PDA

View Full Version : MAC - Leopard

scruggs
20th Apr 2006, 21:04
Hi,

I posted a while back as I was thinking of taking the plunge and buying my first mac. However, I found out that sooner rather than later they would be releasing a new iBook. Now I'm reading about the new operating system - Leopard.

I was going to wait for the new iBook, but should I wait for the new OS to be released as well?

Cheers guys,

eP.

Daysleeper
21st Apr 2006, 18:44
Tough call, there is always something new round the next corner.

It is probably worth waiting for the intel macbook to come out, less obvious whether to wait for the OS. Its an easy job to upgrade the OS and you can always do so at a later date when you have a few quid spare.

Apple are always very cadgey about when new products will be released so its your call.

I'm just about to buy an intel Imac, not worried about waiting for Leopard, Tiger is already a very good OS.

scruggs
22nd Apr 2006, 17:07
Cheers mate,

I'll be waiting for the new intel iBook, but think I'll get it as soon as its released rather than wait for the new OS.

eP.

scruggs
19th May 2006, 14:36
Anyone else ordered the new macbook yet. I just think it’s a great spec for the price. Hopefully it will live up to expectations. It’s my first mac, so I'm kind of looking forward to it with a little bit of intrepidation.

We shall have to wait and see.....

eP.

Disguise Delimit
23rd May 2006, 08:49
You'll love it. You don't see many complaints on this forum about Macs, just moans about PCs and Windoze.

In my home office I have 3 Macs - a Graphite G3 iMac, recently pensioned off and no longer in pride of place on the desk, but it did sterling work for 4 years.
A G4 Powerbook, lovely piece of gear but starting to look a bit slow. Two years old.
A G5 iMac with 20" screen, love of my life. Using Airport for broadband.

When I decided to get the G5, I didn't know the dual Intels were on the way, I was in too much of a blood rush to slow down and wait. No regrets, I have had 6 months of use before they were available anyway.