PDA

View Full Version : suggestions

Midway Airlines
26th Apr 2006, 05:03
I am dieing to become an airline pilot. I would give anything in the world to become one. A good friend of my dad's which has become a good friend of mine now has been working with airline for over 25 years in management. All the airline he has worked for are my favorite by far. Midway Airlines "1", ATA, SWA, AirTran, Reno Air, Pro Air, and Champion Air. I am 15 years old but I am obsessed with airline's and becoming a pilot. I would love to start flight school as soon as possible and be on my way but I also have a goal of opening my own airline. I deam about bringing back Midway Airlines "1" and operate a great airline. One problem I have is I am so obsessed with airline and aircraft I don't do so great in school. All I do is read and study airlines and operations and aircraft. I wanted to know if any of you guys have ever gone to flight school in the chicago area and what you reccomend me to do. I live about 12 miles from MDW. I guess I have had some advantages in the past exploring my dreams of aviation but I want to make them all true as fast as possible.

Let me know what you guys suggest,

Mike Marzano

itsbrokenagain
26th Apr 2006, 14:28
This is predominantly a European forum, you are best asking over at some place like flightinfo.com .

Apart from that I can confess to being a high school drop out, owned a flight school and air charter business for a while ( then I woke up and saw the light and sold it off asap ), then spent some years travelling the world as a flight and ground instructor ,and now fly corporate out of Chicago, and having a nice easy lifestyle . ( I have done 9 duty days this month! )

Keep up the dreams though, I wish you a lot of luck, its a hard business to be in , and from personal experience another word of advice is successful airlines are best run by people with MBA's, not pilots with a passion, so consider which side of the fence you want to sit on before giving up on high school.

flyboyike
26th Apr 2006, 15:08
I wanted to know if any of you guys have ever gone to flight school in the chicago area and what you reccomend me to do. I live about 12 miles from MDW. I guess I have had some advantages in the past exploring my dreams of aviation but I want to make them all true as fast as possible.

Let me know what you guys suggest,

Mike Marzano

Mike,

I think it's great that you're asking all the right questions at such a young age. You're lucky in that there are at least two very good collegiate aviation programs in Illinois. One is UI Champaign-Urbana, the other is Southern Illinois-Carbondale. An acquaintance of mine is presently attending the former and is very pleased. Why don't you visit AOPA's new pilot page right here:

http://www.aopa.org/learntofly/startfly/

PM me with any more questions, I'm in Minneapolis.