PDA

View Full Version : DRUGS and Doherty

boogie-nicey
21st Apr 2006, 18:18
So that toe rag Pete 'talentless' Doherty is running a parallel line to his other half Kate Moss. The man is in court more frequently than the cleaners and probably has little or nothing positive to present on his behalf yet he walks out.

Why must the public be punishsed with such sentiment from the judiciary (did I spell that ok). Are they trying to say he's special and therefore devoid of any responsibilities by taking him down what damage would that do? In fact it might even help the music industry :O Yet numerous self appointed personalities will go at great pains to point out the long hard road of rehabilitation, personal sacrifice, etc... please pass me a bucket! Take a look at the endless road of families where drugs have broken them.

Maybe as his slimey lawyers, agents and other officials shepherded him out of the court looking all gleeful and smug somebody should have confronted him with a picture of someone's child ruined by drugs. Then they could present another and then another, what's the matter Pete are we holding you you up? Are we boring you? If he doesn't care then show/annouce another one. Are we trying to teach you something Pete, of course not we're just treating you the same contempt that you bestow upon others.

Yet here is a 'person' who was part of the Live Aid 2 line up, pretending to show us he feels more about the welfare of others than we do, how patronising. This duo of Moss and Doherty make New Labour look innconcent as snowflake white or should I say cocaine white :ok:

IanH
21st Apr 2006, 18:46
He's got one of those faces that you wouldnt tire of hitting :E

candoo
21st Apr 2006, 19:29
I used to think he was a bit, not a lot, special when writing and performing for the Libertines.

Now confirmed as a snotty nosed lout

colmac747
21st Apr 2006, 19:36
And in true JetBlast fashion, another good reason to bring back the birch:ok:

Unwell_Raptor
21st Apr 2006, 19:59
Let's get back to basics. As far as the law is concerned Doherty is just another junkie. He drives while stoned (bad) but doesn't shoplift rob or burgle (because he doesn't need to). He has multiple convictions for Class A posession. He is on a community order that includes rehab (because there is no point in anything else).

There are tens of thousands like him in the western world - he is just a bit more famous than the others.

Funny that the police picked him up yesterday wasn't it? There's London, wall to wall with drug users, and by pure chance they pick up Doherty. Call me Mr. Cynical, but I wonder how many coppers have got a brown envelope coming from the Sun or the News of the World?

markflyer6580
21st Apr 2006, 20:10
Someone should pour petrol on him and light it,leave his sorry ass to burn.
You could burn his sh1te music at the same time,overrated [email protected] listened to by self obsessed miserable gimps. I hate that whiny indie rubbish,claiming to be the new sex pistols or similar- as they said: never mind the bollocks,you included doherty you :mad:

Rant over.:E

boogie-nicey
21st Apr 2006, 21:50
IanH - classic "a face you wouldn't tire of hitting" .... I'm still laughing.

MarkFlyer650 - Come on pal that makes us just as bad if not worse, but hey I feel where you're coming from.

I guess what the public is not initially excessive or even vengeful but a sight of social rules and legal boundaries being administered in an appropriate rather disproportionate manner. When they see this type of bias then the public see RED and who can blame them.

Drug use go for it, it's your life, your responsibility or should I say liability but when caught you have to face the music. Donherty sure isn't the guy I'd wish to buy a drink for down my local in fact go upto him and tell (not ask) him to leave.

He was on a radio show after having walked free a couple of weeks ago from another court appearance and when asked by the presenter whether he was still on drugs the phone went dead, cowardice.

VFE
21st Apr 2006, 21:52
Firstly, I thought his music was okay with The Libertines and funnily enough I had one of their tapes on my car radio whilst travelling to the airfield today after not listening to it for over a year- spooky! But his output of late has been rather dismall and disappointing to say the least, such a waste of early promise.

