PDA

View Full Version : UK-Canada open skies deal

MarkD
22nd Apr 2006, 18:09
From canada.com (http://www.canada.com/components/print.aspx?id=026deee1-f380-441e-b4f1-a1270f1d260a&k=95184) - [excerpt]Air Canada welcomes open-skies agreement
Allan Swift
Canadian Press
Saturday, April 22, 2006
MONTREAL -- The governments of Canada and the United Kingdom signed an open skies air transport agreement Friday intended to enhance air travel between the two countries.
Canadian airlines will be able to offer virtually unlimited passenger and cargo flights to and from third countries via the United Kingdom, as U.K. airlines will also be able to do via Canada.
Canadian and British carriers will also face no restrictions on how they set their prices when carrying traffic through their own country's cities to the third country.

Mr A Tis
23rd Apr 2006, 16:30
Maybe a good opportunity for Globespan 76's MAN/GLA - YYZ - YVR, bit of a gap here north of watford,having to rely on seasonal charters to Canada. Maybe also a bit of competition for Zoom from the UK end?

LBIA
23rd Apr 2006, 16:39
So what the chance that an airline would look at starting a replacement service to Leeds/Bradford from Toronto???

We have'nt had one since Globespan Holidays decided to stop the service. All acounts there has been roumors of late going around that the service could be resumed next year.

Fly Globespan B767's or Air Transat with an Airbus A310 would be nice.

Daza
23rd Apr 2006, 18:58
I hope BHX manages to get regular scheduled service to Canada. AC, BA, Wardair and CP Air have all operated on this route in the past (BA routing via JFK).In summer BHX attracts TS 2x weekly with A310s and TCX weekly with a modified 757 and AI will be routing DEL-ATQ-BHX-YYZ 6 times a week with a 777 from 1/5 there is definately a market.
Daza

airhumberside
23rd Apr 2006, 20:03
Can you book BHX-YYZ with Air Iindia?

Mr A Tis
23rd Apr 2006, 20:16
Yes you can book AI EGBB to CYYZ
Canadian Affair also take seats on the flights too

airhumberside
23rd Apr 2006, 20:37
So in resposne to Daza, BHX has a regular scheduled service to Canada. Although Air India wont be the first airline people think of when booking a Canada flight, its certainly regular and scheduled. And also, its probably the best BHX is going to get. I dont see BA or Air Canada flying the route

james170969
23rd Apr 2006, 22:08
Whatever happened to the resurrection of Canada 3000? They were supposed to be flying from various airports in the UK to Hamilton YHM.

Left Coaster
24th Apr 2006, 02:47
You're kidding...right? C3 died over 3 years ago, much to the chagrin of those who thought that the Airline Industry in Canada would let it live forever even with heavy debt and bad investments...never happen....it's AC or WJ or nuthin at all. The others survive at the govts whim.:ugh:

Daza
24th Apr 2006, 07:52
I recon AC could do BHX 5 times per week they operated to GLA until recently, could even route YYZ-GLA-BHX and back.I agree AI is a scheduled carrier but not everyones first choice.
Daza

Flap15Geardown
24th Apr 2006, 22:49
If they do come in I hope they don't repeat the disaster of last time. How do you expect to get bums on seats if you don't advertise the service:mad:

dusk2dawn
25th Apr 2006, 07:09
A link to said agreement, please?

james170969
25th Apr 2006, 07:13
No, Left Coaster I'm not kidding. Go to www.airlinecrew.net and type in flycanada3000 in the search box. The flycanada3000 website no longer exists. Apparently a group of ex Canada3000 employees bought the brand, not the airline, and hoped to raise money themselves and base the airline in Hamilton. Obviously it didn't materialise but I just wondered why.

Left Coaster
25th Apr 2006, 07:27
Simple answer, after all that happened to both the flying public and the travel agents...no investor with any smarts would drop a cent on it....look at Jetsgone as well. There's not much left in Canada that goes any farther than AC and WJ...they're all dreaming. Remember how may times an airline started up and wanted to "return to the halcyon days of Wardair"? Same applies here...won't happen IMO
(btw been on the site and although it might seem interesting, I'll stick with my opinion)

GOLF-INDIA BRAVO
25th Apr 2006, 08:03
What about Zoom, will they succeed or fail like the others
as things seem to be going OK?

G-I-B

Mr A Tis
25th Apr 2006, 08:30
........and what about Harmony & their 4 x B757s. Seem to have found a comfortable scheduled ops niche with Toronto / Vancouver & Honolulu, Palm Springs & Vegas. On the charter front Skyservice seem to have been around for a while. So, there is some life after AC & WJ.

Left Coaster
25th Apr 2006, 13:25
All very small companies who wouldn't make much of an impact on the bottom line of the darlings... 4 tails at HARMONY and I believe ZOOM has about the same number...Skyservice manages but at a cost...lots of their work is outside the country. Don't forget ROOTS AIR...:ooh: Want me to start naming the failures?:p

sevenforeseven
25th Apr 2006, 13:41
With a bit of luck I hope VS start again to YYZ.