PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Prices

Chimbu chuckles
22nd Apr 2006, 18:20
I have just been looking at a comprehensive fuel prices list in the members section of the American Bonanza Society website. State by state and airport by airport...cheapest in Texas of course!

Avgas seemed to range from USD0.84/liter to USD 1.10/liter, with most places in the 0.90 range, and Jet A1 between USD0.60 and 0.90/liter.

Are aviation fuels made in Oz or are they all imported from O/S?

If so why the difference...can it all be down to economies of scale or are we being gouged?

What's the range of prices around Oz at the moment?

If you want a contributing reason for GA's relative health in the US that's it...oh and 357000 licenced PRIVATE PILOTS...no figures on numbers of current medicals.

Aussie
23rd Apr 2006, 00:19
Latest at YSBK is $1.37/LTR

Mind you, that was a couple of weeks ago now.

Aussie

bullamakanka
23rd Apr 2006, 00:51
Frank at Yuendumu does a top drop for $2.70 a litre. Its not to bad if you get the whole drum, its only $2.50 a litre.

Ouch!

Woomera
23rd Apr 2006, 04:15
Most avgas in Australia used to be imported from Singapore. Not sure whether that is till the case.

gas-chamber
23rd Apr 2006, 07:38
Chimbu I dunno what Avgas now costs, but diesel dispensed at the local marina for my boat just cost me $1.37 a litre. Reckon the guvmint sees boat and airplane owners as most deserving of being taxed, then those that dispense the stuff also see us as rich enough to pay over the top and they also know we are stuck with them, just because we can't sail or fly to the next servo up the road. Suppose if we can't stand the heat we will eventually just have to get out of the kitchen. Bugger...

Atlas Shrugged
23rd Apr 2006, 23:26
About 2 or so months ago $1.20 or so a litre at BK, then on the same day $3.10/lt at Tibooburra. Go figure...

chimbu warrior
25th Apr 2006, 10:19
In the past few days have been filling up at NSW/Qld country airports (reasonably large towns) and seen $1.45 to $1.50 on the bowsers. Home in Qld unleaded petrol has been around $1.30/litre.

Led Zep
25th Apr 2006, 11:09
I remember just over 12 months ago, avgas cost $1.14 at YPKG, while unleaded in town was over $1.17. Figure that out. :}

gassed budgie
1st May 2006, 07:57
The price of fuel here as of today has jumped to $1.57 per lt. That's up 11.5 cents per litre from last month (yesterday). The excise on avgas currently stands at 2.85%, far below that of the petrol we purchase at the local servo.
That being the case you would expect avgas to sell for around the same price as petrol, or maybe even slightly cheaper.
When speaking to one of Shell's sales reps recently I queried this and I was more than a little suprised at his response.
He stated that in his opinion, the industry was being "ripped off" (his words not mine) and that the fuel companies would and are charging the maximum that they thought the industry could and would bare, or words to that effect.
Exxon recently annoucned a profit of $36 billion and I was bemused at the CEO trying to justify and explain away such a massive profit.
Now wonder he had trouble keeping a straight face.

Pass-A-Frozo
1st May 2006, 08:07
charging the maximum that they thought the industry could and would bare, or words to that effect.

Isn't that the basic idea behind running a business?? :p

Ultralights
1st May 2006, 08:10
i would like to see a graph comparing fuel cost at the pump Vs Oil per barrel,

when i sold the courier business, Fuel was just reaching $0.90/Lts and oil peaked at $60 a barrel, today fuel here is $1.45/ltr and Oil is $72