PDA

View Full Version : Hm Aerospace

MasterD
25th Apr 2006, 14:05
Hi all
I just wanted to know what peoples taught are on Hm Aerospace I am thinking of applying for there CPL/IR course.
Please any info would be very helpful in enabling me to make a discussion

Thanks in advance

ilov3s3lina
26th Apr 2006, 12:06
are u speaking singlish? manglish? thaiglish? OR ENGLISH?

sorry.. don't get offended...... it's because your post is kind of difficult to understand.

MasterD
26th Apr 2006, 12:11
I just want to know what people think of Hm Aerospace

9M-
27th Apr 2006, 07:44
Hm Aerospace is just another flying school in malaysia. Training wise they are roughly on par as in MFA and APFT. If u r looking for somewhere nearer to singapore then MFA. If u love to live on an island then go langkawi. If u really want to be far away from home then go to APFT. Their passing rate are equally on par too.

MasterD
27th Apr 2006, 08:59
Thanks 9M
I think island living is for me
Thanks again

ilov3s3lina
27th Apr 2006, 10:52
for HMA...

i heard many people say their facilities are much newer and better than MFA...

BTW niner mike.,.,.

is there and diffrence : training on TB .. and piper??

i heard HMA planes are a litlte canggih

9M-
27th Apr 2006, 15:59
for HMA...

i heard many people say their facilities are much newer and better than MFA...

BTW niner mike.,.,.

is there and diffrence : training on TB .. and piper??

well i personally saw the HM TB and i tell u it is way sleak. Leather seat, ash trays, glass cockpit...it is like a modern car. Piper in the other hand is the usual old outlook with analog instuments. Flying wise i find they are the same to me...:D

zob
27th Apr 2006, 16:32
MFA's planes all have ashtrays as well... just drop the ash on the floor... so dirty u won't even see the spot... :}

ilov3s3lina
27th Apr 2006, 17:08
oh!!!

9m..

i'm not a smoker .. and i hate smokers..

do i have to FLy with instructors who will smoke on board??

i'm a future HMAians

9M-
28th Apr 2006, 03:55
oh!!!

9m..

i'm not a smoker .. and i hate smokers..

do i have to FLy with instructors who will smoke on board??

i'm a future HMAians

Haha no lah dont believe your instructor will smoke when u r not even a smoker. Although it is legal to smoke in flight, i dont see this kind of practice in my club that i work and definitely not in established flying schools :D Cheers!:ok:

demandpump
28th Apr 2006, 12:40

Huh? What do you mean?
When are you starting your course BTW?

ilov3s3lina
28th Apr 2006, 18:19
canggih means Advanced in Malay....

i'll be starting.. hopefully at 29thmay... the school is arranging to put us with the latest batch of MAS cadet..

demandpump
29th Apr 2006, 06:07
canggih means Advanced in Malay....
Thanks for the clarification. Anyway, care to share with us the application process? How long did it take? Did you have to wait many months before being offered a place?

MasterD
29th Apr 2006, 07:09
I have just sent all my documents to them (Hm aerospace). Hope to start in July

ilov3s3lina
29th Apr 2006, 19:16
actually .. mine was done via a middle-person

babyboeing400
30th Apr 2006, 06:59
the first batch of HMA cadets have just graduated from there on 22nd..the wings pinned on their shirt none other than the PM himself,along with Mr. Idris Jala,Dato' seri Chan Kong Choy,and the Kedah MB...glamourous!:}

Bird Doo
6th May 2006, 08:24
And now its gud nite fm me and gud nit fm him.

MasterD
8th May 2006, 09:34
And now its gud nite fm me and gud nit fm him.

:confused:

ASIAN FROG
8th May 2006, 12:30
Bird Doo see you tomorrow in other skies!!!!

ASIAN FROG
8th May 2006, 12:34
Master D
With your profile better you find a solution in Europe. With all the current issues, I do not think you can go very far with a Malaysian licence as you are not Malaysian, is not it?

