PDA

View Full Version : AJFC at ESPT

Slick Rick
21st Apr 2006, 11:17
Hello fellow pilots!

I'm interested in applying for the AJFC ( Airline Jet Foundation Course ) at EPST, and I'm looking for some information regarding this course. It is mentioned on their site that ESPT will make available the selection and training dossier with positive recommedations to airlines, after completion of the AJFC. Does anybody have any experience with this course and company? Is the possibility high to get a job interview through EPST at the end of the course? www.epst.com (http://www.epst.com)

Regards, Slick Rick

LEVC
21st Apr 2006, 13:25
Besides the moral issues, getting in this thing will cost you the nice sum of 95,000 Euros, plus the cost of the training for your Integrated/modular which lts say will be around 60,000 Euros, you are talking about 155,000 Euros, please tell me how are you going to pay that back to the Bank, and if you think it can be possibly done , how much per month you'll have to pay to the bank.

Apart from that you are not guaranted a job afterward.

At the end of the day this isn't anything else than a TR plus some extra time in the sim, but no real flying, what makes you think is going a give you better chances to get a RHS in an airline?

In the best case scenario, if this thing is no a scum, and all goes ok you'll be forking out most of your salary for over 10 years, that is if you get a decent job and wages.

This question is not meant to ofend you but, ARE YOU CRAZY? :eek:

K. Soze
21st Apr 2006, 17:53
I think LEVC is talking about something different than the AJFC. The AJFC cost 6,525 euro and is comparable to the CTC AQC. When I spoke to the manager last year they were finishing of the last details in building the 737 fbs and it looked very nice. I really wanted to do the course because it seems like good value for money - my biggest problem was to be recommended to their airline partners you had to stay current which means a few sim sessions a month but since I dont live nearby anymore that would be very difficult. They do have good contacts in the business and they also have a good reputation. Give them a call an ask what the average waiting time is now from finishing the course to employment.

LEVC
21st Apr 2006, 22:01
This is what i found on their website under the costs information:

It is our experience that EPST candidates who get a full selection report and an EPST letter in which we underwrite the training element of the potential loan, will receive a bank loan with one of the major European banks. As such this training should be available for everyone who successfully completes the EPST selection process.

After a positive selection you will receive:
1. The selection results on paper
2. A letter from EPST stating that it will be guarantor for the training cost of the EPST FO programme and that we will cover the cost in the case of training failure despite our selection.
We believe this should be sufficient (in most cases) to obtain a bank loan in your country without too much problems.
Costs
Cost of the program is (UK £ exchange rate dependent), € 95.250,--. This price is inclusive of: all materials required, uniform, tickets, exam cost, accommodation in the USA, transport and the complete Advanced Training (AJFC) program. The cost for accommodation in the UK and meals in both the UK and USA is not included and will be the student's responsibility.
Selection cost is total€ 150,-- (see selection on our selection phases).

K. Soze
22nd Apr 2006, 19:34
Ah ok - well you are looking at the complete course from 0 flying hours until a completed JAR-CPL, ME, IR at Oxford + the AJFC. What Slick Rick was asking about was the AJFC:

"The complete AJFC course fee is € 6,525 (approximately £ 4,500. VAT is not applicable and initial pre-grading has already been deducted from this amount. Accommodation (single room including breakfast) is available locally for about € 55 per night. Accommodation may be booked through EPST. Transport to and from the airport will be organized by EPST."

Slick Rick
22nd Apr 2006, 20:41
Thanks for the info K.Soze. Indeed it was the AJFC I was interested in. They told me that all students that have completed the course had been called in for a job interview, some within 3 months some within a year, but this is never a guarantee. As you said the need to stay current after the course could be expensive since I do not live anywhere near Utrecht.
But it still looks interesting.

Do you know what the pre-grading test contains beside the adv-compass test?

K. Soze
22nd Apr 2006, 20:45
I think I was told something about doing a sim-grading to test that the flying skills were good enough to complete the course but other than that I don't think there was anything.

LEVC
24th Apr 2006, 13:02
I apologize for my post.

Sorry

LEVC

stevej_uk
3rd May 2006, 15:13
I have been given a selection day in May for the AJFC at EPST. Anyone out there been on one of these that could offer any little gems of advice??

Also, the address I have been given is Westkanaaldijk 5-11, 3542 DA Utrecht. Does anyone know the best way to get there? Nearest airport would be a help, or if you know what airline go there etc.

Thanks for the help help everyone!

SJ