PDA

View Full Version : difference in economy and premium economy

tony norman
24th Apr 2006, 19:16
i hope someone can help me here....

i have just booked my wedding in cuba and we are flying charter (tomas cook) on a airbus A3??. two seating option are in place as noted in the title. the latter is £200 extra if i were to book it for thereturn leg.

before i do that i would like toknow what the difference is??

if someone can help that would be great.

ta.

Avman
24th Apr 2006, 21:12
Never used them, but may I suggest you try their website. I'm sure that you'll get a full explanation there. Generally, with charters, it means a tad more legroom and a few "extras" here and there. Probably worth it for a long sector, unless you don't mind being squeezed in and spend the extra cash on booze & food during your hols.

apaddyinuk
24th Apr 2006, 22:12
Tony Norman...I had to laugh at this because Tony and Norman my First and Second name!!!!!! OH DEAR....given too much away!!!

But anyways, to answer your question, unfortunately I have no idea about Thomas Cook but with the likes of BA and Virgin, Premium Economy usually involves a few extra perks such as larger seats and more legroom, enhanced IFE and a few little service enhancements such as newspapers and champagne. Hope that makes sense to you!

wub
25th Apr 2006, 10:18
Paddy, when did BA start giving away champagne in WT+ ?

I'm of to Singapore in WT+ in a few days (coming back in Club, where there really is champagne). To my mind the extra for premium economy is well worth it.

Beagle-eye
25th Apr 2006, 15:02
I flew with Thomas Cook last year. They were charging extra to sit in the emergency exit rows. Just before take off a fellow economy traveller made a dash for a spare exit row seat which was unocupied. He was roundly scolded by the cabin crew and sent back to his seat. This "premium economy seat" remained unoccupied throughout the flight.
One result of this strategy was that the emergency rows were occupied by elderly people who needed the extra space. I would not like to consider the result if we were to rely on these people to open the exit window :(

Globaliser
25th Apr 2006, 19:11
Paddy, when did BA start giving away champagne in WT+ ?

I'm of to Singapore in WT+ in a few days (coming back in Club, where there really is champagne). To my mind the extra for premium economy is well worth it.It seems that sparkling wine is now available in both economy and WT+. I tried the stuff, though, and won't rush to repeat the experience.

In the past, I have seen the occasional glass of champagne waft back into W from J, as well as cheese and biscuits etc.

I agree with the value of premium economy - at the right price uplift, of course.

apaddyinuk
26th Apr 2006, 01:22
Wub...Sadly they do not, Im using the comparison of both BA and Virgin...Virgin do give out bubbly!!!! Sorry, Should have been more specific!

tony norman
26th Apr 2006, 09:06
thanx for the replies guys.