Anyway, as Unwell Raptor has said, there's millions like him running around the city but they're not famous. It reminds me of that witch hunt on the likes of Keith Richards, Lemmy, JJ Burnel, Johnny Rotten et al, in the late seventies when they couldn't walk out their front door without getting busted. It has always been the cozzers easy option, masquerading under the dubious motive of being in the public's best interest to rid society of these evil scumbags who wantonly lead our sons and daughters astray... yeah whatever, - more dawn raids on our council estates would be time better spent methinks! :rolleyes:

Show me the clause in their contract which says they have a responsibility to the general public to promote a healthy lifestyle and I'll flame 'em with the rest of you. They make music and what they do in their spare time is their own business and if it reaches the front pages of your daily rag as you sit eating your morning Corn Flakes then perhaps, just maybe(?), you're reading the wrong rags?

VFE. *art is supposed to shock*

markflyer6580
21st Apr 2006, 23:12
I guess what the public is not initially excessive or even vengeful but a sight of social rules and legal boundaries being administered in an appropriate rather disproportionate manner. When they see this type of bias then the public see RED and who can blame them.

You are dead right with that,the thing that pisses me off about him in particular compared with real rock and roll frontmen who have abused drugs and generally made a clown of themselves is the fact that he was never a big star,just a nobody from some small ropey sounding band.
His problem is that he thinks he is a star and that will(has been ) his downfall.

more dawn raids on our council estates would be time better spent methinks!

You are right there too VFE!
Strangely those types don't listen to the type of music(if you could call it that?) that he makes so your contract argument is a good one since the donkeys dopey enough to be led astray,are not usually the ones the police need to catch.(Kate moss,and other coldplay loving city worker types, for example):ok:

boogie-nicey
24th Apr 2006, 10:44
This thread has an underlying stream of Pete Doherty's talent or lack of it in most of the postings. That doesn't appear to be the initial problem here. I and no doubt many others realise what's going on in society as far as drug use and abuse is concerned. However the real issue is when caught nothing seems to applied in terms of the law due to the fact that are part of the stratospheric element of society. With all that evidence nothing and I mean nothing is done, true double standard or should I say blurred standard due to their elevated status. If I went to a shop and asked to buy something but was informed by the polite assistant that there are no more of those items yet monents later the next chap asks for the same thing and magically they're some in stock, how would I feel? As hard as it is for eveidence to come by why is it then that these people still 'walk'. All manner of people from innocent 'fought for my country' OAPS, middle class 'just defending what's mine and my families' type people, etc are being hammered left, right and centre for the smallest of issues and yet we have to bear spectacle to these type of Moss/Doherty episodes.

With the legal system aside what about them having some degree of shame not for publicity but their own sake, I think not. When Doherty finally runs some over he'll turn it around and claim how that was the day "he died also", what an inhumane insult. The ordeal, trauma, darkness, tv appeances and book on "his long journey back to the light", .... give me a second to wipe my mouth clean after throwing up :=

Bahn-Jeaux
24th Apr 2006, 10:52
I would get rid of him too............that would leave Kate free for me!

She's mine, mine I tell you.
Slurp drool slobber.:}

Dave Martin
24th Apr 2006, 10:53
Maybe as his slimey lawyers, agents and other officials shepherded him out of the court looking all gleeful and smug somebody should have confronted him with a picture of someone's child ruined by drugs.

I think he is the best advertising ever for the anti-drug campaign. Keep the idjit on the tabloids I say.

I doubt George Best's recent publicity encouraged lads to drink.

Unwell_Raptor
24th Apr 2006, 11:41
Boogie - Doherty hasn't, I am pleased to say, received any different treatment because he is famous. The court has dealt with him by the book.

Slinging all drug users in jail would certainly make the streets quiet at night. Half the population of London would be in the slammer.

boogie-nicey
24th Apr 2006, 12:01
sorry guys, if I came over all judgemental and somewhat right wing, just wanted to express a few comments about this whole Moss/Doherty issue. I guess it's all part of this ever increasing "dumbing down" culture, where irresponsibility, laziness and indiscipline are further promotoed by these so called celebs.

ChocksAwayUK
24th Apr 2006, 13:01
Boogie - Doherty hasn't, I am pleased to say, received any different treatment because he is famous. The court has dealt with him by the book.
Slinging all drug users in jail would certainly make the streets quiet at night. Half the population of London would be in the slammer.

