PDA

View Full Version : SVG Air

My Name is Earl
19th Apr 2006, 23:52
Would like to get some feed back from anyone currently working or recently have worked there. Interested to know your opinions on maint of equip. , and company atmosphere. Would also like to know the general cost to live there as far as food etc goes.

SoftTop
23rd Apr 2006, 10:25
Only flown with them as SLF (last december), so comments are from the customer persective.

Our outbound leg from Barbados to Bequia was cancelled and we were put on a flight a couple of hours later. It seems that their flight ops people look at the pax load for the following day at about 1800Hrs. If it's seen as uneconomic to run the leg(s) they consolidate onto later flights and sometimes even other operators in the loose confederation that they seem to have. That might result in fewer flying hours than rostered.

I didn't find the delay a problem - mainly because we got to our destination in time for the full moon barbeque!! Result!

The return leg, a couple of weeks later, saw the skipper spend quite some time (in flight) trying to sort out the FO's ceiling mounted fan. I have to say that if that's all we have to worry about, there's nothing to worry about.

Let's face it, the guys are flying over considerable stretches of water with monotonous regularity and if they had any qualms about dodgy maintenance - would they fly?

Go for it. The place and the people are great.

If I could up sticks tomorrow, I would go there. :ok:

ST

B Sousa
24th Apr 2006, 01:40
www.svgair.com
Just for info

wings87
15th May 2006, 14:50
Hi everyone!!
Any idea on what conditions at SVG (Salary, life in St Vincent etc..)
I have applied and hopefully will get the job, have experience already in this part of the world, fingers crossed!!
Thanks to let me know!!:ok: