PDA

View Full Version : MSN messenger sing in addresses

EGKK931
22nd Apr 2006, 11:26
On msn, which I use quite often to chat to friends etc, I have noticed some of my 'contacts' are on msn with email addresses such as @ntlworld.com and @btinternet.com I always though to sign into msn messenger you needed an msn.com/hotmail.co.uk/hotmail.com email address.

How do these other addresses get to sign in and is it possible for me to sign in to MSN with my Gmail/googlemail.com email address?

Have tried but get an error message :confused:

Avtrician
22nd Apr 2006, 12:33
You just add them using [email protected], MSN will say its an unverified address, until your friend signs in. I have done it a few times

FunkyMunky
25th Apr 2006, 21:17
Have tried but get an error message

Hotmail and MSN email addresses will work immediately because they include a Passport account.

In order to use another non-Microsoft email address, you have to sign up for a .NET Passport account using your gmail/googlemail address. You can do this on http://www.passport.net . Then you should be able to use your email address to sign into MSN. Your address will appear as "unverified" and you may not be able to change your MSN name, until you complete the verification process by clicking a link in an email they send you.

I personally use my @gmail.com address for this purpose.