MasterD
9th May 2006, 09:22
Master D
With your profile better you find a solution in Europe. With all the current issues, I do not think you can go very far with a Malaysian licence as you are not Malaysian, is not it?

I have looked into flying schools in Europe but i will be working till i am 50 just to pay off the loan. The cheapest flying course in Europe is £60000.

ASIAN FROG
9th May 2006, 10:42
To get a Licence is one thing, to be able to find a job with it, is something else! There is the possibility of License conversion but it is not always easy and cheap!!!! Do not rush, study well your project. With all the Malaysian cadets on waiting list, the expats on the rim to be sacked from MAS and a DCA quite protective of its Job Market, be careful ....Get a look on the threads about MAS for example, you will see what is the situation.
If you have a useless licence, you will have never the opportunity to reimburse your loan!!!!

9M-
9th May 2006, 14:01
To get a Licence is one thing, to be able to find a job with it, is something else! There is the possibility of License conversion but it is not always easy and cheap!!!! Do not rush, study well your project. With all the Malaysian cadets on waiting list, the expats on the rim to be sacked from MAS and a DCA quite protective of its Job Market, be careful ....Get a look on the threads about MAS for example, you will see what is the situation.
If you have a useless licence, you will have never the opportunity to reimburse your loan!!!!

Airasia had stopped taking in Expat other than captains. Mas is also doing the same if i am not wrong. Transmile is opening to anyone who have the qualification. That is one avenue for airline job. Malaysia's 3 flying schools are actively seeking flying instructors to teach in their school. That is the job prospect so far in malaysia. So dont let anyone put you off by reading stupid rumours.

ASIAN FROG
9th May 2006, 14:59
Yes, if you have a Type Rating maybe you will be accepted by Transmile and Maybe only. Few months ago there were few examples of success. But TODAY, I know a former MFA FI, (with a lot of hours and a good guy) very dedicated to join Transmile, with a full Malaysian Licence in his pocket (CA6, CA2...)in plus of his European and FAA licences: who cannnot join Transmile because the priority is Malaysian cadets, protectionism of DCA (Info old of one month only)
So to a young European (If I understand the profile, it is the case of MASTERD), what is his future with a Malaysian Licence? Master D has already difficulties to pay his licence, obviously he cannot offer a type rating: NO CHANCE TO JOIN WITH NO TR and NO HOURS an Airlines in Malaysia. Joining a school as FI in Malaysia, DCA will reject you if you have not enough instructional hours. With your Malaysian Licence (dry, no TR ,no hours) where are you going to find a job as Malaysia will not accept you, including in the schools because you have NO INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: tell me what is the utility to get a Malaysian licence? NIL
About a conversion of your licence with no TR and no hour??? a dead end.
Master D, I have a deep experience of Civil Aviation and Training, I just try to avoid you do a big mistake
My advice:
MASTER D find a school in Europe, do your JAR licence, integrated or Modular, do your FI rating and then you will have a job in one school anywhere in the world for building your hours and pay your TR. A JAR licence is of a highest value that the Malaysian one, you should find a job a lot easily. Check all around you

9M-
9th May 2006, 15:23
Yes, if you have a Type Rating maybe you will be accepted by Transmile and Maybe only. Few months ago there were few examples of success. But TODAY, I know a former MFA FI, (with a lot of hours and a good guy) very dedicated to join Transmile, with a full Malaysian Licence in his pocket (CA6, CA2...)in plus of his European and FAA licences: who cannnot join Transmile because the priority is Malaysian cadets, protectionism of DCA (Info old of one month only)
So to a young European (If I understand the profile, it is the case of MASTERD), what is his future with a Malaysian Licence? Master D has already difficulties to pay his licence, obviously he cannot offer a type rating: NO CHANCE TO JOIN WITH NO TR and NO HOURS an Airlines in Malaysia. Joining a school as FI in Malaysia, DCA will reject you if you have not enough instructional hours. With your Malaysian Licence (dry, no TR ,no hours) where are you going to find a job as Malaysia will not accept you, including in the schools because you have NO INSTRUCTIONAL HOURS: tell me what is the utility to get a Malaysian licence? NIL
About a conversion of your licence with no TR and no hour??? a dead end.
Master D, I have a deep experience of Civil Aviation and Training, I just try to avoid you do a big mistake
My advice:
MASTER D find a school in Europe, do your JAR licence, integrated or Modular, do your FI rating and then you will have a job in one school anywhere in the world for building your hours and pay your TR. A JAR licence is of a highest value that the Malaysian one, you should find a job a lot easily. Check all around you

