View Full Version : Club Air - anyone know anything?

MOR
26th Apr 2006, 09:30
I have a friend who is thinking of working for these guys on a contract, but I have no knowledge of them... does anyone know anything about them? Working conditions, aricraft, all that stuff.

Cheers!

Liftdumper
26th Apr 2006, 12:19
I know they fly the BAe146. They did routes into Chisinau (LUKK), I saw them quite often out there. The company is Italian.

That's all.

liftman
16th May 2006, 14:21
...forget it...

BOAC
16th May 2006, 15:00
For the benefit of all posters:

If you are going to ask a question on PPRune, please try to give us a pointer as to what you want to know. This post was originally placed in 'Airlines and Routes', but was just a touch vague. Believe it or not, the mods DO try to get things into the right place for getting answers for you.

I can see my friend 'Evileyes' scratching his head over which forum to place it in - is it about engineering, routes, ops, cabin crew, dispatch, fleet numbers, registrations, pay etc etc? - take a guess - it is a 'spotter' asking.

PPrune Pop and I then find it in 'Spectators' Balcony'. I 'interrogate' MOR and discover it is actually about a pilot position. Numerous PMs flying back and forth. (Remind me to invoice Danny:) )

Mea Culpa - I then put in into the wrong forum, Wannabees, having not read Scroggs's 'Sticky' post there.:8 Hopefully we can get it moved to 'Terms and Endearment' when Scroggs comes back to earth.

How much easier would it have been to have asked 'My friend is considering a contract position with them. He is a 146 captain, and wants to get some idea of what he might be in for.'?:ok:

MOR
17th May 2006, 00:17
Care to expand a little, liftman...???

liftman
17th May 2006, 21:55
..I have a lot of friend there....
bad standards
bad lifestyle
bad rosters
bad management...
they are desperately looking for captains because a lot of them are leaving for others italian companies due to reason above...is enough?

MOR
18th May 2006, 00:36
Probably.

Bad rosters and lifestyle not so much of an issue for contract guys, most would probably rather be flying than sitting in a hotel. Bad standards and bad management, that's not so good! What do you mean by bad standards? People being pressured to break the rules? Poor maintenance? Can you put me in touch with anyone who works there?

Cheers!

liftman
18th May 2006, 22:09
..bad standards mean
poor quality in the cockpit....lot's of first officer failed selections in other companies....about captains the best left or are leaving the company......

bad management mean
a boss who have simply no idea of what an airline is....you are considered less than nothing....moreover lots of rumors in italy say there non in a good financial condition and will close soon but i don't know if this is true or not.

As for me I would stay well clear from this kind of company....just a personal opinion of course!

MOR
19th May 2006, 00:16
Thanks, Liftman. Not a good choice for my friend, then.

And for anyone wondering where the rest of the thread went... it wasn't me!

I've been Tango'd... lol

AEUENG
26th May 2006, 22:24
Hi All,

Just a quick warning to anyone who is considering working for Clubair Spa (6P) in any capacity, they are a substandard airline as per previously correctly noted by liftman.

They have very poor engineering management and rules are always flouted. It is not the fault of the engineers that are currently there, some of which are good friends of mine and are very professional. It is down to the puppets that they have in all of the management positions who all seem to fear the owner of the airline and hence will do anything to keep him happy.

The pilots are a very mixed bunch, all of which are very low hours and it is correct to say that Sim sessions are a closed door affair and most somehow scrape through.

To cap things off, they are financially crippled and are very poor at paying their employees and connies alike.

I left due to the fact that they failed to pay me for 2 months and I was asked to breach regulations and forced to sign off an aircraft or be sacked. I decided to walk!!

Best advice I can give is GIVE THEM A VERY WIDE BERTH!!!!

:mad:

MOR
27th May 2006, 02:35
Thanks for that AEUENG

On the payment front, I understand from my friend that the agency he is talking to hold deposits to ensure that crews get paid on time - did you work for them through an agency or individually?

I can understand the comments regarding crew experience, however my view would be that as long as the guy in the left seat is experienced and competent, it isn't as critical if the F/O is not quite up to par - how many of us have flown with F/O's that couldn't cut it? I certainly have. And before some F/O gets all PO'ed, I flew with some dodgy captains too when I was an FO! :}

As far as engineering goes, would you say that the regulations that you were asked to breach seriously compromised safety? Obviously any non-compliance degrades safety, but we all know that some things are very dangerous, and others have only a minor impact. Comments? BTW I am in no way condoning sub-standard engineering.

Looking at it from a slightly different angle, were the captains standing their ground on engineering issues, and if so what was the response of the company?