PDA

View Full Version : what PILOTS really think of crew

bigflaps
24th Apr 2006, 08:45
http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=222040&page=8

have a look at some of the comments that pilots are making about us crew!!! bimbo,s is one of many!!
is it any wonder we get the impression they are all abit up themselves??

flyblue
24th Apr 2006, 09:02
Yes, it is quite appalling, but please remember that the people writing such nonsense are a small bunch of usual CC bashers, non representative of the whole F/D category (some are not even F/D), so please don't rise to the bait. If you wish to contribute to the thread, and I know many of you could add valuable contribution, do so in a mature manner and not for the sake of scoring a cheap point.
The media already got hold of the news, which is not a good thing. Let's show who is the mature party in all that.

Thank you

OzzieO
24th Apr 2006, 09:19
My Bp is about to go of the scale. I know your right flyblue very good sensible advice but it is so so very tempting to hit back.

flyblue
24th Apr 2006, 09:39
Ozzie,
I know it really angers or saddens to be as a good professional as you can be, do a sterling job, get along with the people you work with well, and then see our profession thus portrayed and slandered in a public board...
But we are better than that..let's prove it!

captainyonder
24th Apr 2006, 10:20
Couldn't agree less with a lot of the comments made by a small minority of narrow minded egotistical idiots. In my view the cabin crew do an extremely valuable job that is just as important as ours with just as much if not more responsibility.

SLT
24th Apr 2006, 10:40
Guys/girls

As has been said, please don't pay any attention to the small few..... Some of what was said on that thread was intended as a joke - albeit in poor taste - but you mustn't believe for a second that they really represent the opinions that 99% of us in the flight deck have about 99% of crew. There always will be those few (crew as well as pilots) who give the whole thing a bad taste, but the rest of us have respect for you not only as the responsible professionals that you are, but also for the people you are underneath that. Let's face it - if everyone was that horrible, no one would come to work because it would be intolerable!! We do our respective jobs to the best of our abilities and we have a laugh doing it (hopefully!).
Believe me - when there is one of those nasty personalities among the flight deck crew, they are despised almost as much as by us as by you - we all know who they are! Don't let them wind you up guys - don't lower yourselves!!!

Fly safe! :)

NigelsFriend
24th Apr 2006, 13:54
Well said SLT :ok:

benhurr
25th Apr 2006, 15:42
As a pilot, I can assure you that some of the views expressed are by no means representative of pilot's views. I fly a bizjet and without our cabin attendant the operation would quickly go tits up. Some of the views on flight crew also make pretty interesting reading... Whatever happened to mutual respect?

devon_guy
25th Apr 2006, 18:28
Well have just watched "trolley dollies" on sky and the crew faced a medical emergency it was Excel airlines and the crew were absolutely fantastic. I'm scared of flying and always dread being ill in the air but the kindness and professionalism the crew showed was second to none so thanks for all your hard work and kindness guys :)

click
25th Apr 2006, 18:35
Well, I love Cabin crew so much.....I married one. Now we have two little SLF's.:}