PDA

View Full Version : gmail

flybhx
23rd Apr 2006, 10:29
My current email server can be flaky to say the least. I was thiking of trying to get hold of an invite for a gmail account.

Any comments on the service from someone who uses it as changing email addresses is a pain at any time.

amanoffewwords
23rd Apr 2006, 10:44
gmail is brilliant! In terms of reliability it's up 99.9% and there's no delay in receiving emails (unlike with yahoo).

pm your email if you want an invite.

Cheers
amofw

asuweb
23rd Apr 2006, 11:40
I can confirm - Gmail is the best by far. Have used it for a couple of years now and have never looked back.

Hobgoblin
24th Apr 2006, 21:58
PM me and I'll send you an invite. Goes for anyone else who wants one too. I have 98 invites left so first come first served.

No Mode Charlie
25th Apr 2006, 19:02
Same goes here, I'm a verry content user of gmail and happy to get invites if you either PM or Email me!

EGKK931
25th Apr 2006, 20:12
How do you get your invitation count to go up I have only got 15 invites at the moment?!

Wedge
25th Apr 2006, 20:52
Another happy gmail user here.

Loads of storage, good reliability and user friendly interface.

Occasionally goes down but usually back up very quickly.

Highly recommended....again anyone who wants an invite PM me.

rosario
26th Apr 2006, 09:58
Brilliant
I have got 80 invites left:ok:

Kestrel_909
26th Apr 2006, 20:09
100 invites here for anyone else too, very happy with it. Fast and reliable, was also lucky to 'get in early' and get a sensible address.

RaraAvis
26th Apr 2006, 22:58
Have had it since it first came out, never any problems. Massive storage capacity, reliable service, Google-type search of mails, definitely recommended.

amanoffewwords
27th Apr 2006, 06:34
How do you get your invitation count to go up I have only got 15 invites at the moment?!

It happens automatically - not sure how frequently though.

patdavies
27th Apr 2006, 08:05
Before using gmail, try looking at this website. Although obviously biased, there are some truths hidden in there.
http://www.gmail-is-too-creepy.com

ExSimGuy
27th Apr 2006, 17:30
It happens automatically - not sure how frequently though.I have a suspicion that, when you invite a few people, your "number if invites available" goes UP!

BTW - I use it, love it, and unlike "hotmail", it downloads quickly and easily in Outlook Express (Hotmail seem to have an inordinate amount of "network traffic" before your mail finally appears!!!)

Richard Spandit
29th Apr 2006, 12:47
If you set your Gmail locale to US, you get extra features that, the last time I checked, weren't available in the UK locale... things like converting Word DOC and PDF files to HTML for viewing in your web browser...