PDA

View Full Version : WOMAN OR BLOKE??

1DC
20th Apr 2006, 22:19
Mrs 1DC and I were chatting over tea and got on to the subject of what is best being a bloke or a woman.
I was glad i wasn't born a woman and she was glad she wasn't born a bloke, the only thing she would change would be to make the blokes give birth to the kids.We both decided we had the better life.
So what do you think?
Does a woman have the best of life, or a bloke???

G-CPTN
20th Apr 2006, 22:24
Difficult! I pondered that in the 'what would you come back as' thread,
Blokes get to chase pretty girls. Do girls have to be pretty in order to get chased? Would lesbianism be a suitable alternative if a girl wasn't pretty? As a hetero male I would never contemplate homosexuality in order to attract a partner.

tall and tasty
20th Apr 2006, 23:27
well in this day and age I'm not sure. In the past the men were certainly treated better, but saying that look at some cultures where woman are definately seen and not heard.

I'm happy being a girl. Ok the worst thing to indure is child birth pain, bit of smarting and whats the problem, I was told. But I'm so glad I don't have to shave my face everyday, well not yet :p

I can go out and act dumb when I need help,or turn on the water works, or dress to the nines in the evening after a day of fencing or log cutting.

There are so many lovely things you can do too.

But just sometimes I wish I was a guy, especially when I can't lift something really heavy.

TnT

Captain Sand Dune
21st Apr 2006, 02:45
But just sometimes I wish I was a guy, especially when I can't lift something really heavy.

That's where act dumb when I need help,or turn on the water works comes in, doesn't it?:E

Buster Hyman
21st Apr 2006, 03:30
Labrador.:ok:

Onan the Clumsy
21st Apr 2006, 03:46
Why restrict yourself to just one accidentally assigned role?

Buster Hyman
21st Apr 2006, 03:48
Is that from experience???

Blacksheep
21st Apr 2006, 07:10
While shopping for wedding accoutrements last weekend, we spent a whole afternoon with a charming and delightful person who happens to be both at the same time. As a big fan of alternative ways of doing things, I reckon that makes an interesting compromise.

acbus1
21st Apr 2006, 07:17
I don't know.

I'd need to try being a woman for a while.

Say....ooh....Eva Longoria.

Then I'd need to.....experiment.

Purely for research, you understand.

Lots of mirrors, camcorders, baby oil and....um....toys.

:E

chuks
21st Apr 2006, 07:49
I was on a ferry a few weeks ago. One of those long-distance trips, from Portsmouth to the Isle of Wight it was.

I had loaded my motorycle next to a couple of others, when the usual pecking order seemed to be coming into play. There was my shiny BMW R1100S, a rather tired-looking Suzuki Bandit and a stonking great BMW K1100GT all cheek-by-jowel. No words were exchanged between the various 'classes' of biker during this process even though we were literally tripping over one another.

After we had lashed our steeds down for the long sea passage we all made our way to the luxuriously-appointed lounge. There was no sign of the glamourous couple from the other BMW, so that I guessed they were being cosseted in the VIP lounge but there at the next table was the rather grumpy-looking Suzuki rider.

I am always careful in the UK to observe your 'no-speako' rules, not to offend by trying to strike up a conversation with such sure-fire topics as 'Lovely weather we are having today, yes?' That said, though, given the slightest opening I do enjoy talking to the various natives I encounter.

Here it was clear that the passage would be made in some sort of deep funk. Then at some point I realised that what I had taken for a bloke was actually a guurl! Ah! All that dynamic of 'I am, too, a motorcyclist!' was probably in play, so that my card had already been marked as 'Male Chauvinist Pig Big-Head BMW rider,' I guessed. No chance for an ice-breaker such as 'Do you really hate men or do you just act that way?' so that I left any potential clangers undropped to wrestle with the complexities of a modern telephone call to my host on the Isle instead. That seems to be how most people talk to each other nowadays anyhow, even if it's new to me.

My take on this is that the planet belongs to women and their cats, but I could be wrong about that. It swings back and forth but that's how the balance of power is for now and far enough into the future for no hope of a significant change for me. I long for a time, long gone now, when Davy Crockett and his ilk could just come stomping in, mud on the boots and the cabin door left open to the spring breezes, to toss a dead moggie to the Significant Other with a command to skin it and craft a new hat with nary a demur to be heard. Life must have been better then for men. How it was for women, well, is that my problem?

Is it my imagination or is there a certain gloating quality to many of the posts made here by women. A certain air of surfing on top of the wave while the men are left paddling around in the backwash is what I feel, although there is almost nothing I can put my finger on.

Rainboe
21st Apr 2006, 08:28
It's all very well women demanding equality, but how many women do you see running behind rubbish lorries and laying bricks or working on building sites! Equality is only wanted in the 'right' areas!

I have to say I do feel sorry for the darlins'. To be ruled by your hormones like that. To have that complicated physiology. To regard crying as a perfectly acceptable passtime. To have your body play those nasty tricks on you....cellulite! (scream!)......to constantly worry about your hair, nails, bottom, feet....you name it.

I think there is some mollusc that can change to either sex at will. I think it goes female once, then next lunar cycle it's back to male....for good! 'No more of that malarky- never again!' it thinks!

allan907
21st Apr 2006, 08:49
Think I'll stick with male thanks. What would one have to scratch in the morning otherwise?? Oh, that and the usual pre-flying preparation with stick and rudder work under the bedsheets. Now girlies can't do that can they!

SLFguy
21st Apr 2006, 09:37
I'd rather be a really hard arsed chicken.....

*stalker mode off*

Wyler
21st Apr 2006, 09:37
A bloke during the day so I can go to the pub, swear and generally arse about. Then a girlie at night to get free drinks and a bit of rumpy pumpy.

Richard Spandit
21st Apr 2006, 10:51
I notice in Canada almost all of the road workers seem to be women... or perhaps it's just the ones holding the lollipop...

I get the impression that women enjoy sex more, but I still like to able to piss into a sink without having to turn round... :)

GearDown&Locked
21st Apr 2006, 11:27
Interesting question. It's made assuming present position, status, geo location, culture, level of education, etc... a man can think that if he were to be a woman life would be as good or even better than he has experienced so far, vice-versa for women.

Let’s change perspective. Let's say a man could have the opportunity to be a real woman for a single day, would you take it? My guess is many would do it.

But if status, geo location, culture, level of education were to be random?

I wouldn't mind being Eva Longoria (reverse roles for women readers) for a day, but what if one was to come up as a chav lass on suburbia land ? Or a woman in Ethiopia? Would you still consider it as an option?

:)

GD&L

G-CPTN
21st Apr 2006, 11:32
Let's say a man could have the oportunity to be a real woman for a single day, would you take it? my guess is many would do it.

Are you kidding? All that preparation? Face paint. Tottering around on stilts. Ballhooks to that!

Wyler
21st Apr 2006, 11:53
I would be Joan Collins for a day. I would go to my bank and transfer a few million quid into Mr Wylers account.

RaraAvis
21st Apr 2006, 12:29
There are a few things I'd love to experience as a man:E, however, the small matter:O of multiple orgasms is a definite deal breaker. Happy to be a woman!!;)

Foss
21st Apr 2006, 12:57
Being a girl for a day.

7.00am Wake up, play with boobs.
7.30am Get in shower admire body, soap body, play with boobs.
8.00am Have healthy yoghurt breakfast, no fry up.
8.15am Drive to work eating chocolate.
9.00am-11.59am Moan about having to juggle work and home life.
12.00-2.00pm Have lunch bought for me.
2.00-2.10pm Check boobs are ok.
2.11-5.00pm Arrange girly Saturday night out.
5.00pm-6.00pm. Drink sweet white wine in whine bar.
7.30pm Have healthy pasta and watch Corrie.
9.00pm Eat a packet of chocolate M&Ms
9.30pm-10.30pm Phone people about girly night out.
11.55pm Go to bed after extensive bathroom routine.
11.58pm Final check boobs haven't run away.
11.59pm Oh Oh, period pain, cramps.
Midnight Turn back into a bloke, that was close.

