PDA

View Full Version : Atlas buying into Air Atlanta and vice versa???

jokeair
20th Apr 2006, 20:20
Anybody heard any rumours that Atlas is buying a share in AAI and AAI geting shares in Atlas?:eek:

alexb757
22nd Apr 2006, 06:59
Yes, I heard.

But what's so new about rumors nowadays? They're a dime a dozen!!! Especially pilot rumors........:)

Casio
25th Apr 2006, 17:52
Does anybody know how Atlanta is doing right now? I knew that they had cash flow problems last autum, has it been fixed? I'm wondering if there are any assets for Atlanta to trade with Atlas Air.

Casio

alexb757
26th Apr 2006, 01:27
They're doing just fine.....recalled some crews and new contracts all around!

Podunk
29th Apr 2006, 13:17
Hard to believe that Atlas will be buying ANY part of Air Atlanta. Air Atlanta is part of the Avion Group. In order for them to buy in - Avion Group would have to split AAI off from the group, a feat not likely to occur as long as Avion is listed on the Icelandic Exchange.

T'is more likely that there is some sort of agreement coming whereby Atlas tries to insinuate themselves into existing contracts. They have wanted back into KL for a long time for MAS.

Might be a rough time for AAI guys on the fixed base contract in KL. Hope not for their sake! :ugh:

edited for spelling...... I hate it when I grow fat fingers.

Paladini
30th Apr 2006, 14:46
Podunk,

I think you will find that Atlas can buy as much of AAI as they can get their hands on through the Icelandic Stock Exchange (ICEX), but the shares are a public offering and they'd have to get in line behind a huge line of Icelandic investors intent on a sure thing. Air Atlanta Icelandic is NOT going anywhere soon. :ok:

Clipper7
4th May 2006, 08:05
I've heard this deal is in the making...

Casio
4th May 2006, 19:29
No Paladini, Podunk is correct. Avion is listed on the Icelandic Stock Exchange, not Atlanta, so Atlas can't just buy Atlanta there...

Casio

alexb757
5th May 2006, 05:58
Gentlemen,
Just to clear up a few things, the Avion Group is a diverse group of transport/logistics companies, one of which happens to be Air Atlanta Icelandic. Indeed, there is even a UK division called Air Atlanta Europe.
The Avion group recently had an IPO and is listed on the Icelandic stock exchange. All of the above is fact, so any outsider would have to work within the confines of this structure.
From all acounts seen so far, AAI and the group as a whole is very healthy.

jokeair
6th May 2006, 00:42
Rumours say that Air Atlanta Icelandic will be sold out of Avion Group and 49% of AAI shares will be sold to Atlas and AAI will get 17% in Atlas.
Interresting times ahead:hmm:
P.S. Atlas will not take over KL base anytime soon, there is a courtbattle going on in KL between Atlas and MAS.

Podunk
8th May 2006, 04:58
Glad to hear KL base is relatively safe for a while.

Wanted to walk over to the Atlas -400 in Shanghai to try on the right seat and get to know me new mates, but :mad: PVG security wouldn't let me board without the Atlas crew there.:eek:

All names were taken
12th May 2006, 06:32
Talked to a captain the other day on a flight and he confirmed that Atlas and AAI are working on a merger, wheather this means Atlas buys AAI or viece versa I do not know. From what he said Atlas needs a foothold in Europe. Also there are talks about the Airbuses flying for Etihad might be soaked up into Etihad as well, though no deal is finalized. Would make sence since the fleet would then be all B747. Oh well time will thell.