PDA

View Full Version : NEAR flight school

Holliwood
21st Apr 2006, 12:34
Hi all!

Recently i've been in touch with NEAR and i find it great!
Anyone has attended this school or knows something about it?

Fabio

Captain N
21st Apr 2006, 12:58
thats a hell of a long course compared to all other schools, price is attractive though, also i wonder if you would be a more attractive candidate to airlines doing such a comprehensive course

good luck if you decide to go with them:)

Holliwood
21st Apr 2006, 13:09
Of course is more than 2 years but is something i'm pllaning from the beginning cause i was considering to go to the states anyway!

The good thing is to achieve more than 1000H working as a "paid" flight instructor under thw J-1 visa and is a great pro of this school providing you a lot oflicence (both FAA and JAA).
the price compared to the majors european school is good considering the amount of hour you get with them!

Would be great to know any info from someone went there!

Fabio

Seagull61
2nd May 2006, 15:55
Hi,

I live in Norway and have been in touch with these guys and they have been very helpful indeed. There site does seem very comprehensive and the price is very good, considerin it`s about £8 pound a pint here!!!

Would also be interested to know if anyone else has had experience of these guys.

dirg
3rd May 2006, 11:14
do you have their website address? I'm currently looking for a good integrated course.. so far European Flight Training (www.flyeft.com (http://www.flyeft.com)) looks the best

Seagull61
3rd May 2006, 12:05
URL is http://www.near-as.no

I`ve been mailing them for some time and they are very good at giving the information required.

Best of luck

Holliwood
6th May 2006, 10:17
i've been in touch too with them and the course looks really good offering you more or less 1000H training in the states but holding an JAA ATPL!

Since now i was in mind to go in the states and than do the onversion but it seems long and difficult to get (do you have any advice on that?)

So i really considering the guys from norway!
The course is 2 1\2 years long cause you'll fly 2 years in the states and than you go back in norway to finish your study!

The price is housing included for the 2 years and only 6 weeks when coming back from the states , than i think you have to share an appartment with some one other..cause norway is really expensive!

But from now i think it's the best one, i can't find someother school offering you 1000H and an ATPL, most of them only 190\250H and sometimes more expensive too!!:eek:

Fabio

Holliwood
6th May 2006, 10:28
I've just checked the european flight training site and what i see is a great programme in a nice place (damn if i knew it before i went visiting them during my february trip in florida..ufff) a good cost (the ME only 67000$ that is far less in €!) but i see no housing and what is worst no JAA ATPL ground school! if you go on th page of the cost the ground school is in the " non included things" so quite bad about that point!

Fabio