PDA

View Full Version : Management change at SQ

Rockhound
25th Apr 2006, 18:19
I understand SIA has a new SVP Flt Ops, Gen Ng having moved on. I hear he was an in-house choice but do not know the name. Any interesting related gossip? Can someone please enlighten me?
Thanks.
Rockhound

CDRW
26th Apr 2006, 08:42
Yep, Raymond Ng moved on to some other aviation related work and his replacement, I think, was Gerald Yeap, and from what I hear, the best of the management. But I am not 100% sure - maybe some out there now exactly. Main thing, at least, his replacement was not who we all thought it would be!!

Rockhound
26th Apr 2006, 16:11
Thanks, CDRW.
Main thing, at least, his replacement was not who we all thought it would be!! Who he?
I'm surprised you SQers in SIN seem to be so uncertain who your boss is.
Hey, JB, if the news hasn't yet reached the Far East, surely it has filtered through to Liège?
Rockhound;)

Rockhound
27th Apr 2006, 21:23
LSB
New boss at SQ is from MAS.
That's not what I heard, which is that he is not an outsider and was selected from the ranks of SQ.
I don't understand what you mean by your last sentence.
I also don't understand why no one seems able or willing to give me a straight answer to a simple question. Is there a big secret about this appointment?
Rockhound :(

O_Wright
6th May 2006, 05:40
The new DFO is Captain Gerard Yeap.

A Singaporean and been with SQ for someting like 25 years. Currently on the 777.

The man is a scholar and a gentleman and well known in the airline as one of the best instructors you are likely to come across. A real "people person".

Rockhound
6th May 2006, 12:09
Sounds good. Thanks, OW.
Rockhound