Come on...if u say transmile had stopped taking in expat then ok i can give u a benefit of a doubt. If u say being an instructor for expat is difficult, then i got to prove you wrong. I am an expat and i am an instructor in malaysia. Look at mfa 80% of the instructor are expat..doh. Yes malaysia got lots of cadet pilot but how many wants to folk out money to be an instructor? Not many. That is why if you look around you will realised that 80% of the instructors around malaysia are EXPAT. So please get your info right before scaring some people here who are sincere of pursuing a career. I already have offer from Mfa but am considering if i should move over. Anyway even if flying schools do not want you, dozens of flying clubs around malaysia will grab you.

confirm-finals?
9th May 2006, 16:27
if u say transmile had stopped taking in expat then ok i can give u a benefit of a doubt
It's not transmile stopping expats, it's an order from DCA that NO MORE expats will be employed!!! Expats already working for transmile (FO's not captains) have been told as of last week that work permits MAY NOT be extended due to the increasing amount of cadet pilots coming from MFA etc.
Look at mfa 80% of the instructor are expat
I think you will find that number to be higher. The only local instructor at MFA is Captain Zul, everyone else is expat (india, english, australian, european etc)
full Malaysian Licence in his pocket
How so? If he is an expat then he requires a work permit to hold a malaysian ATPL. Otherwise he just holds the theory credits...
9M I agree that some students should become instructors so they can build time to meet the requirments just like pilots all over the world do. But currently these cadets are lucky to be able to walk into AA, Transmile and even MAS. Lucky now but that will come to an end very soon as more and more pilots enter the workforce.
As an expat I know that my time in Malaysia is limited. I'm just trying to make the best of what I have been fortunate enough to be given. :ok:

Virtual Reality
9th May 2006, 16:47
MasterD,
1. Are you a Malaysian?
2. Do you really want to be an "AIRLINE" pilot?
3. Do you have RM200K to burn?
4. Are you "WELL CONNECTED" with any big guns in any airlines or with any local politicians?
If all the answers are "YES", it is worth trying, otherwise, have another thought ...............:)
My 2 cents .....

MasterD
9th May 2006, 20:57
Hi all

Thanks for all the info
I JUST WANT TO FLY
with an airline as an instructor i dont care i just want to be in the air i have worked day and night for 4 years to save the money to make this dream come true

Billy T
21st May 2006, 16:29
HI... just like to ask something here... I"m going for the technical interview this thursday.. can anyone give me a help here? I'm afraid of the test.. any hints? what do I need to look out for before the interview? please help..

Ghostrider777
24th May 2006, 10:44
Hi,

Is there a 3rd flying school in malaysia aka 'APFT'?? Where is it? Pls shed some light...thanks

MasterD
24th May 2006, 10:46
http://www.asiapacificflighttraining.com/main/

cruisercruiser
2nd Nov 2006, 20:49
Hi all,

I initially had intentions of going to MFA for a CPL, but had 2nd thoughts after reading this : http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=165062. Feedback from old and present students were very negative and moral of privately sponsored students are low.

I am wondering what the conditions are like in HMA.

Some major concerns:

1) Are private students being trained the same way as MAS/AA cadets? Read that private students are being grossly mistreated in MFA. This is in terms of ground school training materials and priority for flying. Also read that students there were segragated and discriminated (treated as 3rd class citizens) by the school.

