salary ... how comes???

Sax412
26th Apr 2006, 13:08
I was told from a friend of mine who received one written job proposal, that TOTAL and EXXON pay something like 28000€ a month in NIGERIA and 18000€ per month in north Europe for flying 412 !!!
This sounds to me very strange since another friend of mine received a proposal of something like 180 USD per day mark (almost nothing) from gulfhelicopters in QUATAR !!!
How comes this situation?
Is there somebody trying to perform a sort of scam in this market or what? What is the right fee in petroleum market for a BH 412 pilot?
If is one's intention to spend some year in this market just to put away some extra money who should be in touch with, which company and where?
Thanks a lot for your replies,
Sax

donut king
26th Apr 2006, 21:14
Those are fixed costs paid by the client to the operator. In turn, the operator pays salary and benefits, travel....etc.
Does that price include aircraft cost or solely for crew??? Again, with a/c cost, fuel is usually supplied by the client.....the people who produce jet fuel to begin with!!
DK
P.S. Does anyone else have knowledge of what oil clients are charged these days, by the helicopter operators???

What Limits
26th Apr 2006, 22:01
Have a look at this thread (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=210738)
Where something is too good to be true - it always is !!

rivnut
27th Apr 2006, 00:48
Hey DK,

Hows this for client to operator costs.....

CHC in Aus charges the Vic police over $200,000 fixed cost per month for one N3 and then almost $1800 per hour on top....CHC gets free board in Vic pol's hangar as well and don't supply aircrew....now that's not bad deal hey..:rolleyes:

Sax412
27th Apr 2006, 19:55
so... in simplewords...roughly ... how much should one pilot earn in oil industry?

212man
27th Apr 2006, 23:12
Ball park European salaries are 45,000 (junior F/O) - 115,000 (senior Capt) euros per year (give or take).

vertalop
28th Apr 2006, 03:28
212....And in luuuverly S.E.Asian countries with free theme park entrance included?? :8

212man
28th Apr 2006, 03:38
We do it for the love of the Pecten!;)

(though I still keep my 'Bob the Builder badge handy!)

ajm81
28th Apr 2006, 13:16
Well I'm drilling holes for pecten and it certainly aint for love.

Doc Cameron
28th Apr 2006, 20:45
How did you manage to escape with your gong? Isn't there supposed to be a public ceremony for the stripping of all decorations and silverware?

212man
29th Apr 2006, 01:06
Well, when that nice Mr Chanter (three cheers for Keith) sent it to me in the post, I assumed it was for keeps!

I do hope Keith is enjoying his retirement, or should I say OUR retirement??:(

Sax412
29th Apr 2006, 10:52
OK, I understand I gave a very very difficult question ..................... it didn't look like ....

212man
29th Apr 2006, 11:14
Well, I think you got a simple answer, from me, for N. Sea operators, which hasn't been disputed, so I guess is fairly accurate. Ignore the other banter.

The other point, which I hope you have realised, is that the figures you initially quoted were part of a scam, or fraud, which is something you will come accross eminating from Nigeria from time to time (sadly, as it tarnishes the good guys with the bad name.)

zalt
29th Apr 2006, 16:54
212man

I'd rather my mother thought I was a crack dealer than think I worked for S*"!!

finalchecksplease
29th Apr 2006, 19:09
212man ,

If you want to keep your pin collection up to date better give Dickie Burman a tinkle to get the latest badge, your “Bob The Builder” badge has gone out of fashion! ;)

Sax412
29th Apr 2006, 20:46
212, thanks a lot for replying seriously to my question and to get all of us warned about these scams.

Do you know any serious company I could send my CV to in order to work, may be, in N. sea at the conditions you gave as an example?

Thanks a lot again for sharing,
Sax

Doc Cameron
29th Apr 2006, 22:26
Sax412,
It really depends on your licence and experience and helpful if you have offshore time. The 2 majors on the North Sea are CHC and Bristow, either would bite your hand off if you fulfil the criteria (two arms, two legs, most major organs will be sufficient - joke BTW, just in case!).
Salaries - as per 212's response (the amound of spondu he's on, his family thinks he is a crack dealer!).
From your handle; I would guess there is a 412 connection, how about Nigeria? I't can be good for those who enjoy a challenge. The pay's not quite so attractive but there is a reasonable rotation.
Cheers,
Doc

212man
30th Apr 2006, 02:00
Finals Checks,
I thought next time I'm in Great yarmouth I'd buy a plastic kids windmill: that's the current logo, isn't it?

Zalt, don't knock it till you've tried it!

finalchecksplease
30th Apr 2006, 19:50
212man,

Might be a bit over the top attaching one of those kids’ windmills on to your lapel, also better make sure Shell’s Health and Safety is happy with it. :E
You could always check on EBay, there might be one for sale there because rumour has that unlike the Blue Peter badge it will still give you free access to Nigeria. :rolleyes:

212man
1st May 2006, 01:36
Thanks for the tip! I think the little green book I have in a glass cabinet marked "break glass in emergency" will also serve that purpose;)

Sax412
1st May 2006, 11:49
:bored: Does anybody of you know this site www.oilcareer.com (http://www.oilcareer.com) and the service they can offer? Are they really so efficient as they claim?
Thanks

highfinal
1st May 2006, 20:15
Based on their "scams" page I highly doubt it. How many large recruitment firms have you dealt with that use obscenities and no spell check on their websites??

Sax412
2nd May 2006, 13:00
none, never applied to any!