PDA

View Full Version : Cargo Airline of the Year 2006 - London

ScootCargoOps
24th Apr 2006, 08:34
Sorry does anyone know the results. Many thanks

BRISTOLRE
24th Apr 2006, 08:43
I didnt go this year. Company saving money and decided to use money on other marketing projects. Virgin/BA/Emirates likley/usual winners.
Who won the motorbike prize?

ALLDAYDELI
24th Apr 2006, 15:24
From the old boys network ::
CARGO AIRLINE OF THE YEAR - Award winners

CARGO AIRLINE OF THE YEAR 2006, sponsored by DHL Global Forwarding, was won by Virgin Atlantic Cargo.
LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT, sponsored by Frankfurt Hahn Airport was Issa Baluch.
BEST CARGO AIRPORT, sponsored by British Airways World Cargo was in three categories.
Up to 100,000 metric tonnes - Berlin Schoenefeld Airport
100 - 500,000 metric tonnes - Athens International Airport
+500,000 metric tonnes - Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport
BEST AIRLINE TO AFRICA, sponsored by Network Cargo Systems was won by DAS Air.
BEST AIRLINE TO THE MIDDLE EAST, sponsored by Nottingham East Midlands Airport was won by Emirates SkyCargo.
BEST AIRLINE TO THE FAR EAST, sponsored by Volga Dnepr was won by Emirates SkyCargo.
BEST AIRLINE TO NORTH AMERICA, sponsored by Washington Dulles Airport was won by Virgin Atlantic Cargo.
BEST AIRLINE TO CENTRAL/SOUTH AMERICA, sponsored by Air Cargo News, was won by British Airways World Cargo.
BEST AIRLINE TO INDIAN SUB-CONTINENT, sponsored by Kale Consultants, was won by Etihad Crystal Cargo.
BEST AIRLINE TO EUROPE/SCANDINAVIA, sponsored by EGL Eagle Global Logistics, was won by British Airways World Cargo.
BEST AIRLINE TO AUSTRALASIA, sponsored by Activair, was won by Emirates SkyCargo.
BEST ALL CARGO OPERATOR, sponsored by Domodedovo International Airport, was won by DAS Air.

ScootCargoOps
24th Apr 2006, 16:04
Many thanks.... same old thing!

20driver
25th Apr 2006, 03:08
Just curious, who pays for these things and who cares?
20driver

CargoMatatu
25th Apr 2006, 07:22
No, I think you've got it wrong.

Isn't it last year's result you've quoted....... no, sorry, it's the year before's.... Nope, I'm wrong, it's the year's before that...... :confused: :confused: :confused:

Same old, same old:*

ALLDAYDELI
25th Apr 2006, 08:40
its ticket sales that cover a big proportion of the costs. mainly sponsors that put lots of money upfront for it e.g. ACP, Virgin, Dulles Airport etc for the awards and artists.

Coleman Myers
1st May 2006, 07:40
How do the African categories get worked out ?.

FL460
3rd May 2006, 12:47
Interesting that in the award sponsored by Volga, Emirates won....who have just signed a agreement with......Volga.
I smell a rat !! or is that a camel :yuk:

ALLDAYDELI
3rd May 2006, 15:38
FL460 - tell me more about this with EK/VDA

Buster Hyman
4th May 2006, 02:21
How do the African categories get worked out ?.

Well, it all starts with a call to the Dictator of your choice....

All names were taken
12th May 2006, 06:19
So Etihad Crystal Cargo with 3 aircraft won INDIAN SUB-CONTINENT?
:}

Any one know the other nominees?

ALLDAYDELI
12th May 2006, 08:24
Etihad Cargo also SELL per kg on bellies pax aircraft not just pure freighters.

captjns
12th May 2006, 08:55
Just curious, who pays for these things and who cares?
20driver

Its a good chance for people to pat each other on the back for a job better done than the competitor.

Can't be for the food... that's for sure.

Can't be for the publicity... no journalists are present. If so... they would probably comment on how tought the chicken was anyway

Daede1
12th May 2006, 15:31
Its a good chance for people to pat each other on the back for a job better done than the competitor.

Can't be for the food... that's for sure.

Can't be for the publicity... no journalists are present. If so... they would probably comment on how tought the chicken was anyway

Errrr no journalists are present, erm, apart from Air Cargo News. That being the company behind the awards. And also a newspaper. Which employs journalists.......

captjns
13th May 2006, 01:00
Errrr no journalists are present, erm, apart from Air Cargo News. That being the company behind the awards. And also a newspaper. Which employs journalists.......

I'm sure the Air Cargo news is on everyones coffee table.

CargoMatatu
14th May 2006, 14:11
I'm sure the Air Cargo news is on everyones coffee table.
On the commercial side of the air cargo industry, IT IS!

captjns
14th May 2006, 14:14
On the commercial side of the air cargo industry, IT IS!

I think I will wait until the movie comes out... but don't tell us the plot or how it ends.

Just kidding... I am sure it is a good read.