PDA

View Full Version : Commuting with Bmed

Danzet
24th Apr 2006, 15:47
hello guys

I am just starting my TC with Bmed and i would like to commute from Spain in the future. So, i would like to know more about people who are working for Bmed and commuting from Spain or France. How can this be done? Can you do the stand bys in the crew room or do you book in a B&B? Also, how do you book your tickets to go home after a trip?

Thanks very much for all the info you can provide me

Danzet

Orvil
25th Apr 2006, 16:26
Danzet,
Firstly, a big Welcome to Bmed!!
I think you will find it pretty difficult to move to Spain. May be in the past but not with the regime in place at the moment.You have to be within an hour and thirty minutes from LHR and if your late you will lose your job. In the past crew have tried but have ended up moving back to England due to the stress/cost. One girl was asked to leave in the past due to being constantly late. It's also not very nice for crew to be carrying you on flights because of fatigue. People who commute usually do an extra 4-5 hours per day.
A standby ticket 60 quid plus 35 quid a night at a B+B. If you do that say 3 times a month, 400 quid on work related costs. We don't get paid that well! (average 1300-1500, plus on leave you get 1100)
I think you will find it a logistical nightmare especially in the summer. It is pretty difficult to get on flights at the best of times from Spain, hence, the really long days.
Answer to your Q's, No standby in Office - too busy should be resting before flight, B+B far better but consider the cost. Staff travel 2nd floor all the agents are V. Good.

Finally, I don't want to come across as rude but if you really, really want to live in Spain. Why apply for a UK carrier? There's plenty of airlines there.

Happy Landings

nwuklad76
25th Apr 2006, 20:04
Hey there! and welcome!

I would agree with the above. I commute to the north and that can have its moments, even with on avg one flt an hour between bmi and ba! It costs a lot and you have to budget to make sure you can cover ur costs. It's tiring, but not unachievable. Eg I got wake up today at 0215 english (down route) and walked in my house at 1930 tonight! Up to you but I'd really consider it carefully travelling so far.

Hope that the course goes well for you.

exmax
26th Apr 2006, 07:50
Check your pm danzet, I sent u a pm a while back

airbus777
26th Apr 2006, 11:06
check your pm danzet

airbus777
26th Apr 2006, 11:34
HI DANZET CLEAR YOUR PM BOX!!