2) What is the intructor: student ratio?

3) Are the training facilities (of good standard?

4) Are instructors professional and approachable?

Some issues of lesser concern are food and social life.

Feel free to comment on any other issues not mentioned!

cheers

richie-rich
4th Nov 2006, 19:45
the mentioned figure is what i got from the asia pacific flight training website :
PPL/CPL/IR & ATPL (FROZEN)

Packaged Application for PPL/CPL/IR & ATPL (FROZEN) RM
1. 165 hours of Single-Engine Flying 85,800.00
2. 35 hours of Multi-Engine Flying 53,200.00
3. 875 hours of Ground School 21,875.00
TOTAL PACKAGE 160,875.00

upon dividing it by 3.5 to convert it into aussie dollars, it comes to AU$45 964.

I think its worth considering training up at Oz rather than Malaysia because with this figure, you are likely to get a CPL+IR anyway.

Richie

beeped
18th Nov 2006, 07:02
my replies in bold

Hi all,

1) Are private students being trained the same way as MAS/AA cadets? Read that private students are being grossly mistreated in MFA. This is in terms of ground school training materials and priority for flying. Also read that students there were segragated and discriminated (treated as 3rd class citizens) by the school.
As a private student in HMA, I can say that we are treated equally, if not better than MAS cadets who have more restrictions placed upon them with respect to leave applications etc.

2) What is the intructor: student ratio?
Not too sure. ~20 instructors for ~200 cadets? (includes FIs and GIs)

3) Are the training facilities (of good standard?
Training facilities are near excellent. Each ground school classroom has a PC and projectors, and it is fully air conditioned. Our sim (ALSIM with glass cockpit) is new and well maintained.

4) Are instructors professional and approachable?
The instructors? Well, there are bad apples (the new CI - a screaming squeaky-voiced know-it-all ex-airforce pilot), Capt S.A (old CFI who's since moved on to head the MPL program) - does two-headed snake ring any bells? and Capt N - (quite a few students have ended up with bruised arms thanks to him, but a decent bloke overall.. among others) A few new arrivals this year : Maktab 01 from the RMAF Training College who recently left (janji keling) and Capt Z (ex-MFA CFI)

Some issues of lesser concern are food and social life.
FOOD! Yes. Typical malay food. Had some health issues recently (20-odd students down with severe food poisoning) but the school changed caterers so I guess it's better now. There's a mamak right outside our school too.

Social life - Keep in mind you're living on an island so it gets old after a while. You'll be staying in the hostel relatively far from everywhere so you'll have to rent a car/bike or bring your own. Good points? Duty Free alcohol. Tourists. The Beach. Quite a good combination :}

Feel free to comment on any other issues not mentioned!
Expect delays though. Plenty of cock-ups - AVGAS shortage, no flying for 2 weeks due to shortage of life jackets (!), bad planning etc. As a result, batch 3 is now 6 months overdue. Batch 4 is 4 months overdue. Imagine what the rest of the batches are like. Batch 14 just came in last week. I've no idea how the school is going to manage.
cheers

cruisercruiser
13th Mar 2007, 10:32
Qoute

" PENANG, Feb 10 (Bernama) -- A collected mind and quick action in the nick of time saved the life of a Malaysia Airlines (MAS) trainee pilot whose Diamond DA 40 light training aircraft crashed into the sea two nautical miles south of Pulau Aman near here Friday.

After the aircraft developed an engine problem, Nor Azlan Yazid, 25, kicked its door open and jumped into the water.

"Azlan who wore a life jacket was plucked to safety by a fisherman who saw the mishap," said Civil Aviation Department (DCA) director Ooi Chean Ong when met at the Pantai Hospital here Friday.

Azlan, who was unhurt in the incident, has been admitted at the hospital for observation.

He was flying the plane on a solo training flight when the mishap happened after he left the Bayan Lepas International Airport here for Ipoh at 5.30 pm.

