PDA

View Full Version : PNG info

coldspeights
26th Apr 2006, 01:24
Hey team,
planning a trip to PNG in July, partly to look for job but also because I have always wanted to visit. I am having a little trouble finding info on smaller operators. Ive searched through pprune,checked out the web, and my local library, and have came up with the following,

Island Airways,Islands Nationair,Kiunga Aviation,Moresby Aviation,North Coast Aviation,Regional Air,South West Air,Tropic Airways,Trans Niugini Airways,Trans Niugini Tours,Airlink,Trans air,MAF

Can anyone be really helpfull and PM me with any others, and/or any other info that may be of use to a lowish hr kiwi. Was wondering if there was much happening socially at the aero club in Port Moresby? Is there an aero club in Madang or Lae? Hope someone can help out!!
Thanks alot!!

Altimeters
26th Apr 2006, 01:38
Unless you have studied a year at Bible College I would forget about MAF.

Killer Loop
26th Apr 2006, 02:24
Also unless you've got at least 1000 hours I'd forget about the rest of them and concentrate on the holiday. As someone who lives here I can think of quite a few places that would be well above PNG on the list of holiday destinations unless of course you've got mates here. :eek:

troppo
26th Apr 2006, 02:53
when in lae...vodka and soda for guts, beers for the boys and a bed and stay away from the PO

tinpis
26th Apr 2006, 03:31
As someone who lives here I can think of quite a few places that would be well above PNG on the list of holiday destinations unless of course you've got mates here.

Somalia comes to mind :rolleyes:

troppo
26th Apr 2006, 03:35
or darwhine town camp :}

Bravohotel
26th Apr 2006, 08:32
I go in and out every 28days Goroka (Highlands) Have an Aero club (No Planes) and a Yacht Club (no boats well a small one cemented to the ground) Airlink in Madang have a mixed fleet of EMB110 (6) Cessna404(2) BN2 (2).Madang is better than Lae,dont like Port Moreby much except the Departure lounge at Jacksons Airport.....enjoy your trip

coldspeights
30th Apr 2006, 02:39
Thanks for the info team :)

the wizard of auz
30th Apr 2006, 08:54
There should be a 172 in Goroka. I near broke me neck flying it in for them. old and gutless and scary to take to the highlands. Maybe its still in morbid awaiting a braver than me pilot to take it to work. :}

sprocket
30th Apr 2006, 09:04
There should be a 172 in Goroka. I near broke me neck flying it in for them. old and gutless and scary to take to the highlands. Maybe its still in morbid awaiting a braver than me pilot to take it to work. :}

Lets just substitute the word braver for, crazier hey wiz? :}

the wizard of auz
30th Apr 2006, 13:00
Of course, one could look at it like that too. :}

Captain Nomad
30th Apr 2006, 23:50
Me ting ting you long long tumas Wiz!:}
Yu lose ting ting dis pela balus nogut bikpela noise now huh? :)

Cheers!

dwarfhunter
1st May 2006, 00:10
Nope, still parked in front of the hanger in Moresby.

OzExpat
1st May 2006, 07:46
I understand that an extremely brave aviator flew it to Popondetta and back a couple of weeks ago.:eek: I've heard talk suggesting a private hire rate of K1500 per hour, which was suddenly reduced to K200 per hour. Not sure of the legality of this venture, but someone recently observed to me : "It's probably an accident looking for somewhere to happen".:uhoh:

the wizard of auz
1st May 2006, 11:37
I think your dead right Ozex. :eek:
em nogut bikpela noise?. maybe empla balus buggerup. :}
would be the best thing to happen to it........... might save a life. :eek: