PDA

View Full Version : Need advace for setting a date for the CPP selection process.

bokingwen
24th Apr 2006, 16:04
I received a mail from CX today for the CPP in the email CX ask me when I will be in HK for the selection process since I apply the CPP oversea.

This is the exact quote from the email:
"We note from your application form that you are currently not residing in Hong Kong. Please inform us of the exact date which you will be available to attend our selection process in Hong Kong."

I want to know if I tell them I be available in June, will this be too late or inappropriate? Should I just set a day ASAP for the selection process? I need to arrange time off at work. As I read the threads in this forum I see that for oversea people CX will make the entire process with in a week or so. In the email CX also have a number for me to call. I wonder if I should call CX up and ask them how long the selection process takes so I can better mange the time off at my current job.

cfdwhizkid
24th Apr 2006, 16:34
I've been told the next selection process is 2nd week of May... if u rnt available until a later date, there's one in July.
3-4weeks is probably what u're looking for... provided u pass the first stage, 2nd stage is gonna b abt 2 weeks after the 1st. They wont give u a date for 3rd n 4th(flight grading) until u passed the 2nd, 3rd stage respectively.
Hope this answer ur question.

bokingwen
24th Apr 2006, 18:17
Thanks for the quick replay, I won't be able to make it to the May interview I guess I will aim for the one in July. I will reply the email and tell them I will be available in June. I guess they will than put me on the July interview. Hope things go well.

cfdwhizkid
24th Apr 2006, 18:36
Guess I wont see u in May then, but hopefully I'll meet u in Adelaide.
Actually lucky the selection process' not in June as I'm goin to watch the World Cup baby!!

Come on ENG-ER-LAND!!!

bokingwen
24th Apr 2006, 19:07
cfdwhizkid did you apply the CPP in UK? If so did you put a HK address in your app? Did they also give you an option on when you will be in HK for the selection process?

cfdwhizkid
24th Apr 2006, 19:21
yes i sent in my app from UK n no i did not put in a HK address.

n yes, when i ring them, they offered me a choice between may and july (no fixed date yet). But it's on a first come first serve basis so u better hurry.

bokingwen
24th Apr 2006, 21:02
Hey cfdwhizkid one more question when you call CX back did you talk to them with English or Cantonese?

cfdwhizkid
24th Apr 2006, 21:29
talked to them in chinese. but dun think it wudve mattered anyway

seattlespinner
25th Apr 2006, 00:02
I had my stage 2 yesterday. They told me that CX is going to open two classes this year. One in Aug and one in Oct, so I think if you start stage one in June, it wont be a problem.

Minimums!
25th Apr 2006, 04:28
hi guys. they gave me a choice for dates as well. i told them may because i couldnt make the april ones because of school. spoke to them in english. Dont sweat it, and good luck!

cfwizkid havent talked to you in awhile? getting ready for the interview? when did you say it was again?

Minimums!

cfdwhizkid
25th Apr 2006, 12:24
Hey Minimums

been really busy these days.. uni, work, gym, golf, interview preparation... dun even have time for booze anymore.. :)
My first one's on 16th

Minimums!
25th Apr 2006, 14:10
cool. listen, email me when you get to hk. ill have a cell number by that time.

Minimums!

K3nnyboy
25th Apr 2006, 14:42
just give them a date when you are ready for it!! I'm sure they are some understandable people there at CX....don't stress too much about it, if in doubt, (go for C hahaha international answer for multiple choice question!!:} )

C= call them!! But personally i think email should be ok, since they are busy all the time!
Course do start in either July/August and the other class during October this year, plenty of time for you to do interview mate~

cheers~

bokingwen
26th Apr 2006, 15:47
I email them back last night and told them I will be available for the selection process in June. Ada from CX email me back that she will note that I will be available for the July 2006 selection process. So I assume I will am scheduled for the July selection process. She also asked me how long I will stay in HK and ask me if I going to move back to HK permanently.

The question is if I pass the selection process of couse I will move back to HK permanently. If I didn't make might not move back to HK for good.

cfdwhizkid did they ask you the same question, if so how did you reply? Maybe I am worrying too much.....

cfdwhizkid
26th Apr 2006, 23:21
Ada emailed me asking when I'll b available n I rang her telling her I can come back in May or after July. I also asked her how long is the process n she said 3 weeks for the 1st 2 stages. I cudnt stay any longer anyway as I'm going to Germany in early June so that suits me. She didnt ask if i'll move back for good tho.

Minimums!
27th Apr 2006, 21:08
alright. well i just wrote them too, and Cecilia verifies that they got my application but they believe im too overqualified because i have a CPL. Any thoughts anyone?

Minimums!

bokingwen
28th Apr 2006, 13:56
I wrote back to Ada and told her that I will be available in HK for the selection processs for 2 to 3 weeks and I can stay longer if it is needed. Since than I hadn't heard from Ada she hadn't give me a set date for the July selection process.

K3nnyboy
28th Apr 2006, 15:39
I dun think having CPl would put you on the over-qualified side of the line, cos I personally got a Aussie CPL and they offer me interview as well, just be patient~

Bazoots
28th Apr 2006, 23:48
Hi lads,

I see all of you guys like me are applying from overseas. I've just been back to HK and have finally got me ID card. Was so easy I couldnt believe it. Took an hour. Just one quick question on the CX application did you guys put yes to HK Permanent Resident?

Due to my lack of leave from work I think I will apply to Cathay towards the end of this year at the earliest. But then again I could just apply now and have my interviews should I get that far later I guess.

What do you all reckon?

Good luck for the interviews.

bokingwen
1st May 2006, 14:24
Hi lads,

Just one quick question on the CX application did you guys put yes to HK Permanent Resident?

Hi Xsain

The CPP program is specially for Hong Kong Resident in order to be consider in the CPP program you have to be a Hong Kong Resident. So yes you have to put yes for the Permanent Resident.

Bazoots
1st May 2006, 20:05
Cheers for that reply man reading back on everyones posts I take it you put down yes to HK resident and then gave an overseas addy rather than a HK addy. Would that be a correct assumption?

bokingwen
2nd May 2006, 04:44
Yes I put my oversea address in the CPP application. In the resident section I have enter my US and HK id # on it. Per my friend who is a pilot in CX right now he did his application the same way as I did. So if you have dual citizenship no harm to put it all there.

Bazoots
2nd May 2006, 19:57
Cher cher. Hold n NZ passport and a HK ID card so will definitely do that. Cheers for the help man.

dragonzinho
9th May 2006, 07:01
Hi guys,

Have any of you got exact dates for the July CPP stage 1 selection? I got the same "when can you come up" response. When I told them that I was free either the 1st week of july, or otherwise in September/October/November, Ada said that they don't have any schedules during those times.

I'm guessing that the selection process would be either in the later weeks of July? Can somebody confirm this?

Also (while I highly doubt getting an answer for this), does anybody know when the next stage will be after this July? Like the first guy - sorry I didn't put your name the server is busy - I have to be able to book time off at my job, which requires LOTS of notice!

If I get disheartened from their selection processes being at all the busy times for my current job, I just may have to quit, just to attend the interviews!!!

bokingwen
9th May 2006, 17:02
jpangos

I am in the same situation as you I have been exchanging emails with CX they keep asking me whether I will move back to HK permanently in July or after the selection process.

Well - I just send CX another email explaining that I will move back later this year and hadn't decide on a date yet. I mean I really want to be accepted in CPP but the selection process is hard or I should said very selective I wouldn't surprise if I didn’t make it. So I can't just quit my job right now and move back HK for the selection process. I hope they understand my situation if they send me back another email about the "permanently move back to HK" again I will call them up and explain to them about my situation. Hope they will understand and from what I have read in this forum CX is very reasonable.

Good luck to you too.

lamt88
24th May 2006, 01:59
Hey guys,

I have an interview stage 1 with Cathay on July 11. It is a whole day selection process. Hope this help you with your concerns!

Good luck to all applicants.

Lowspirited
24th May 2006, 04:22
Hello i was wondering if anyone knows if CX still accepting CPP applications? I noticed their ad was at the end of March, however at the time i was not free to apply. Is it too late now? :confused: I hear there are interviews in July, if i express deliver the application do you's think it'll be in time for an interview? :{

Thanks for any help!

x12
24th May 2006, 05:46
So, do you have to travel to HK to do the interviews ? also as an F/O on the Freighter fleet would you have to move base to HK for the pax fleet ?
Also, anyone know what ya get paid, can't find it on the website ?

bokingwen
25th May 2006, 15:09
x12 for the CPP program you need to travel to HK for the interview.

K3nnyboy I too have my 1st interview on the July 11st see you in HK. Now I have do my study for the interview.

Lowspirited I think you can apply for the CPP program anytime. According to my friend who is a pilot in CX, CX accept application for CPP all year long and no offense they seem to interview most of the people apply (1st interview).

Lowspirited
25th May 2006, 16:42
hehe i know they interview most ppl that apply the first time and qualify, but i'm applying second time :ugh: , i've personally talked to some ppl that could not get another interview so dunno what actually happens inside...of course i've also talked with ppl that got a second interview hehe, so guess i'll just have to wait and see

Btw anyone notice the medical questionaire isn't on their website anymore? did they take that out of the application or did i just miss it :confused:

lamt88
25th May 2006, 22:07
bokingwen..I am not k3nnyboy ==,
hey do you have msn? maybe we can meet up first that day if you don't mind...=) ..this is my first time applying cs and has interview!
I am doing the stage 1 on july 11,2006 from 845 am - 330pm

if anyone has the same day..and want to meet up that day! leave your msn there..icq...whatever! ..
Good luck

K3nnyboy
31st May 2006, 17:51
K3nnyboy I too have my 1st interview on the July 11st see you in HK. Now I have do my study for the interview.

bokingwen..I am not k3nnyboy ==,
hey do you have msn? maybe we can meet up first that day if you don't mind...=) ......

Did someone mention my name? I have been to pprune for ages....and saw my name poping up twice haha.....anywai~~good luck guys...cos i didn't make it in this year again~~cheerz

lamt88
31st May 2006, 23:28
ya..he thought u r going on that day too..so ya..
haha anyway..Thank you!
Good luck to u too =)~
peace

K3nnyboy
1st Jun 2006, 11:18
uhh~~not much of the good luck after failing both CX n KA this year i suppose~~but yea, when did you guys apply for KA? seems like both of yo passed all the intial test n stuff right?

lamt88
1st Jun 2006, 20:58
nop, We will have our first stage selection process on July 11,2006!
Well...I didn't apply for KA

bokingwen
2nd Jun 2006, 15:53
I apply for KA too the sametime as CX but never heard anything back from KA.

LeoT
4th Jun 2006, 08:50
Hello, I'm trying to apply for a position on cpp as well, still waiting for my ID number to come thru so i can senf the app in. Can I ask what the waiting time is like from sending in an app to 1st interview and also for those that have gone thru many stages to tell me their background and exp so i can compare? cheers

lamt88
7th Jun 2006, 18:01
LeoT,

I received their first E-mail on the 4th of April, 2006 which they said they have received my application on the 13th of March, 2006. I am having an interview with them on July 11th. (Stage1) It is late because I am currently not residing in Hong Kong.
Best of luck!