PDA

View Full Version : DAS

Jes
21st Apr 2006, 17:50
Can anyone explain what's happening to DAS and DAS Engineering at Gatwick, please?

Twitcher
22nd Apr 2006, 10:04
I understand from another forum that they have folded. This leaves just a skeleton staff at LGW it seems. I feel no sorrow for them as it was because of the cost of running it that MJSC at Manston was shutdown with the loss of 80 jobs. DAS Air Eng have had problems with the FAA etc in the past. I bet they wish they'd never moved the maintenance from MSE.

I wonder if they'll continue to operate from there or maybe relocate or set up an alternate base. As Jes says 'does anyone know what will happen?'

blazing_air
25th Apr 2006, 19:17
keep an eye on the big ole grey hangar at mse !!!

Twitcher
25th Apr 2006, 19:25
Interesting............
I heard similar. Do they just want MSE as the maint base (again) or as a place to fly from?

blazing_air
25th Apr 2006, 19:35
not sure at the mo, believe, just for maint, but who knows what deals are on the cards ??

Jes
28th Apr 2006, 07:05
DSR1087 from Malabo is booked in to Manston this morning.

Jes
12th May 2006, 18:19
AJK1087 arrived at Manston today: Allied Air, reportedly carrying cargo.

Can anyone add anything to the rumours?

blazing_air
12th May 2006, 21:01
No freight, just a few pallet stacks

Jes
19th May 2006, 14:18
This week has seen a few artics delivering equipment, some of which is marked DAS, to the aforementioned grey hangar.

Shannon volmet
25th May 2006, 23:28
Does anyone know what is going on at their engine and component overhaul facility at the former RAF Upwood in Cambridgeshire? ( not far from RAF Wyton ).
They have a company called ' Turbine Motor Works ' (http://www.turbinemotorworks.com) on site that advertises occasionally in the local press but never seems to follow through with job applications. The ads are always through agencies, formerly ' First People Aviation ' and latterly ' Recruiting People '. Local job applications just never seem to get anywhere and I have been told that they never will, because " the company has all the qualified staff it requires, and that the occasional ads in local papers are merely for the benefit of ' Home Office Requirements '
My contact at Recruiting People tells me that the chief eng is a very difficult person to a: get hold of and b: 'tie down'
Any info?

dionysius
26th May 2006, 06:46
Any truth to the rumour that DAS may be loosing one DC10 ? also that the other 3 might possibly be doubtful due to the financers going bust ?

Daede1
26th May 2006, 08:01
I understand that letters have been sent out to staff - dont know the exact contents, but i believe its along the lines of reducing the fleet to 3 aircraft, and laying off some people.
S'not good.

Engineer
26th May 2006, 08:57
Are they still operating 7 Aircraft? or is there truth in the rumour that 2 aircraft were returned a couple of months ago.:{

Shannon volmet
27th May 2006, 07:41
I'm so sorry to hear all this, my deepest sympathies go to all those who are / will be affected if the rumours are true. I guess I should know the signs by now. :sad:

Jes
28th May 2006, 19:11
I understand they are reducing the DC-10 fleet and replacing them with MD11s.

dionysius
30th May 2006, 08:23
Link here to African forum :

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=227327

dionysius
2nd Jun 2006, 14:17
understand they are reducing the DC-10 fleet and replacing them with MD11s
Just where are they going to get MD11's from ?? they are like rocking horse s**t at the moment :rolleyes:
Maybe a rumour put out by management to keep the wolves from the door :oh: