PDA

View Full Version : Bin Laden speaks

colmac747
23rd Apr 2006, 17:02
April 23 - Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden urged his followers to prepare for a long war against Western would-be occupiers in Sudan's Darfur region, according to an audiotape attributed to him and aired on Sunday.
The speaker, who sounded like bin Laden, also said on the tape broadcast on Al Jazeera television that the West's shunning of the Hamas Palestinian government showed it was waging a "Crusader-Zionist war" on Muslims.
Following are translated excerpts from the audio tape broadcast by Al Jazeera television:
"Their (the West's) rejection of Hamas affirms that it is a Crusader-Zionist war against Muslims. Having said that, we reaffirm what Sheikh Ayman al-Zawahri said warning that there is a taboo against joining infidel assemblies (parliaments)."
"The war is a responsibility shared between the people and the governments. The war goes on and the people are renewing their allegiance to its rulers and masters. They send their sons to armies to fight us and they continue their financial and moral support while our countries are burned and our houses are bombed and our people are killed and no one cares for us. What your ally, Israel, did by invading and demolishing the Jericho prison with complicity from the United States and Britain is example enough about the flagrant violations against our nation and brothers."
After "the Ottoman state was divided into tens of countries ... Britain came to separate Sudan from Egypt and returned again to Sudan trying to separate its south so it formed an army from the people of the south and supported it with money, weapons and expertise and directed them to demand secession from Sudan, then the United States adopted this army with moral and material support through its international tools such as the United Nations and applied pressure on the government of Sudan to sign an unjust agreement that allows the south to break away after six years from signing the deal."
"Let (Sudanese President Omar Hassan) al-Bashir and (U.S. President George W. Bush) Bush know that this agreement is not worth the ink in which it was written with and does not oblige us in the least. The United States did not get enough with all of this strife and crimes but went on to stir further strife, the biggest of which was its strife in Sudan; using some differences between some tribesmen, and turned them into a blind war between them that destroys all in preparation to send crusader troops to occupy the region and steal its oil under the guise of preserving security there."
"This is a continuous Crusader-Zionist war against Muslims. In this regard, I call on the mujahideen and their supporters in Sudan ... and the (Arabian) Peninsula to prepare all that is necessary to wage a long-term war against the Crusaders in western Sudan not in defence of the Khartoum government, even though our interests may be mutual, as our differences with it are great."
"It is enough that it abandoned the implementation of sharia law and neglected the south and I call on the mujahideen to learn about the land and tribes of the Darfur province and the parts around it. It has been said that a man with knowledge can conquer land while land can conquer the ignorant."
"It is worth noting that the land there is nearing a season of rain which hampers movement and blocks dirt roads; this is one of the key reasons that delayed the (Western) occupation for six more months."
"It is scornful to people that your warplanes and tanks are destroying houses over the heads of our folk and children in Palestine, Iraq, Afghanistan, Chechnya, and Pakistan then you smile at us (Muslims) and say that we are not enemies of Islam but enemies of terrorists and call for peaceful co-existence and dialogue instead of the conflict of cultures. Reality shows that they lie."
"The politicians of the West do not want dialogue other than for the sake of dialogue to gain time. And they do not want a truce unless it is from our side only. You have learned about our response to their opinion polls in their countries through our offer of a truce after they pull out their armies and stop harming us and they rejected all that."
"They insist on continuing their crusader campaigns against our nation and to loot our wealth and enslave us. Do not be fooled by their words or those of the hypocrites and apostates from our kin."
More here:http://english.aljazeera.net/NR/exeres/FEE6E1E5-DCC0-4E8A-80CF-FFCCA2BC4C2A.htm

G-CPTN
23rd Apr 2006, 17:46
Were it not Lascars who taught you the skills of Marination, FSL?

reynoldsno1
24th Apr 2006, 05:26
I've only seen pictures of Darfur, but really, I can't see a big rush to occupy it anytime soon.......

Stafford
24th Apr 2006, 14:43
Would Darfur notice bin Laden's intervention ? When I was there (MSF), it was a corrupt, racist sh:mad: ole and the only ones suffering were the innocents. As for the Janjaweed ethnic cleansers, you would have to go too far down the sh:mad: ole in the sand which passes for a crapper there to find worse imitations of the human life form.

I didn't like them.

VH-MTT
24th Apr 2006, 15:08
It would be nice if Al Jazera started to say where and from whom they got these tapes. The are always promoting the Jihads against the west, broadcasting all the kidnap ransoms, i for one would like to see them stop broadcasting, or at least try and be a little unbiased in their broadcasts.

tony draper
24th Apr 2006, 15:34
I don't see why our media feel it necessary to re broadcast the bloody things, although I supppose even his followers in the UK have to be catered for,they prolly all have telly licences.
:cool:

markflyer6580
24th Apr 2006, 16:40
they prolly all have telly licences

I bet they get them free aswell....:mad:

ServisairLBA
24th Apr 2006, 16:54
I bet they get them free aswell....:mad:

what dont they get given to them?

colmac747
24th Apr 2006, 19:15
Hmm! You wonder. The usual Al-Qaeda tactic of Bin Laden (or his no.2) speak out, and a day or two later some terror takes place. Cue Egypt this evening.

It's like a written code to his followers that something soon is in the offing.

Ofcourse, nobody knows yet, but i'll bet the bearded **** was involved somewhere along the line.

:mad:

nutcracker43
24th Apr 2006, 20:04
One hopes that as soon as the bearded one is tracked down the trackers do the decent thing and deal with him summarily. No trial needed...just confirmation of the DNA sample...the sooner the better.
NC43

ExSimGuy
24th Apr 2006, 20:13
Bin Laden speaks
Bin Liner SUCKS

Perversion of Islam, Demented Loon, Dangerous to both Western and Mid-Eastern worlds:mad:

ExSimGuy
24th Apr 2006, 20:29
VERY nasty
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4940506.stm
Couple of dozen people killed in 3 explosions. (Probably many more injured)

About time that the Yanks sub-contracted the job to the SAS, or the Gurkas

As said before, "immediate without prejudice" - and, in the Arab way,the head returned home on a spike ("pour encourager les autres")

Not fit to live in the same world as civilised human beings, Christian, Aetheist, or Muslim.

con-pilot
24th Apr 2006, 20:30
First reports of 18 killed and over 150 wounded. Apparently there were three separate explosions.

What can one say except to agree with Tony.

colmac747
24th Apr 2006, 20:48
About time that the Yanks sub-contracted the job to the SAS, or the Gurkas

Totally agree with that. Someone must have a very good idea (at least) to his whereabouts. Within his camp you'd think some loose-cannon might bleat about where he was "yesterday" etc..

Ontariotech
24th Apr 2006, 21:59
Dear Mr. Bin Laden,

Time is on our side. You live in your cave and hand out your token messages that serve only to advise the west that you are, in fact, still living in a cave. The message is really meaningless, and pointless, and contains no information of real worth. Hunting for you gives our young Special Forces boys something to do, and increases the technology used for detecting someone in a position such as yours. Like I said, time is on our side, and the money that I as a taxpayer give to my government is not going away. Neither will the government itself. Our leaders may change; our government's policy's may change. But the hunt for your skinny ass is not about to end any-time soon. In fact, Once the US gets it's act together, gets out of Iraq, and focuses strictly on your rear-end, your days are numbered.

It is also very evident that you do not have any grasp of western culture. You see, here in the west, we have these things called sewers, and they are full of rats. You remember New York right? Well, they have one of the worst sewer rat problems in the western world. So it comes as no surprise to any of us, that you enjoy living like a rat, in a sewer. All holed up in your little cave, eating scraps of meat, and rice that are no doubt obtained through sympathizers of your mis-information campaign. We also have a saying here in the west that fits your situation like a hush puppy. If the shoe fits, wear it. Seeing as you are a rat, and act like a rat, and talk like a rat, it makes sense that you should live like a rat.

Finally, my wife is a Muslim. The most beautiful, sexy and romantic girl I have ever met. She has a devout Muslim family, originally from Saudi Arabia, but they now reside in Canada. And her family, brothers, Uncles and father, all believe that you are full of rat shite.

So in conclusion, I would suggest, that you enjoy your time in Shangri la, as that seems to appeal to you. Get your self a calander, and start marking the days, as your number is nearly up.

Thanking-you in advance for the entertainment.

Howard Hughes
24th Apr 2006, 22:52
If Bin Laden is killed or captured, the face of the 'enemy' will be gone.
That will end the 'War on Terror'!
I don't think it's about to happen any time soon.;)

PS: I find it very hard to believe that with all the technology available, they can't find him....:hmm:

BenThere
24th Apr 2006, 23:02
I disagree. The war has evolved into the war against Islamist Jihadism. Bin Laden is only one of the players. I suspect if coalition forces had free access to Pakistan to pursue him, he'd soon be captured. There's no good reason to not capture Bin Laden if that's what you're implying.

Howard Hughes
24th Apr 2006, 23:05
That is exactly what I am implying.
PS: there have been other assasinations/attempts where no access has been granted, why stop now?

BenThere
24th Apr 2006, 23:45
The whole answer has some complexity I'm not sure you'd be able to follow, so suffice it to say that Musharref is unable to grant coalition forces overt approval to operate in Pakistan due to his domestic political environment.

Requesting permission to act on specific intelligence of Bin Laden's location would further have to filter through Pakistan's suspect intelligence service, which may tip him off. Any decision to execute a UAV attack in Pakistan would have to meet an extremely high probability of success assessment against an extremely high value target, probably only Dr. Zawahiri, Zarkawi, or Bin Laden as targets would meet that criterion.

But you're wrong if you think the Americans could capture him any time it wanted but they hold off so as not to lose support for operations. That is rank conspiracy theory.

Howard Hughes
25th Apr 2006, 00:10
The whole answer has some complexity I'm not sure you'd be able to follow
Firstly, thanks for the vote of confidence.:* Perhaps you should try explaining in a less condescending tone. http://www.augk18.dsl.pipex.com/Smileys/boxer.gif

Secondly, the 'Americans' are not the only ones who are involved with the war on terror. This is a global threat, the US forces are only a part, albeit a very large part of the total effort. Whilst I am far removed from any personal involvement, I support all the troops involved 100% and am thankful for what they have done for me and my family.

I do not however have to subscribe to the B/S that spouts form various leaders and governments around the world. What I have stated above is not a 'rank conspiracy theory' but merely my opinion on the matter. It is based on my knowledge of technical devices that are available to track an individual such as Bin Laden. The technology exists, you need to ask yourself "why is it not used"?

Lastly, it is actually healthy to question elected officials, even if you voted for them and side with their politics, that is what democracy is all about, that is what we are defending, not capatalism or christianity, sadly this seems to be lost on most Americans.....:ugh:

PS: I agree with what is said above, let the Ghurkas have a go, they won't rest until Bin Laden is stopped. They would also act free form the restraint of US Government policy.:ok:

(Boxing Gloves off)

BenThere
25th Apr 2006, 00:33
Sorry to have taken a gentle poke, HH. Nice response. But I don't think the 'witheld capture' theory stands up to logic, and I thought, "If he falls for that, can he understand the diplomatic ballet required to keep Pakistan as much on board as possible?"

I'd be interested in learning more about technology to find someone who doesn't communicate electronically and hides carefully in an area restricted from search, other than the search and surveillance methods at our disposal from afar. Not another conspiracy theory, I trust.

No one has disputed your right to disagree or dissent. And not to quibble, but most Americans believe they are defending freedom, as opposed to capitalism, Christianity, or even democracy. It is a coalition effort, as you said, I was speaking from an American perspective.

Cheers,

Howard Hughes
25th Apr 2006, 00:46
find someone who doesn't communicate electronically
It has been reported that Bin Laden does use electronic communications, including mobiles. Failing that there is UAV's, FLIR, night vision, sattelites and there many classified variations.

Freedom, freedom is good, it's also good to see we agree on most ideals.:ok:

Capt. Queeg
25th Apr 2006, 10:33
OntarioTech's letter to bin Ladin is well said, but I doubt he reads pprune.

This guy will never be taken alive. He'll die in a hail of gunfire, smart-bombs and nasty language or he'll die of kidney failure.

Either way he'll be replaced by someone with more current strategic smarts and less of a global profile.

Capturing (or not capturing) bin Ladin is about political maneouvring and little else. If they do get him, the public might just call for an end to intervention in Afghanistan or elsewhere and then where would they be...

brain fade
25th Apr 2006, 10:40
As long as OBL lives, the 'war on terror' continues. The US continues doing exactly as it wants to whoever it pleases.

Kill him? Gotta find a NEW bogeyman.

Curious Pax
25th Apr 2006, 10:49
Ahh - the kidney thing. If I remember correctly it is rapidly approaching 5 years since OBL really became public enemy No1. At the time a lot was made of his kidney problems, and it seemed to be the consensus that even if he wasn't captured the conditions in which he was forced to live to evade capture would also mean that managing his kidney problem would be impossible, and as s result he would die of that before too long. However the tapes keep coming.....

I know little of the medical aspects of all this, but are dialysis machines that portable, and able to run for years with little intervention? Whilst not going as far as suggesting a conspiracy theory, something doesn't smell quite right.

Against that I have always assumed that the technology available today would be able to pretty conclusively verify that a voice was the same across different tapes. Given that there are samples on video from pre 2001 (even TV interviews I think) then if that is so then the veracity of the latest tape should be easy to confirm or otherwise - and the West seems to accept it as genuine.

An interesting dichotomy.....

colmac747
25th Apr 2006, 18:24
Furthermore. Apparently a rare videotape of Al-Zarqawi is being aired as i type this (Internet video). No doubt Sky et al will show it later.

Another **** who needs taken out pronto, not feckin years later