View Full Version : Liberty Technologies: Mini-500 reborn ?

Ian Corrigible
20th Apr 2006, 00:11
According to this article (http://www.amtonline.org/section_display.cfm?section_id=15&news_ID=1590), a new start-up helicopter company - Liberty Technologies - is to build a family of small turbine helicopters, including one- and two-seaters. Given that Richard Stitt is involved, is this just another rebirth of the turbine Mini-500 ?

(The city funding the project seems a little nervous: "City officials, concerned about claims in other states against the owner of Liberty Technologies, included an indemnity clause in its agreements." :suspect: )

I/C

Gerhardt
20th Apr 2006, 00:45
I've read the negative campaign of articles against him and the mini-500. Rebirthing that deathtrap can't be good for anyone involved.

Darren999
20th Apr 2006, 20:37
We have 2 of the mini 500's in our hangar, and they are very small!! One of our lads hovered one, from the front they sound like a helicopter, from the back they sound like a snow mobile.You can only put 260lbs in the cabin too!! The chap bought 2 to fly once he passed his test. We talked him out of that and into a Bell47.... There have been a series of problem with the mini 500's I have heard