Indeed - I'm sure the only reason Doherty has been dragged through the courts was due to his position in the limelight. Any 'civilian' would have been let off with a caution at most. Same with Kate - all that ridiculous hoohaa (sp?!) and media braying for her arrest on return from the US was ludicrous.

And Boogie-Nicely, I'm not sure these characters are "promoted" on the strength of their misdemenours. Doherty has certainly been promoted on his unquestionable talent in song-writing (no dumbing down there) but I'm sure the coverage of his naughty behaviour in the gutter press/slebmags is just there so the great unwashed can *tut*.

Maxflyer
24th Apr 2006, 13:07
So that toe rag Pete 'talentless' Doherty is running a parallel line to his other half Kate Moss
Snorting rather than running!

smuggler357
24th Apr 2006, 22:59
So that toe rag Pete 'talentless' Doherty is running a parallel line to his other half Kate Moss. The man is in court more frequently than the cleaners and probably has little or nothing positive to present on his behalf yet he walks out.

Why must the public be punishsed with such sentiment from the judiciary (did I spell that ok). Are they trying to say he's special and therefore devoid of any responsibilities by taking him down what damage would that do? In fact it might even help the music industry :O Yet numerous self appointed personalities will go at great pains to point out the long hard road of rehabilitation, personal sacrifice, etc... please pass me a bucket! Take a look at the endless road of families where drugs have broken them.

Maybe as his slimey lawyers, agents and other officials shepherded him out of the court looking all gleeful and smug somebody should have confronted him with a picture of someone's child ruined by drugs. Then they could present another and then another, what's the matter Pete are we holding you you up? Are we boring you? If he doesn't care then show/annouce another one. Are we trying to teach you something Pete, of course not we're just treating you the same contempt that you bestow upon others.

Yet here is a 'person' who was part of the Live Aid 2 line up, pretending to show us he feels more about the welfare of others than we do, how patronising. This duo of Moss and Doherty make New Labour look innconcent as snowflake white or should I say cocaine white :ok:

I have to agree with you. Drugs, certainly hard drugs like Heroin without a doubt ruin familys. My daughter is a heroin addict, she sells her body on the street for a bag of smack for her and her smackhead burgling boyfriend.
I have often wondered who was to blame for the fact that my wonderful little girl has turned into a modern day vampire? perhaps it is my fault? if it was it was never intentional, Perhaps it was the dealer, or the traffiker or the manufacturer?
If kate Moss is a drug addict then she has problems, she needs help although she is unlikly to admit it or want it.
I dont think that POKING her with a stick is the way forward.
Only she can change herself, when she wants too, the point is they never do because they know better.

There is nothing we can do. but incase there is I am open to suggestions.

I belive Heroin is the devil.

smuggler357
24th Apr 2006, 23:13
Let's get back to basics. As far as the law is concerned Doherty is just another junkie. He drives while stoned (bad) but doesn't shoplift rob or burgle (because he doesn't need to). He has multiple convictions for Class A posession. He is on a community order that includes rehab (because there is no point in anything else).

There are tens of thousands like him in the western world - he is just a bit more famous than the others.

Funny that the police picked him up yesterday wasn't it? There's London, wall to wall with drug users, and by pure chance they pick up Doherty. Call me Mr. Cynical, but I wonder how many coppers have got a brown envelope coming from the Sun or the News of the World?

Unfortunatly you are right about the brown envelopes from the press which throws doubt on everything they report.
I am not for one second sticking up for gary glitter but who is to say he wasnt set up by the press? corruption is rife in vietnam and a grand pulls a lot of weight. If he is guilty I hope he drops dead. but where the filthy press is concerned I will always have my doubts.
Who is next? you? Me?

wint3rmute
25th Apr 2006, 07:32
Doherty is just another junkie. He drives while stoned (bad) but doesn't shoplift rob or burgle (because he doesn't need to).
Ummmm? He famously does!

boogie-nicey
25th Apr 2006, 10:00
Smuggler357 I hear you, take care my friend.

boogie-nicey
28th Apr 2006, 15:46
He's at it again, pictured injected someone with a needle.
It's nothing about how the picture was taken or where or under what circumstances. The issue here is drugs and wherever they are you'll find Pete.

