PDA

View Full Version : Beebs Germany Junket

Krystal n chips
22nd Apr 2006, 08:29
Following the interesting revelations about how much--allegedly--certain Radio "presenters" are paid, last weeks ST carried a short article saying that for the forthcoming free-loading self indulgent junket ( sorry, that's expert commentary and detailed analysis:yuk: ) to Germany for the World Cup, the Beeb have generously decided to spend 3m and take along 300 staff / persons / football "pundits". So that's 3m / 300 = ?? per person. Not that this expediture could be classed as largesse of course :rolleyes: The other lot btw, are having to manage with a mere 1m and 100 persons--probably because they are damn near broke anyway. Can there really be any justification for spending this amount on a football match--or two---Nah !!:mad:

Not to mention the first of what I suspect will be many media pieces in my local rag along the lines of "concerned bosses worry about sickness levels during World Cup"--it seems a couple of organisations have already made provisions for "low attendance levels" and providing wide screens for the staff. Er, why ? You want to watch the matches, fine--book leave. If you can't, tough--video the matches--simple enough. You want time off during work--it's what you get paid to do ---and decide to have a few days "sick"--here's a chance for you to watch lots of games at your leisure--called a P45.

As for providing facilities to watch the matches during work--erm, why ?. Or rather, why should everthing seemingly grind to a halt just to watch a match?.

ATNotts
22nd Apr 2006, 11:29
Wow!! I thought I was the only bloke in the UK who felt like that.

Nobody brought a wide screen TV into the office for the Ryder Cup, 4-Hills Ski-Jumping, Ashes Test series....

What gives footie fans the right to skive off work, or take abreak from work to watch 22 bloke kicking a ball about. If I don't get the same opportunities to watch my favourite sports it's nothing short of discrimination!!!

I'm with Krystal. If you want to watch the World Cup, take leave, or use a video!

frostbite
22nd Apr 2006, 13:22
According to the Beeb, eight out of ten people in the World will be watching.

Guess who will be in the 20% desperately trying to avoid it!

Solid Rust Twotter
22nd Apr 2006, 13:29
You want chaos? Wait for the 2010 WC.

You heard it here first....:(

tilewood
22nd Apr 2006, 20:46
That's great, the shops will be empty, the roads will be quiet and the
rest of us with a life can get on with it in peace!! :hmm:

ExSimGuy
22nd Apr 2006, 20:59
"Come on, Jockistan"!!
http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A0Je5W2nikpEGskAS1iHBqMX;_ylu=X3oDMTBwanIybjRqBHBndANhd HdfaW1nX3Jlc3VsdARzZWMDc3I-/SIG=11p7pd1gl/EXP=1145822247/**http%3a//www.ccsna.org/kids/rampant.jpg

(that's better!!)

(no it's not :E )