PDA

View Full Version : Canberra Aircraft hire

Pass-A-Frozo
24th Apr 2006, 05:09
Is it just me or is there a general lack of places that hire aircraft out in Canberra.

Anyone know where I could find a high performance single or low end twin in Canberra? Brindabella seem rather "expensive".

drshmoo
24th Apr 2006, 05:58
Brindabella are a little dear....

but Anyone who operates at Canberra have been subject to the outright theft by the owner the airport.

eg. - there were two fuel services to choose from in Canberra. Shell and Caltex. Caltex is owned by the YSCB owner and guess what, the lease for shell was not up for renewal as of a few months ago. Now Caltex (the owner) has a monopoly on the fuel and has a 5c a litre airport charge on all fuel. That is 10 times as expensive as Brisbane airport (2nd most expensive reference the fuel surcharge) at 0.5c a litre.
Fuel surcharges and coupled with high land (office, hanger etc) rental costs do up the price of operators etc. Maybe also lack of competition too.
Anyone operating into or out of CB I highly recomend getting as much fuel elsewhere as possible:yuk:

Dont know if Corporate let you private hire or not.

There is a nice green and white PA23 aztec complete with 4 leaf clover on the tail that doesnt do much movement. It could be worth speaking to them as for a private rate etc.

Good luck looking in Canberra, I think they may have priced themselves out of most peoples pockets.

Pass-A-Frozo
24th Apr 2006, 06:08
Anyone know who owns the Azte? Or were you saying Corporate own it. Would love to start flying an Aztec around. Don't suppose they hire out that Cessna 404??

I almost choked when I saw the Brinda price list.

Pass-A-Frozo
21st May 2006, 17:05
O.k. Nil response on Canberra.. :confused:

Anyone know an airfield near Canberra where I could get a good single or multi? Fast = Good.

Pass-A-Frozo
18th Jun 2006, 01:59
:{ Anyone??

Bendo
18th Jun 2006, 02:33
I think the flying school in Goulburn would probably hire you a Thruster... :bored:

Aussie
18th Jun 2006, 03:39
Come to Bankstown Frozo, ill sort ya out...

hehe :ok:

Aussie

Its the Pleats
18th Jun 2006, 20:51
Frozo, the Aztec is owned by a doctor who doesn't seem to do much in it. I would guess he'd let you hire it. Contact Brindabella and they'll give you his details.

Cheers, Pleats...

Pass-A-Frozo
19th Jun 2006, 08:52
Thanks Plets. I'll give them a call . I like the data I've read on the Aztec.
Although I've a feeling that the price may be overly priced if it is through Brindabella. But, you gotta pay what you gotta pay.

hoopdreams
19th Jun 2006, 09:04
HI,

This concerns me, as I want to commence flight training in Canberra and Brindabella is my only option:confused: . Would it be worth while tracking out of Canberra for training? Has anyone heard what Goulbourn is like? What sort of price difference would I be seeing training at an average (decent) school elsewhere as oppose to Brindabella?

Pass-A-Frozo
19th Jun 2006, 10:06
Please post back hear what you find out! I'm looking for a multi. But will take a reasonable single.
(Going to check out the Aztec first !)Is there a directory of Canberra aircraft for hire? I've had significant problems finding anyone. (I guess there aren't that many here? Would like advice on places from Goulburn to Cooma (or equal distance)

Sorry Ausssie. Don't feel like driving to Bankstown to fly to Richmond :)

Good luck with the job Aussie.

Richard Spandit
19th Jun 2006, 10:08
Opened this thread thinking someone was hiring out a Canberra!!
http://www.limalima.com/art/RAF%20Canberra.jpg