Doors to Automatic
28th Apr 2006, 17:42
Does Charles Clarke actually do anything?

VFE
28th Apr 2006, 18:56
Not condoning druggie behaviour, especially where needles are concerned, but maybe he was injecting something to bring her round, ala Pulp Fiction? Apart from most junkies being far too tight to waste a good hit on someone unable to appreciate it, injecting an unconscious person with more heroin is tantamount to attempted murder, surely?

Just another angle....

VFE.

VFE
28th Apr 2006, 20:07
The only way rich party tykes like him learn is when they see someone drop dead in front of them.... if then. What part do his managers play, that's what I would like to know - are they as zonked as him or can he talk a good story to justify it all?

VFE.

Dop
29th Apr 2006, 18:38
I have this theory that Doherty is actually a clever performance artist and all we see in the news is his artistic installation. Obviously he's building up to fake his own death and disappear, just like Richey Manic...

But I could be wrong.

VFE
29th Apr 2006, 22:22
I have this theory that Doherty is actually a clever performance artist and all we see in the news is his artistic installation. Obviously he's building up to fake his own death and disappear, just like Richey Manic...
But I could be wrong.

Really? There was me thinking he's about to OD and enter the pantheon of rock and roll wasters.

VFE.

IanH
30th Apr 2006, 02:11
As per my posting on the first page .... cant we just go and keep hitting him ?. form an orderly queue and let me be first as I suggested it ......

I have no sympathy for junkies ..... they know the score, they take the chance, they might get caught. then they die young....... good riddance..... Has anyone seen an old junkie ? ........ no, coz they are dead well before then ...

wint3rmute
30th Apr 2006, 07:18
Not really true Ian - depends on the users personal situation. If you are fairly well off (i.e. can afford it and not resort to crime & be forced to live an unhealthy lifestyle) there's no reason that you can't support a perfectly healthy and fulfilling lifetime's heroin habit. You don't tend to hear of, or notice, these type of addicts. However, the vast majority can't support it and their lives go downhill.. shared needles.. adulaterated heroin.. blahblah.

Opiates aren't necessarily bad for your health per se. Will Self springs to mind.. I'm sure there are other high profile figures as well.

In fact that's got me thinking - why didn't aforementioned celebrated writer get the same treatment from public and press that Doherty is attracting?

Jordan D
30th Apr 2006, 10:26
In and out of jail for too many things. I think he must be jailed for a long time now. Enough is enough.

Jordan

VFE
30th Apr 2006, 10:45
Has anyone seen an old junkie ? ........ no, coz they are dead well before then ...
Keith Richards?

VFE.

timmcat
30th Apr 2006, 10:47
Doherty is one of the very few people on this planet to which I would take great pleasure in placing a small thermo-nuclear device somewhere where the sun does not shine and detonating aforesaid device.

Could sell the spectacle on 'Pay-per-view'.

Solid Rust Twotter
30th Apr 2006, 11:02
Keith Richards is dead. He's just well pickled and appears almost lifelike with sympathetic lighting.:}

ChocksAwayUK
30th Apr 2006, 11:12
Poor old Keith was out of his tree yesterday, so I hear. Boom boom.

RE: Long term heroin addicts who generally managed to hold it down - some to old age. How about: Aldous Huxley, William Borroughs, Will Self, Robert Downey Jr, Samuel Taylor Coleridge, Ray Charles, John Lennon, Eric Clapton, John Lennon, Charlie Parker and loads of other Jazz Musicians.

Do i get sued for libel yet?

There must just be something else about Doherty to get this reaction.. maybe the unashamed brashness.

VFE
30th Apr 2006, 12:20
It is ironic that most of us here abhor celebrity-dom yet we're all here chewing the fat.

No matter how hard we try we still get suckered in by the tabloids - you simply can't fight it - that typically British love of gossip.

VFE.

rab-k
30th Apr 2006, 17:44
Has anyone on this thread actually heard him sing? Must confess I wouldn't know a Babyshambles track if I heard one. Are they any good - drugs and failed public appearances aside:confused:

ChocksAwayUK
30th Apr 2006, 18:01
Has anyone on this thread actually heard him sing? Must confess I wouldn't know a Babyshambles track if I heard one. Are they any good - drugs and failed public appearances aside:confused:

You're right - it often seems that those quickest to criticize are those least aware of his music. I'm not saying that a musical talent justifies him injecting a passed out fan but still...

In answer to your question, yes. Both The Libertines and Babyshambles are way superior to most of the rubbish out there. I don't say that as a fan but as a critic and music industry observer. The kids got an amazing talent for churning out great songs, seemingly effortlessly. Often clever, witty lyrics and wry observations - good original melodies. The occasional dud perhaps, but overall a very talented individual. Why don't you download the Libertines' eponyous second album and see for yourself - that's a good start.

boogie-nicey
2nd May 2006, 09:55
There was alot of rubbish mentioned by the judge in his last court appearance about Doherty genuinely wanting to make a recovery and get himself sorted out. They went on state that this so called progress was more than evident in Doherty. After this latest revelation can't the court see just how wrong it was, he's a danger to the public.

If he doesn't care about anyone else why should anyone care about him? Throw him in the slammer and string him up as an example of the modern day , self pitifying junkie. They actaully believe that they can go about their business as normal but society has to bear it in terms of tolerance, cost, crime and then clearing up the mess. Indeed junkies need support to 'get out' of their problem but they seem to use this constantly open invitation of support and rehabilitation as an 'okay I'll just have a little more then start my recovery tomorrow'. If you imposed a conscious time limit like a job offer then these addicts would start to show some movement alot quicker rather than a get out of jail card to put away in a bedroom drawer next to their burnt out spoon, foil and lighter. The courts are far too biased towards the addict and would not accept a drink driver just getting themselves sorted out when they get around to it, why should drug users be in any different. "You were arrested 2 months ago and after seeing the magistrates, what exactly have you achieved in terms of progress, what are you waiting for". There are two choices to help motivate these people 1. recovery and 2. jail time.

We must also remember that society has to be protected and it's not their role to act as a convienent backdrop to this drugs fiasco. Members of the public have nothing to do with the dealing nor purchasing of drugs so why should they have to suffer? Someone earlier mentioned hanging the dealers, why not? These people are dealing in death itself and do so with a nasty arrogance which is reflective of this evil trade. These dealers would trade from your outside of your front door if it helped them and would get extremely violent and viscious if you tried to move them. In this case the law should be just as tough to proportionally reflect these peoples behaviour.

BellEndBob
2nd May 2006, 11:06
Ever thought that the reason the judiciary are so lenient on these types is that 'some' of the judiciary run on the same 'petrol'?

Saw a documentary some time back about the cocaine trade in London. One 'firm' operated a home delivery service. Most of their home deliveries were to Doctors/Judges/Lawyers/Celebs etc.

I have a very good friend in the local CID. He claims that cocaine and such like are now more commonly used than alcohol in a large number of communities, especially fishing ports.

My point is that Mr Doherty is not alone. If the system was to really crack down on this scurge there would, IMHO/allegedly, be a very long list of household names/professions in the firing line.

Having said that, if he has indeed administered a substance to another individual, then he should be jumped on. Surely he can be done for GBH/assault etc etc.

boogie-nicey
3rd May 2006, 18:16
With feeling and resentment across some quarters of the public with Doherty. Why can't we have a comical gotcha scene that so many programmes on both TV and radio do these day. They are all up for making someone who remotely intelligent or not conforming to the usual norms of society look stupid. So why not their beloved fellow media people, because they're hypocrites. If you socially uncool or untrendy then you've had it. If you're a no hope looser in society but been out with the runner up of Big Brother then you're a hero.

Where's the guy who said Doherty had a kind of face you wouldn't tire of punching. :)

IanH
3rd May 2006, 19:28
Still here B-N .... and still thinking the same :E

boogie-nicey
12th May 2006, 13:36
I hear that git has failed to appear before a magistrates court once again. He was originally given this rehabilitation order on the basis that he turns up for review every so often. He's already missed the first one and now once again failed to show. The same excuse was offered namely concert commitments, that in my mind is no excuse at all. He is out of jail on the basis of this order and can't now claim that other things are more important. The original judge threatened jail time if he fails to show, now it's happened twice and he still scott free.