The training was conducted by the Langkawi-based HM Aerospace Flight School, which owned the aircraft.

Ooi said that Azlan, who is from Selangor, was believed to have circled in the air to look for a site to make an emergency landing after the aircraft developed the engine problem."

Has anyone got further news on this? Any investigation reports etc? What wen wrong with the engine? Seems that it has gone hush.

320aviat
13th Mar 2007, 13:30
Itz actually from which perspective you see the school from.Well MFA is very well established but the aircrafts are very old(piper warrior and seneca) and the principal is worst guy you can find in the aviation industry.but as cadets all of you have the advantage of going back most of the weekends and itz just one and ahalf hours drive from kuala lumpur.on the other hand hma has the best aircrafts(TRUST ME ON THIS).they use TB10s,diamond da40 and da42 twin star(glass cockpit EFIS/FMS),and they even have a FNPT 2 simulator of the twin engine.but you will have to live in a terrible island known as LANGKAWI.u kant go back everyweekend.air fare is expensive and you are not allowed to go out of the school premises after 7pm.you have clearance until 10pm on the weekends.life is not that great.well apft is ok so far but they are also using warriors and senecas and a few leased eagle 150b.BUT YOU MUST BE AWARE THAT ALL FLYING SCHOOLS IN MALAYSIA ARE FACING SHORTAGE OF INSTRUCTORS WHICH WILL COUSE A DELAY IN THE WHOLE PROGRAMME.THEY WILL PROMISE YOU 60 WEEKS BUT IN REALITY IT WILL TAKE 2 YEARS.that all for now,tc

Frynog
3rd Apr 2007, 09:35
Speaking of instructors, im told asia pacific flight training are looking for any instructors with over 200hrs instruction, this the case at HM also?

kwaiyai
4th Apr 2007, 17:47
apparently at HMA you only need a PPL to Instruct:= U know who you are Lah:p

phrixus29
30th Jul 2007, 17:31
Hey guys,

I have my Canadian CPL with Multi/IR and my flight instructor rating with 200 hrs instructional..I have been in correspondence with HM aerospace for a flight instructor job with them as soon as possible..I have a family back home that's why somewhere closer to home..From Singapore actually..They told me to submit my documents and they also told me that the processing doesn't take more than a month as they would follow up with DCA with regards to the documents sent by myself.

If anyone has an experience of this sort,do fill me with the details as to how fast DCA works with regards to the situation I have described above.

I was told by MFA that I will not need to do a conversion of my Canadian licenses but a validation of the license is simply required to be able to instruct in Malaysia..

For those of you who have a clue about this,do fill me in with the details...

Thanks guys

Busher
3rd Aug 2007, 11:43
It is strictly forbidden to smoke in any HMA or MFA aircraft! Now, if any of u wants to be trained with international standards you'd better choose to fly somewhere else than in Malaysia.

Busher
3rd Aug 2007, 11:48
What MFA told you about a Malay validation is right. If I were you I would read comments about MFA before making any decision. Same applies to HMA. Regarding DCA in Malaysia.... I'd rather not put any comment just remember they are hopeless...! Have you tried Bintulu, new flying school in Bintulu?

beeped
14th Aug 2007, 10:44
Well you can smoke if you don't get caught ;) That's what the storm window is for. After all, I know an examiner who puffs on his pipe every 5 minutes

phrixus29
16th Sep 2007, 16:10
I reckon the name of the school in Bintulu is Gulf Golden Flying Academy and yes I have tried there and I was actually told to come down to KL for an interview.

But I just wanted to know whats the working lifestyle there and are they hiring on contract and what are their payscale like anyways?

For me to instruct in Malaysia is because of the pull factor I have from my family and my wife.So thats why Malaysia is a high consideretion,knowing that I won't really be earning much but then again a rough estimation of the payscale will be of great help.

