PDA

View Full Version : Will fly any overloaded heap of sh*t

Desperate Wannabe
23rd Apr 2006, 16:40
Have to get out of the flight ops office.
Will fly any overloaded heap of sh*t held together with duct tape, just to break in, please help.
Thats how desperate I am, gonna go mad in this office.:{

Cessnafan
23rd Apr 2006, 17:02
And in doing so you will bring the market down for many others who refuse to overload and fly these wrecks for dodgy operators!

trilander
23rd Apr 2006, 17:20
or end up in a smoking hole ar the end of the runway.

Airforce1
23rd Apr 2006, 18:05
Unemployed pilot: "I will fly any heap of metal"
Piston pilot: "I will fly any heap of Turbine metal"
Turbine pilot: "I will fly any heap of Jet metal"
Jet co-pilot: "I will fly any heap of Jet metal to get command"
Jet captain: "I will fly any heap piston to get away from airline management"

The cruel circle of aviation......

Solid Rust Twotter
23rd Apr 2006, 18:20
Not worth it.

Study law/medicine/business, get rich, buy a Bonnie and fly when you want, where you want.

Cynical? Me?

Q4NVS
23rd Apr 2006, 18:38
What experience do you have then?

B Sousa
24th Apr 2006, 01:51
Your just the guy Helibase is looking for, head to Capetown and tell them your a Helicopter Pilot. Your can fly the Huey or the Frelon..........Tell them you will ask no more in wages than LH......
He is the Director of Ticket Sales, a most prestigious position within the Company.
Actually if you have experience at any Builders Supply you may want to entertain the Director of Maintenance position there...

In all seriousness, keep your nose to the grindstone, do the best you can on your Pilot studies and dont compromise safety for a position...Maintain standards and jobs will come in due time.
Its a dim world out there now for Pilots as you read from those many in SA with experience who are just waiting for a chance.......If you want to fly, you can, its the sacrifices along the way that will make it tough and hopefully rewarding.

Desperate Wannabe
24th Apr 2006, 04:31
Hey Guys, I hear what you say,and am a staunch supporter of safety, I would not realy fly under those conditions.
Just going through that frustration period, that all of you have been through and know so well:{

SRT, i could not agree with you more, thats my advise to all who ask me.
But we just have the passion.....strong drug, this aviation.

ERJ135, not much i'm afraid, 350TT
Fly safe.