PDA

View Full Version : ...next to Godliness

BombayDuck
22nd Apr 2006, 15:36
Wash Your Own Plane! (http://www.sptimes.com/2006/04/20/Business/Clean_for_pride__not_.shtml)

Bankrupt Delta Air Lines has cut thousands of jobs, slashed salaries and considered abandoning its pilots' pension plan to stay in business.

Now, the nation's No. 3 airline is asking some 50,000 employees to volunteer to clean aircraft at night on their own time. Their reward: a free T-shirt, reward points good for merchandise and a chance to show their pride in the airline.

Employees will pull four- and eight-hour shifts to clean interior windows and walls, "scrape stuff from tray tables and floors . . . if there's gum on the floor," said spokesman Anthony Black. Cleaning lavatories is part of the drill, too.

:ouch:

(more at the website linked above)

Jerricho
22nd Apr 2006, 15:37
My truck needs a wash......... $5! Maybe $7 if it's a really good job.

G-CPTN
22nd Apr 2006, 15:38
I thought that was the Hosties' job. Isn't that why they wear maids' uniforms?

G-CPTN
22nd Apr 2006, 15:40
My truck needs a wash......... $5! Maybe $7 if it's a really good job.
Are you talking about a hand job? If you want it DRYING too, that'll be a blow job ($10 extra).

Jerricho
22nd Apr 2006, 15:46
Of course by hand :rolleyes:

Those mechanical things just aren't the same.

;)

tall and tasty
22nd Apr 2006, 15:51
Those mechanical things just aren't the same.agree with that always hand wash and wax afterwards. It is better on the body work does not damage the surface.

Its fun too I love getting out the bucket, sponge and having fun with the hose. I normally end up sprayed and as wet as the machine I am trying to wash

TnT

Jerricho
22nd Apr 2006, 15:53
She said having fun with the hose :}

ShyTorque
22nd Apr 2006, 16:30
Certainly, I would volunteer, as apparently I don't need to sleep after my 14 hour shift. While I'm at it, why not stick the broom handle up my A$$ and I'll sweep the hangar floor. :rolleyes:

Foss
22nd Apr 2006, 17:35
Well at least there's nobody bitter and twisted. Get out the Mr Sheen and get cleaning. Customer service is the apex of any pubic, er, public related industry.
Please don't hunt me down and kill me, I trying to be ironic.
Fos:uhoh:

ExSimGuy
22nd Apr 2006, 20:11
agree with that always hand wash and wax afterwards. It is better on the body work does not damage the surface.

Its fun too I love getting out the bucket, sponge and having fun with the hose. I normally end up sprayed and as wet as the machine I am trying to wash

TnT
Oh, TnT - Can I volunteer to join you with a hose-pipe - and lots of suds :p

frostbite
22nd Apr 2006, 21:15
I normally end up sprayed and as wet as the machine I am trying to wash

Got any photos?

Air-Geko
23rd Apr 2006, 15:05
Originally Posted by tall and tasty
I normally end up sprayed and as wet as the machine I am trying to wash

Got any photos?

Heck, I'd like video please...