Thanks guys

thornycactus
16th Sep 2007, 17:00
I reckon the name of the school in Bintulu is Gulf Golden Flying Academy and yes I have tried there and I was actually told to come down to KL for an interview. But I just wanted to know whats the working lifestyle there and are they hiring on contract and what are their payscale like anyways? For me to instruct in Malaysia is because of the pull factor I have from my family and my wife.So thats why Malaysia is a high consideretion,knowing that I won't really be earning much but then again a rough estimation of the payscale will be of great help.
Hum...married man. Must be a tough life for you to do a career switch. Do you think worth it to do it right now? Especially, you are a Singaporean/Malaysian.

About the pay, I am sure you already know much you will be getting.

Besides, there is post about Malaysia FI requirement. Read post #12 (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?p=2661054) [<- right click]

I pointed out something about flight schools in Malaysia. If you have time, you can read (but read it thoroughly). The links to the posts were written by experienced FI in Malaysia. [click here (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showpost.php?p=3539301&postcount=107)]

I am not discouraging you, but you have to think twice.:oh:

mingalababya
16th Sep 2007, 22:15
phrixus29 .. check PM's. :)

optimus_prime
19th Sep 2007, 22:19
If you wanna graduate at least 10 months behind schedule and carry the reputation of being another HMA product, then go for it buddy. Get the drift?

phrixus29
22nd Sep 2007, 16:45
The whole idea of myself contemplating on going to malaysia is because of family,thats all and I am not a fresh starter in aviation...well no choice but to make a career switch buddy...i m not too old myself..still in the late 20's..so still can afford to make the move...:)

I am a flight instructor,just heading back for a job...

thanks mingalababya..will sure keep u posted along the way

Merdeka
29th Sep 2007, 05:02
Hey there Optimus_Prime . . . Megatron here http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/46.gif

Salary scale is good whaaat! better than workers who don't even have working permit isn't it? The Whisperer is cautioning me again, bubbye :cool:

optimus_prime
30th Sep 2007, 00:52
Hey megatron, for once, we have to put our differences aside and join forces, just for this one time. whadaya think? We can resume beatin' the **** out of each other once we deal with this inter galactic menace that is in meddling in our war. I though WE were the only ones after the cube (kak kak kak).

...and which workers don't have work permit?

I heard some students there were caught fighting in a hotel, or somethin like that. The best part . . . . they got away scot free!!! I think I'd better enrol meself in as a cadet. :}

Merdeka
30th Sep 2007, 05:50
Yo Optim,

Agreed, why not Iraq and Iran unite against George Bush :ugh:

I got friends everywhere man and with enemies like you I can live forever :D been down and out of Pprune for so long can't even type proper spellings anymore . . . kih kih kih.

neways, about the Illegals:- heard the man has a ship load of Myanmarese on a ship in Thai waters working on his ships without permit (so says me buddies in Myanmar). The coppers in LGK were laughing their head off at the drug cases and told me there were a few of these Myanmarese on HMA compound working as Gardeners or something WITHOUT PERMIT!!! They found out upon their visit there for the drug cases.

about the fight:- Very interesting :D apparently a bunch of rich kids there are really playing the owner like a puppet on the strings. Someone told me that these kids are always drunk during their ground school (clubbing every night). Then I went to Sheraton for a holiday, guess what? One of the managers is my long lost friend from 737 days in MAS :rolleyes: He picked up the phone (3 days after the fact) and told me :mad: one of the boys was drunk in Sheraton and told him off - quote "Do you know who my father is?" Holy cow, I wonder? (some businessman in Shah Alam) must be one whom the owner is afraid of . . . http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/icons/winksbuddie.gif Then my copper friends called me and said that this boy had a gang beat_up case with a waiter (victim) in Sheraton over a woman (waitress or something). The beauty was that the owner said EXPEL these drunkard students as they are bad products in the making. Everybody in School management said yes to this, but alas when the coppers pursued the case, the owner told the management to keep this student until he graduates . . . WOW what a fickle minded, money greedy IDIOT. Is this the kind of pilots HMA is producing? Drunkard Hooligan to join the airlines? Wonder what comes after 911? Drunkard Hooligan Pilot beats up his crew and passengers because they were flirting with his wannabee girlfriend the stewardess and the aircraft crashes into KLCC? God forbids:* Yo Mr. Zulhaimee Sir, when are you gonna take the MAS Cadets out of this hell hole???? don't just talk, do it!!! for God's sake they gonna be flying with me man . . . as though it's not enough that MAS has to retrain them to fly BASIC INSTRUMENTS, let alone expose them into this kind of SICK training environment.

Dear God, why have Thou allowed people like the owner of HMA to get his way and create so much potential air disasters with their products? what wrong have done in society to deserve such an irresponsible humans who take the destiny of innocent young men into his Arrogant and Ignorant hands? :mad:

Even us Decepticons have a heart
Megatron.

optimus_prime
30th Sep 2007, 13:15
Man I heard MFA was bad, but this is . . . :confused: You sure about the facts? Sounds too ****ty to be true. If so, bedda warn me mates not to go there. Where d'ya suggest we go for trainin'. Down under's too far and DCA don't recognize the hours mate! Looks like I'm bloody stuck in no mans land.

Quick, bumblebee, send a message to all autobots : prepare for diversion. We have a foe greater than the decepticons. Unless we join forces, there is no way to defeat them!! We must protect the CUBE at all costs!!

john 549
8th Oct 2007, 04:40
better come to the phils... most may be the best instructors in malaysia are filipinos....you can find them in the schools in malaysia...

john 549
8th Oct 2007, 04:47
you will see radzi...there.....and there s no difference with..hm......

john 549
8th Oct 2007, 04:56
if it rain..no flight..if theres clouds on the runway....no flight...and no confidence flight trainning will be given to you...im not surprizzzzzz if students crush and the dont nuw wat to do.... imagine.. student with 100hrs will recite efato..on me.... when we depart towards the sea.... 300ft i declare eng failure....... i think its common sense....ditching procedures....right,.....goodluck....thats why radzi doesnt like me... coz he thinks what they have teach will be enuf for his graduates... if they fly... charter..or othr jobs beside..airline.... sorrrriririririri accident in the making.....

john 549
8th Oct 2007, 04:58
hope for changes.....

phrixus29
12th Oct 2007, 01:02
who are the instructors instructing on the multi-engine aircrafts?

senior or newbiews also get a chance at HM ?

rijinster
31st Oct 2007, 23:50
hi,i'm planning take cpl/ir with frozen atpl from hm aerospase langhawi.i would like to know the fee structure and the expence for this course and also the job oppertunities fro international students..please do help me.

MasterD
2nd Nov 2007, 11:08
rijinster check your PM

MasterD
18th Feb 2008, 14:50
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=285155

Hello All

I am still trying to get my money back and still no luck
I have been put in touch with a Mr Zulkifli who is trying to get peoples money back SO THE PERSON SAYS

Does anyone know who he is

Thanks

taboo
20th Feb 2008, 05:53
the tb-10s in HM are wonderful. if u really wish to learn about the fundamentals of flying then u should fly those planes. however, u might not be able to do that bcoz HM is planning to sell them off and operate on Diamond aircrafts only.

I would suggest u try Kota Bharu or Malaysian Flying Academy.

btw, why do u wan to fly 'canggih' (high-tech) planes? don't u want to learn your handling the old fashioned method? flying isn't all about engaging the Auto-Pilot and enjoying a cup of hot choc. :=:=LOL

rol819
6th Mar 2008, 08:53
Very sad you have to endure all these problems. A friend of mine joined them in 2006 and graduated in about 104 weeks instead of the "training period" of 57weeks. The school allowed the total cost to be paid in five installments over a period of 9 months, being the first RM 10,000 to be paid upon enrolment/reservation fee(non -refundable) as stated in the contract. They have no right to keep the remaining RM130,000!(should not have paid)
I understand that Zulkifi is an instructor and Mr. Ranji is the new principal. Maybe you can talk to Ranji. (better)
If you don't get any result, the best course of action is through a lawyer.
keep your receipt!!

regards
rol819

MasterD
6th Mar 2008, 09:58
Hi rol819

I was not the only person the school did this to there was an other student who got a lawyer and tried to get his money back but the owner of HMA payed of the layer and judge and the case was closed and he lost everything. So i am trying the nice approach it might take long but i should get something back
I phone them everyday to see what is happening and so far i have been told end of March so lets see

rol819
6th Mar 2008, 10:26
Make sure you get the right lawyer too. As in any places, there are corrupt lawyers and judges but overall our judiciary system is still ok on low level. JUst make sure you get the right lawyer if you have too.
But lets see what happened end of the month.
BTW, What r you doing now?

MasterD
6th Mar 2008, 12:02
i am working and trying to get into a flying school in England

zakka
6th Mar 2008, 12:40
Mr Zulkifli is an examiner at the school. he is generally a good and honest man, and I am sure he is sincere if he tries to help - the question is if he actually is in a position where people will listen to him. All the best to you

Syrian Aviator
13th Mar 2008, 13:33
This excerpt was taken from the Star newspaper website

Wednesday March 5, 2008

Light aircraft crashes into anthill

LANGKAWI: A four-seater light aircraft made a crash landing close to a swamp near the Langkawi International Airport during a routine training exercise.

Langkawi OCPD Supt Mohd Ali Jamaluddin said the student pilot and the instructor on board the Diamond 40 aircraft escaped unhurt.

Supt Mohd Ali said the aircraft engine stalled, forcing the instructor to make a crash landing at 11am yesterday.

“It landed on hard ground at the buffer zone of the airport,” he said.

Mohd Ali said the instructor had tried to minimise damage while crash landing.

“But the aircraft crashed into an anthill, dislodging the left tyre. The wing was also damaged as the aircraft almost crashed into a ditch,” he said.

The aircraft belonged to HM Aerospace Pilot Training School based in the island.

A similar incident occurred on Feb 9 last year when trainee pilot Nor Azlan Yazid experience engine failure while flying 900m above sea level. The aircraft plunged into the sea not far from Pulau Aman.

Nor Azlan, who was piloting the aircraft during a solo training programme, miraculously survived although he initially had difficulty breaking the door open because of tremendous water pressure as the aircraft sank into the sea.

---------END---------

The fiction is: The aircraft was released for training when it was not supposed to

The fact is: The aircraft crashed and 2 lives were spared

Good fong sui, Good luck

MasterD
13th Mar 2008, 13:53
what the hell is going on with that school planes are just falling from the sky and there cant pay people back

Passenger 07
14th Mar 2008, 04:25
Just a question. Was the AD on fuel line applied? (AD from the 11 February?) ... Modification should be done within the next 10 hours or the first inspection... the nearest date?

beeped
18th Mar 2008, 09:21
As always the school wanted to wait till the last moment before the deadline expires - tough luck for them. The aircraft (HMI) is still sitting on jacks in the hangar, no word whether they're going to repair it or write it off. Maybe it'll join the dismantled one in the corner of the other hangar.

The rest of the aircraft with 2.0's are still Dual Only - At least if anything else happens there will be an instructor there

Stallone
9th Apr 2012, 06:39
So how's the condition of HMA currently? ;)

TKD
7th Jan 2013, 22:08
Am compiling data from Batch 1 onwards, need the the following initially for all batches having graduated from HM Aerospace.

1. Batch No:
2. Start Dates: dd/mm/yyyy
3. Graduation Dates: dd/mm/yyyy

training wheels
8th Jan 2013, 03:43
Shouldn't the school itself have this data?

MasterD
30th Apr 2015, 15:28
Hi all

Still waiting to get my money back from HM Aerospace
Its been 8 Years and still nothing

MasterD
30th Apr 2015, 15:39
HM Aerospace stole £20000 from me 8 years ago and all i get from them is the lawyers are working on it