Fos

sucksqueezeBANGstop
21st Apr 2006, 13:48
Are you kidding? All that preparation? Face paint. Tottering around on stilts. Ballhooks to that!

Hey? I'm a girly, but wouldn't be caught dead on stilts wearing cement on my face :D

I think blossom where you are planted is the best attitude. If i'd been a boy I would have enjoyed it I expect, but I'm a girl (although prob more tom boy) and happy.

GETA
21st Apr 2006, 23:36
I think women have it easier because we are not expected to fight big fights and always win and be the top dog at everything, women can be just ok and still feel good about themselves because they are good mothers and spouses.

tony draper
21st Apr 2006, 23:48
Don't think its possible for a man to put himself into the mind of a woman, or visa vera, we seem to have totaly different mind sets, presumably having two different views of the world working in partnership it would have some evolutionary advantage, nor can it be achieved by sticking a wig on yer noggin and sticking some socks up yer jumper and tottering about in high heels ,I don't think men have a feminine side, nor women a masculine one,that is huggy fluff bollix, except those sad half things that do not know if they are fish or fowl,
IMHO of course
Vive le differance,as they say in furrin parts.
:rolleyes:
Hmmm,just thunk if Mamasan Flappy were still lurking ones wee piggy would be turned into a turnip again.
:uhoh:

tall and tasty
22nd Apr 2006, 00:23
It's all very well women demanding equality, but how many women do you see running behind rubbish lorries and laying bricks or working on building sites! Equality is only wanted in the 'right' areas!

well I am happy to have a go doing any of those tasks and all of them if that is what is required. But I would love to see a man do half as much as a working mum in the day and in the evening still tidy the house, cook dinner, do the washing, ironing, bath the children, read to them, put them to bed, get things ready for the morining rush to school and have 5 mins to herself to unwind before she collapses into bed to start again at 0600 the next day every day of the year for a long long time.

Some, guys come home, go to the pub, because he has had a long day at work, unwind come home to the little darlings tucked up and in bed and then wonder why the other half is ratty, non responsive while they slump in front of the tv, asking for another drink and where iare the snacks!

Yes sometimes I would love to be a man just for that experience, ( I apologise if not all men are like that but after a long realtionship that is how I saw men's reactions to a normal day) except when war is declared and you get called up. Then that is when I am a woman I would not want to go and fight for anyone other than my children and that is how selfish a mother can be:O

TnT

birdlady
22nd Apr 2006, 00:24
Girl definately ;) ;)

Although having said that I would just love to be able to whip it out and pee anywhere......................:p :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

jet_noseover
22nd Apr 2006, 00:30
I've seen women whip out their boob anywhere to feed their offspring.....

Whipping goes both ways. :)

So there.
:ok:

G-CPTN
22nd Apr 2006, 00:32
I would love to see a man do half as much as a working mum in the day and in the evening still tidy the house, cook dinner, do the washing, ironing, bath the children, read to them, put them to bed, get things ready for the morining rush to school and have 5 mins to herself to unwind before she collapses into bed to start again at 0600 the next day every day of the year for a long long time. TnT
TnT, believe me, we men COULD if we WANTED to, but it's just too BORING. That's why we leave it to the weaker sex, who feel fulfilled.
MEN, on the other hand need stimulating activities like motorcycling or tinkering with machinery to achieve real satisfaction. :ok:

jet_noseover
22nd Apr 2006, 00:51
Man will take the kids motorcycling, play with machinery (read: build an airplane out of legos) while the wives do what they like. Ironing or scrapbooking for example. Both sexes satisfied.
I found in most cases, man take as much pleasure of taking care of "motherly" duties as woman.

TnT, seems you got a shorter end of a stick.:{
Your arguments sound as if women are slaves.

jet_noseover
22nd Apr 2006, 01:05
That's why we leave it to the weaker sex,

I do not know about this one G-CPTN. Could you handle a mammogram? They make pancakes out of thy boobies. Witnessed a birth?
More man than woman would squirm at the site of snakes or spiders.

Gone to the dentist lately? That's a real winner..

Well, maybe phisically the ladies are weaker.....

sprocket
22nd Apr 2006, 09:34
:D :D :D :D Foss, that list of yours made my day.

rupert the bear
22nd Apr 2006, 09:55
In energy terms, a woman sets the stage in her body for chronic vulvar, vaginal, or urinary problems when she lacks the courage or for other reasons feels unable to change the negative aspects of an unhealthy relationship. In adulthood, when a woman stays in a relationship with someone she doesn’t respect or even like, because she is afraid to leave — for whatever reason, be it fears about financial or physical insecurity, about being single, or about her own dependence — she is participating as a prostitute archetype. If she continues to have sex with someone whom she doesn’t respect or love, she is participating in an energy pattern that is associated with chronic vaginal, cervical, or vulvar problems.

OK Bloke:hmm:

Foss
22nd Apr 2006, 10:16
Sprocket

Cheers mate, of course if my girlfriend sees that, my dismembered corpse will be discovered wrapped in binliners around the county. My corpse wouldn't be in the bin because she never takes it out, and I wouldn't be buried in the garden because gardening is my job, which is difficult if you're dismembered.
:D

Fos

helidecks
22nd Apr 2006, 15:40
Bloke, no doubts, after witnessing the g/f having a leg wax :eek:

Looks and feels :E

But how do they go through that pain every 6 weeks? :confused:

G-CPTN
22nd Apr 2006, 15:44
In energy terms, a woman sets the stage in her body for chronic vulvar, vaginal, or urinary problems when she lacks the courage or for other reasons feels unable to change the negative aspects of an unhealthy relationship.
What idiot put the sewage works next to the playground?

Foss
22nd Apr 2006, 17:16
Helideck
You could show some empathy and go for an @ss, crack and back. Your beloved could wipe the tears from your eyes. :{

Fos :D

Confabulous
22nd Apr 2006, 19:42
I think I'll stick to being a bloke, simply because we worry a lot less.

tilewood
22nd Apr 2006, 19:48
I just want to play with my train set!! :p

G-CPTN
22nd Apr 2006, 19:56
Do old ladies have more fun than old men?

Foss
23rd Apr 2006, 11:55
Yes, because more often than not they're alive and the old bloke has died.

Fos

kookabat
23rd Apr 2006, 14:31
Good point that...

Onan the Clumsy
23rd Apr 2006, 14:34
...nagged to death :sad:

chuks
23rd Apr 2006, 19:31
I remember the Seventies, when I had a girlfriend who was on my case about 'not being in touch with my feminine side.' Not like that nice, sensitive fellah she found who took my place (he-he), at least until she became tired of him bursting into tears or whatever. I never did find out how that one worked out.

Then there was this sibling who treasured gay people because 'they have a really healthy lifestyle.'

'What about AIDS, then?' was my incredulous reply.

'Oooh, I didn't mean THAT of course!'

'Well, what did you mean?'

'Oh, just that the way they act, I think they feel good about themselves.'

I got the definite feeling she had been listening to one too many 'Wings' albums there, but what do I know?

I used to play darts with this rather powerfully built Englishwoman. She was something big in Catering in Lagos, Nigeria and ran her own kitchen. She could have snapped me in two like a breadstick, probably, given that I was raised never to strike a woman plus I was usually in a state of babbling drunkenness by the end of a darts match.

So one night we were locked in mortal combat playing '501.' I was using psychological warfare, being an absolute male chauvinist pig plus seeming to pay zero attention to my darts while managing to stay just that little bit ahead all the way to the last dart at the 'best of five' end of the match. The madder she got the worse she played, of course, and I needed that edge. As I planted that final double 17 I just murmured, 'Well, i guess that settles that question,' and turned away.

'And what question might that be, then?' was my partner's query in return. It got very quiet in the bar as everyone waited to see the final act of this little soap opera. Was one of the major jerks of the Ikeja scene about to pay for his sins, all of them at once?

'Oh, you know... whether men are superior to women, that sort of thing...'

