View Full Version : Skybus Airlines in KCMH ??

bafanguy
24th Apr 2006, 23:25
Anyone heard anything lately about this proposed operator ? There has been talk, off and on, about this company starting up. I can't prove it now, but I seem to remember seeing a former SWA and a former DL management type being involved.

Lately...nothing. Anyone know details ? Thanks.

flyboyike
25th Apr 2006, 00:35
This is all I found.

http://www.skybus.com/

bafanguy
25th Apr 2006, 14:15
Thanks, that's about all I found too.

flyboyike
25th Apr 2006, 14:51
It has a weird look to it. Photoshopped airplane, some names, I dunno, feels strange.

bafanguy
25th Apr 2006, 19:43
www.emergingairlines.********.com for a few comments/factoids re Skybus...

Ignition Override
30th Apr 2006, 04:07
Bafanguy: Keep in mind how many new airlines have disappeared under US deregulation.

And that was before these very high fuel prices.

Even the newer darling of the skies, JetBlue, posted its first financial losses. Losses will be posted soon at AirTran and Southwest. Southwest is gradually losing its fractions of hedged fuel, and both JetBlue and AirTran had almost none, due to equity and cash available.

Read about what JetBlue pays their Emb-190 Captains, at "airlinepilotpay.com", and decide whether you want to join a brand-new airline. Salaries might not yet have hit rock-bottom. The supply of willing pilots is the only limitation. Low salaries are always touted as the cure, and unions (if they exist) blamed for the problems, if you are part of airline upper mgmt-but the track records of dozens of airlines indicate otherwise.

Many of the airlines which have failed also had some of the lowest pilot salaries in the US for the type of equipment. Check the original salaries for America West (B-737), and read about its rescue by banks in Arizona from a near-fatal condition.

Guys/gals who drive the smaller Fedex or UPS courier trucks can now earn much more than many B-737 or DC-9 First Officers in the US.

bafanguy
30th Apr 2006, 12:48
IGN OVRD,

Agreed...starting an airline these days is a pretty bold stroke. The only thing that comes to mind is the old adage that a fool and his money are soon parted.