PDA

View Full Version : Suckling celebrate 15 years in the business

The Groover
2nd May 2001, 03:17
Read in Todays Daily Record (a scottish newspaper !!) that Suckling/ Scot Airways are celebrating 15 years in the Regional Airline business this week.
Not a bad acheivement all things considered, and nice to hear something positive for a change.
SAY was tough going at times, but I am sure I am not the only one looking back on it with fond memories.
As the good lady would say herself.......

WELL DONE YOU !!!

Red Spitfire Driver
2nd May 2001, 13:06
Well done Suckling - and thanks for the good climbs out of EGHI towards OCK (eventually), on EHAM route - it helps us a lot!

Strangely Brown
2nd May 2001, 14:01
Congratulations to Scot Airways. If you would like to celebrate this achievement by offering me a job then please feel free to contact me....
Frozen ATPL
MCC
Perf A
400+ Hours
Wiling to work anywhere - immediately....

Spoonbill
2nd May 2001, 14:18
Well done chaps :)
Long may it continue, it would be nice to see you back in East Anglia though. ;)

bacsd
2nd May 2001, 14:29
Well Done !!!

living in Ipswich, I remember when you first took to the skies from the grass airfield that is now yet another housing estate !!

brookdale
3rd May 2001, 04:58
Are they still preparing the catering in someone's house?

Basil
3rd May 2001, 15:37
I recently read a reference to a WW2 pilot called Suckling who was killed in combat.
It's an unusual enough name to make one wonder if he was a member of the same family.

fudpucker
3rd May 2001, 20:45
Suckling may be a not uncommon surname around Norfolk/East Anglia. I think I'm correct in saying that one of Nelson's relatives was a Suckling , who first took the future Admiral to sea

Basil
3rd May 2001, 21:20
Thanks, FP, I didn't know it was a common regional name.

scanscanscan
4th May 2001, 17:49
Suckling family live and farm just down the Beccles/ Bungay road and very near a Hall with strong Nelson connections.

------------------
We will do the drill according to the amendments to the amendments I er think?

G.A. Button
4th May 2001, 18:01
Hurrah for Suckling! The aeroplane and the people and the amount of flying far outweighed the downsides. Roll on the next 15 years!!