PDA

View Full Version : Little help on A/C DOC's. Gaunty Maybe???

morning mungrel
20th Apr 2006, 04:02
Some questions for those that know....... I need some ball park figures for Direct Operating Costs for some aircraft. Don't have to be spot on, and I don't want the manufacturers lies either. Some info from those who might have operated same.

1. King Air 200/300/350
2. Beech 1900D
3. Metro 23
4. Conquest 425/441
5. Cheyenne 3 or 400

Open to other ideas, the gist is to transport 6 to 10 or maybe 12 people and equipment up to 1000 to 1200 miles, hence the Metro/1900 idea. Aircraft may also be used for equipment only. Not in Australia. I realise that several of the a/c won't do all the above at the same time, but some give and take is possible.

Gaunty, since you are the font of all knowledge Cessna, is/was there a Citation model that was available with a gravel/unprepared strip kit? Or am I thinking of the Hawker? If so, what model, and DOC's?
This is a "fishing" expedition to the potential establishment of an in house flight operation. All I want are some ball park figures, as the specifics of the operation are still being worked out.

Thanks in advance.

get_over_it
20th Apr 2006, 04:39
http://www.planequest.com/operationcosts/default.asp ;) (all US$ though)

Hugh Jarse
20th Apr 2006, 06:07
MM

Gaunty's out gallivanting around the countryside at the mo'. B'stard:8

So he might not get back to you for a few days......:E If he goes back:}

Arm out the window
20th Apr 2006, 06:28
That's a handy link, get_over_it - for those who do run their own machines and have seen that site, is it reasonably close to the mark for your type if you convert to Aussie dollars?

morning mungrel
20th Apr 2006, 07:15
Get Over It.

You Da Man!!

Thanks. Very useful. Got all I wanted except 2. Now, any ideas on the Metro 23 or Beech 1900 Guys?

medwun
20th Apr 2006, 08:04
Mungrel

Might be worth having a look at the PC 12. That's if your intended ops allow single engine aircraft.

It is a go anywhere aircraft and very cheap to run compared to some of the others you listed.

If you want more info PM me and I'll provide any info you need.

Cheers

bushy
20th Apr 2006, 08:16
That's a handy link, get_over_it - for those who do run their own machines and have seen that site, is it reasonably close to the mark for your type if you convert to Aussie dollars?

I wish I could buy fuel at those prices.

i would also add the cost of the capital needed to buy the machine.

morning mungrel
22nd Apr 2006, 10:39
To all who gave something, thanks. Jarse, that figures, the one time you need him...... probly out looking at King Airs;) Medwun, I did consider the PC, and will PM you on that. Bushy, you can't, I had to adjust the fuel prices on that site. Jet A is 4 bucks a gallon at the pump over there now.

Anyone help with the B1900 or Metro 23 figures?? Huh? Huh?

Chimbu chuckles
22nd Apr 2006, 11:13
Interesting site....but don't take it as fact.

I compared their figures on the Dassault falcon 200 Bizjet and they were MILES out.

When I was CP of a Falcon 200 operation in Sin our actual operating costs were roughly 2.5 times their figures all in USD. Our utilisation was double their figure too so if we'd been operating to the same average utilisation our fixed cost/hr would have been astronomically higher....even allowing for our staff costs, which they don't seem to have added in, only adds approx USD600/hr on our utilisation...but the difference between their figure for the falcon and what we actually experienced was USD2200/hr more...and I am talking 5 yrs ago.

morning mungrel
22nd Apr 2006, 11:28
yeah, I figured it might be like that CC. I guess it comes from it being a voluntary thing. If you only have one or two examples to go from, the difference can be large, statistically, the greater the number of examples the better the average. As I pointed out to bushy, the fuel costs are way off. Gave me a point to start from tho, and that's what I'm after. Not going to be my money tho anyhow!:eek: