PDA

View Full Version : technical looking screen saver required!

md902man
23rd Apr 2006, 11:26
I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a screen saver or desktop pic that I could just call up quickly if anyone approaches my desk. Just to make it look as though i'm doing something useful instead of reading pprune!

BDiONU
23rd Apr 2006, 11:54
I am hoping someone can point me in the direction of a screen saver or desktop pic that I could just call up quickly if anyone approaches my desk. Just to make it look as though i'm doing something useful instead of reading pprune!
You may be surprised to learn that you're not alone in wanting this facility ;) Try this anti boss screen saver here (http://www.softsland.com/Anti_Boss_Key_Hide_windows_quickly.html).

BD

cyclicmicky
23rd Apr 2006, 11:59
Here (http://www.screensavershot.com/) ya go mate!!..they are all free and there are a whole shed load of them:ok:

AerBabe
23rd Apr 2006, 12:40
Tell them it's research - you found a reference to your company on PPRuNe and were checking it out.

error_401
23rd Apr 2006, 12:54
Variant I
Open the browser and a program which stands for serious work e.g. - a text editor?!

Open PPRUNE

When boss drops in choose ALT + TAB and switch to the work.

Variant II

When boss comes in push ALT + F4 to end the browser session.
When boss away reopen browser...

If still not happy pay me and I design you a screen saver :}

Onan the Clumsy
23rd Apr 2006, 13:50
I used to use OS2 and it had a feature where you could capture a screen and use that for a screen saver. We had this one guy that would edit a program on the mainframe, capture it, make it his screen saver and then **** off fo a couple of hours.

For some reason OS2 was never a great success. It also had a great feature where you could design and build an icon. That was cool.

Failing that just use WindowKey + M :8

Blacksheep
25th Apr 2006, 06:40
We have one chap who has a screen saver that consists of a completely blue screen with some text in the top left corner that says "Fatal Error. Contact your Administrator or hit any key to reformat drive C:"

You can sit and do nothing for hours with a screensaver like that. There's not many people brave enough to hit a key to see what happens...

patdavies
25th Apr 2006, 10:28
For some reason OS2 was never a great success. It also had a great feature where you could design and build an icon. That was cool.

I too was an OS/2 fan. Somewhere, I've still got a copy of Ver 4 'WARP'. I even used to use the voice recognition software (and this was before Win95 even). Never crashed and never had a virus Widows needed a re-boot at least once/day.

I believe that it failed because IBM was geared to dealing with corporate customers and did not have the skills or infrastructure to deal with individual consumers. Without the 'home' market, OS/2 lost out to Windows. OS/2 is still used within IBM for service processors etc.