PDA

View Full Version : A good English music radio stations on ADF?

RAPA Pilot
19th Apr 2006, 19:45
Bit bored trogging from Jersey to UK main land day in and day out. Does anyone know a good English music radio station I can tune into on the ADF to while away the hour?
Cheers
RP

Pilot Pete
19th Apr 2006, 21:32
And which newspaper will you be writing your article for................?;)

Tight Slot
19th Apr 2006, 22:13
bugger mono off, use an i pod or other good MP3. Or you could do what I do and take along your own banjo or sax. Hours of fun. Make sure you're not PNF though, you might miss the odd RT call

RAPA Pilot
20th Apr 2006, 13:57
And which newspaper will you be writing your article for................?
Sorry Pilot Pete, dont understand your banter. It was a straight forward question.

Tite Slot. I'm never PNF coz its single crew and no automatics so gotta keep it simple.
So, any ideas?????
RP

SixDelta
20th Apr 2006, 14:18
675 khz, Dutch channel that plays some top rock :D

Comes in hand in a long boring cruise.

frostbite
20th Apr 2006, 16:05
The one on 1008khz does play some good (mostly 'old') music and the adverts aren't too annoying when you can't understand them.

Pilot Pete
20th Apr 2006, 19:19
Sorry Pilot Pete, dont understand your banter. It was a straight forward question.

Tite Slot. I'm never PNF coz its single crew and no automatics so gotta keep it simple.

OK, so I give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you are not trawling for a 'pilot shock horror' story for a local rag. If that is not the case and you are a genuine Single Pilot operator, I would suggest the best thing you could do for your career prospects is to listen to boring old London Control and forget your idea of listening into commercial radio on your ADF. I'm sure your Chief Pilot and the Aviation Authority under whose juristiction you operate would take a similar view.:rolleyes:

PP

Impress to inflate
20th Apr 2006, 20:32
While plodding low level oner the North Sea, I may at some point by mistake have tuned into Virgin 1215 on the ADF, I was completley profesional about it and found the right frequency. I have since found out that it also plays good music. You can rest assured that I am extra carful when tuning in the ADF at that sort of freq range not to have it on TOO LONG for ident :ok:

360BakTrak
20th Apr 2006, 20:53
Is pilot pete in the wrong forum?! Good grief man.......LIGHTEN UP!

SixDelta
20th Apr 2006, 23:03
Jeez Pete i'll bet your a laugh in a long cruise! :rolleyes:

colmac747
20th Apr 2006, 23:09
Did you know............

.......if you swapped the P's from Pilot Pete's username, you'd get Pilot Pete again?

:}

Pilot Pete
21st Apr 2006, 01:01
Can't find where it was moved from, but it didn't start in Jet Blast, hence I couldn't quite believe this guy was for real!

Have fun in Jet Blast, I'll get my coat now......:ouch:

PP

360BakTrak
21st Apr 2006, 07:48
We'll let you off then!;)

RAPA Pilot
21st Apr 2006, 14:10
Jesus Pilot Pete.
How patronising.
You think that just because I work single crew I am some inexperienced no nothing pilot desparate to fly a big jet, and that couldn't be futher from the truth, so please wind your neck in. I already discussed some fqs on the ADF with my chief and he only new five live so he could listen to the cricket.
Sorry I didn't put it in the right forum. Please forgive my oversight.
RP

Pilot Pete
21st Apr 2006, 14:27
Your unprofessional attitude has found the correct forum now, so I'll leave you to it.....just keep out of the airspace the professionals are in whilst you're listening to your ADF.....:rolleyes:

SixDelta
21st Apr 2006, 15:43
Are you suggesting that anyone who listens to a radio channel on the ADF is unprofessional?

Would you be incapable of listening to two things at once then?

and as for JetBlast being unprofessional...........how dare you! :D