PDA

View Full Version : DC3 Low Level

Rocket2
24th Apr 2006, 09:33
Gents
Just wanted to thank the crew of the DC3 that passed by the bird sanctury at Slimbridge yesterday at low level (at a decent distance I hasten to add - no complaints). Lovely to see the old bird & hear the mighty P & W's roaring above the noise of countless squarking geese & ducks. What was she doing? Looked like heading for Bristol down the Severn Estury then back about 15 mins later on the opposite side. Lovely sight, shame about the viz! :ok:

matspart3
24th Apr 2006, 11:51
On a pleasure flight from Staverton...heard it, didn't see it!

barit1
24th Apr 2006, 15:21
Many years ago I was treated to the sight and sound of two DC-3's in formation at 1000' or so, spraying the county for mosquitos (equine encephalitis carriers). Lovely! :)

(edit 29 Apr.) Small world dept.: Yesterday I was at Wright-Patterson AFB, glanced up from the car window, and saw a C-47 in WWII OD colors dropping parachutists along the ramp in a reenactment of an assault. A second C-47 (white) was right behind dropping a second wave. It really made the day for the retirement ceremony I was attending!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
30th Apr 2006, 13:25
Many years ago I was treated to the sight and sound of two DC-3's in formation at 1000' or so, spraying the county for mosquitos (equine encephalitis carriers). Lovely!I remember that too. What I heard was that the owner finally converted his fleet as he found it more economical to use a DC6.

green granite
30th Apr 2006, 14:21
Used to see DC3 regularly at bedford untill they closed used to come up
from Farnbrough.
Heard on thier LARS freq one day
Bedford: g-abcd traffic 11.00 oclock 6 miles dc3
g-abnd: A what ?
Bedford: DC3, its big, red and its ours