When a member of the public is chased by the court for payment, as a witness, jury service, etc they have no choice but to attend. Child care issues, doesn't matter get to the court house, running your own business by yourself, doesn't matter get to the court house, Can't spare the time off work, doesn't matter get here right now.
Yet this sh1t head is almost sticking up 2 fingers at the very process that helped keep him out of jail. Unbelievable, he really is as stupid as he looks :)

wint3rmute
12th May 2006, 13:40
I think you should try to focus your energies into something more positive and constructive.

bar fly
12th May 2006, 13:42
Jeez BN! are you still harping on about Pete Doherty?

boogie-nicey
12th May 2006, 15:07
okay then, I'm going to take up flower arranging :E

bar fly
12th May 2006, 15:45
er...on second thoughts, that Doherty bloke isn't half an interesting fella. I heard that he likes drugs or something.

<Please! anything but bloody gardening!>

yintsinmerite
12th May 2006, 16:18
yeah whatever, - more dawn raids on our council estates would be time better spent methinks

And not just council estates. !!!

Drugs are everywhere and society is generally losing the battle against them. I have been in too many well too do houses (upwards of 1m) , post pub, in which the host or hostess open little wooden boxes to reveal a stash of dope and Columbian marching powder which would make Doherty envious. (and before anyone asks, I have no problem refusing their hospitality). Oh and the occupations of these hosts/hostesses? Well, commercial property developers, advertising company owners, wine importers . . .need I go on. These are hardly the dregs of the economy.

Smuggler, things can improve - I know a guy who was a heroin addict who eventually managed to clean himself up and now works as a councillor in one of the UK's prisons. Take care

VFE
10th Jul 2006, 10:49
Doherty appeared on Jonathon Ross last Friday.

Talentless? You judge:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIvs-OhxR0M&search=PETE%20DOHERTY

Strokes of pop genius if you ask me, even my Mum adored him! Hope he manages to stay clean.

VFE.

Bahn-Jeaux
10th Jul 2006, 11:56
Not bad, still jealous of him n Kate, she should have been mine, MINE I tell you.:{

PileUp Officer
10th Jul 2006, 13:14
even my Mum adored him!
Mine too! Maybe he's found his niche.

M.Mouse
10th Jul 2006, 13:20
Apart from the fact he appeared to be under the influence of something on the JR show (he was barely coherent and certainly dull) if his singing is an example of genius then I must get my hearing checked.

VFE
10th Jul 2006, 13:24
It's not so much the singing but the songwriting M.Mouse.

Sure folk said the same of the Stones when they appeared on the scene in the 60's. Times change but some things stay the same....

VFE.

bar fly
10th Jul 2006, 16:04
There is no doubting the man is a huge talent. I hope he stays clean as well and produces more excellent music. But I do wonder what Boogie-Nicely would then have to whine about.

Mercenary Pilot
18th Aug 2006, 10:00
Is this thread the reason?

potkettleblack
18th Aug 2006, 11:29
Do you think that the Police are actively seeking him out? Like how many gangster rappers stroll around Suff London with pocket fulls of drugs and never get stopped and searched?

VFE
18th Aug 2006, 12:35
Do you think that the Police are actively seeking him out? Like how many gangster rappers stroll around Suff London with pocket fulls of drugs and never get stopped and searched?
The good (naive?) part of me hopes that the police are hounding him for his own good but you would be forgiven for thinking they're just interested in an easy nick!

Heard on the radio that he's rumoured to have got engaged to Miss.Moss this week and that he's still abstaining from the ole 'Harry'.... but he was nicked on the 7th August too eh? Oh dear. Perhaps that was just for cannabis though? He has those anti-heroin implants in doesn't he?

Oh well, if he get's through it all I do hope he becomes a household name like Keith Richards did - just to show the old fuddy duddy moaners that a naughty man can make good once more!

VFE.