View Full Version : FAA CFI to JAA FI

helilad
25th Apr 2006, 10:12
Hi Guys, Im currently working on west coast USA as CFII {H}and thinking of moving home to london and doing JAA FI[H}.Is there a fast track process or does one have to do the full 30hr JAA course?? I already have JAA CPL complete and have 2200hrs on rotors.I have been offered a full time job in UK as there is a "shortage of instructors".Is this the case ??

HillerBee
25th Apr 2006, 10:17
The fasttrack is 15 hours of dual and a shorter theoretical knowledge course (30 hours I believe) you can find it in the LASORS on the CAA website. There is demand for instructor in the UK and Ireland, but with your hours it shouldn't be to hard to find another job as well.

helilad
25th Apr 2006, 10:24
Tks Hillerbee,will have a look in LASORS.Any idea of which school to use or even more important HOW MUCH ?? New job is based on achieving the rating first at my expense.....How much would one expect to be paid in UK per hr flying/g-school as USA rates are poor these days.

Lightning_Boy
25th Apr 2006, 12:55
If your in the US, you can do your JAA FI with HAI in florida. There able to do the training (30 ground and 15 flight) and carry out the LST in house.

Should be cheaper than the UK :)

If you need contact details PM me.

LB :ok:

thecontroller
25th Apr 2006, 13:44
yeah, but it will be on a Schweizer, not an r22. that maybe something to think about if you are looking for an r22 job

now that the need for full-downs has been removed from the CFI checkride, will HAI now let students do the CFI/FI course on an R22?

HillerBee
25th Apr 2006, 13:59
He has 2200 hours. So I don't think doing 15 hours on a Schweizer will make any difference at all!!!

thecontroller
25th Apr 2006, 14:03
oh yeah, just noticed that. anyway, it might be something to consider if you are a low-time pilot seeking an FI rating

helilad
25th Apr 2006, 23:10
Thanks for all the replys people.I know HAI can do the JAA course but any time I call they only seem interested if you wanna spend alot of cash,not interested in short courses.I sent a friend of mine there recently to do JAA PPL and they fobbed him off saying they didn't have time but asked was he willing to do the the full JAA CPL and if so to enroll ASAP !!!

To bad money and profit is the main game there but I guess its just a business to them.Otherwise good training I believe .......??

Any schools in UK that anybody can recommend ?

26th Apr 2006, 01:25
These days HAI seem to be more interested in JAA and Military Contract students (maybe HAI know the J1 scheme can't last forever?). That's where the money is. I have heard its not uncommon for FAA students to take 11-14 months just to get a IR, CPL & CFI ratings. A good standard of training, but I think the school is way too busy these days.