You could see her counting to ten while she decided whether to turn me into a greasy spot or not. Then she just turned on her heel and went through the back door, slamming it so hard that the frame almost came out of the cheap cement wall.

The next week a mutual friend told me, 'You know you almost got punched out there! She was really spitting tacks when I spoke to her later.'

'Yeah, dammit! I would never have had to buy another drink in that bar again. Beaten up in a bar by a woman! I would have been FAMOUS!'

What a jerk, eh? So, ladies, for what it is worth, you have my sympathy, having to put up with behaviour like mine. Of course later I got married, so that life did get even with me, sort of. There is justice, unfortunately for me.

TheKentishFledgling
23rd Apr 2006, 21:00
FOR HER

8.15 Wake up to hugs and kisses.
8.30 Weigh in 2Kg lighter than yesterday.
8.45 Breakfast in bed, freshly squeezed orange juice and croissants
-open Presents - expensive jewellery chosen by thoughtful partner.
9.15 Soothing hot bath with frangipani bath oil.
10.30 Facial, manicure, shampoo, condition, blow dry.
10.00 Light work out at club with handsome funny personal trainer.
10.30 Facial, manicure, shampoo, condition, blow dry.
12.00 Lunch with best friend at fashionable outdoor cafe.
12.45 Catch sight of husband/boyfriend's ex and notices she has gained 17kg.
1.00 Shopping with friends, unlimited credit.
3.00 Nap.
4.00 Three dozen roses delivered by florist, card is from secret admirer.
4.15 Light work out at club, followed by massage from strong but gentle
hunk,who says he rarely gets to work on such a! perfect body.
5.30 Choose outfit from expensive designer wardrobe, parade before
full-length mirror.
7.30 Candle lit dinner for two followed by dancing, with compliments received from other diners/dancers.
10.00 Hot shower (alone).
10:50 Carried to bed. (Freshly ironed, crisp, new, white linen).
11.00 Pillow talk, light touching and cuddling.
11.15 Fall asleep in his big strong arms.

THE PERFECT DAY - FOR HIM

6.00 Alarm.
6.15 Blow job.
6.30 Massive satisfying dump while reading the sports section.
7.00 Breakfast: rump steak and eggs, coffee and toast, all cooked by
naked, buxom wench who bends over a lot showing her growler.
7.30 Limo arrives.
7.45 Several Beers en-route to airport.
9.15 Flight in personal Lear Jet.
9.30 Limo to Mirage Resort Golf Club (blow job en-route).
9.45 Play front nine - 2 under.
11.45 Lunch - Pie, chips and gravy, 3 lagers and a bottle of Dom Perignon.
12.15 Blow job.
12.30 Play back nine - 4 under.
2.15 Limo back to the airport (Several Bourbons).
2.30 Fly to Cairns.
3.30 Late afternoon fishing excursion with all female crew, all nude who also bend over a lot displaying growlers.
4.30 Land world record Marlin (1234lbs) - on light tackle.
5.00 Fly home, massage and hand job by naked Elle McPherson (bending over naturally).
6.45 S**t, Shower, and Shave.
7.00 Watch news: Michael Jackson assassinated; cannabis legalised.
7.30 Dinner: lobster appetisers, Dom Perignon (1953), big juicy fillet
steak followed by Ice cream served on a big pair of t*ts.
9.00 Napoleon Brandy and Habanos cigar in front of wall-size TV as you
watch match of the day; your favourite team beating The Gunners by 6 goals,
three of them own goals by Martin Keown.
9.30 Sex with three women (all with lesbian tendencies... some bending over)
11.00 Massage and Jacuzzi with tasty pizza snacks and cleansing ale.
11.30A night cap blow job
11.45 In bed alone.
11.50 A 22 second fart which changes note 4 times and forces the dog to leave the room.
11.51 Laugh yourself to sleep.

tKF

Foss
24th Apr 2006, 13:33
TKF

:} Excellent.

I've got an edurcation yer know, I shouldn't be reeding this kind of drivvel.

I should be out mowing the bloody lawn

Fos