View Full Version : Jobs in the east

Clive
22nd Apr 2006, 06:53
Seems like jobs in the exotic east are becomming more plentiful everyday.

Not everyone's cup of tea but I hear that if your an F/O with as little as 1500 hrs your able to get a start in Taiwan with China Airlines on some heavy metal (744/A340). Don't even need a type reating. I'm sure a bond would be needed but Taipei can be a fun place for a young lad.:E

Even the "old boys" thinking of early retirement can pick up a pretty sweet deal. I've heard China Airlines will entertain any age now and retirement at age 60 is up for review by the CAA this year.:}

A change is as good as a holiday - they say.

captwannabe
22nd Apr 2006, 09:04
Interesting. I heard of a few low-hour Irish guys who have gone to Asia for jobs. The industry is booming over there, but some airlines have :mad: nationality requirements.

T-Mass
28th Apr 2006, 17:26
Any idea what the competitive mins are for F/O at China Airlines?

I know for example CX states 1,000 hours for S/O but I guess you can nowadays pretty much triple or quadruple that number AND add jet command time to actually get hired (or so I've heard). So I'm assuming China Airlines' F/O comp.mins would follow similar pattern?

Also, any Westerners flying in Asia in general, feel free to chime in on your experiences under the rising sun. Thanks!

T

P.S. If nothing else, please congratulate me on my first pprune post...:ugh: