PDA

View Full Version : BAA Airport Security Pass

22nd Apr 2006, 09:44
I am applying for a part time job at my local BAA airport in South East and have sent my application form off however, the store I will be potentially working in will be airside and I have been sent a letter listing all the necessary requirements for a security pass. I am able to fulfil everything listed to be accepted for a security pass however the last requirement on the list is 'BAA security are required to inspect proof of your National Insurance Number...' I am only 15 so I do not have a national insurance number as of yet. I won't be 16 until next year so I understand I can't get my NI number at present.
Therefore as an alternative to my NI number I have to get a work permit which is same as a NI number for my age. Would this be accepted for my application for a BAA security ID though?
I want to know or there is no purpose of me continuing with my application. :ugh:

Cheers

EI-CFC
22nd Apr 2006, 11:16
While this probably isn't the right forum to be asking on, I'd recommend that you talk to the store. If they are employing people in your age group, they surely should have encountered this before.