PDA

View Full Version : Snow Patrol

d2k73
19th Apr 2006, 15:19
I downloaded the new snow patrol album yesterday (no illegal downloading argument please, i'll buy the real thing when it comes out on May 1st)
and holy jeebus what an album! If your arsin around today and want something to listen to download "Set The Fire To The Third Bar" a duet with Martha Wainwright. Tis truly magical!

Go Smoke
19th Apr 2006, 16:41
d2k73,

Thanks for the heads up. Checked it out - tis indeed good.

You might like Martha Wainwrights album that came out recently.
It's a really very fine thing.
I can send you a couple of tracks if you're interested (pm me if so)

GS

joe2812
19th Apr 2006, 17:04
Thanks for that, i'll go 'buy' it also.

:ok:

Foss
19th Apr 2006, 18:18
Snow Patrol are not half bad, even if they are from Downpatrick.

Just so you now, on their 'thanks' list on Final Straw they thank 'everyone who has bought this record and not just downloaded it for free for free off t'net'.

Fos

Paracab
19th Apr 2006, 21:38
Thanks for that, will have a listen. I'm a bit of Snow Patrol fan and have been looking forward to their new material, the last album is a modern classic IMHO.

d2k73
19th Apr 2006, 23:56
Just so you now, on their 'thanks' list on Final Straw they thank 'everyone who has bought this record and not just downloaded it for free for free off t'net'.

I have the real versions of all their records including all the reindeer section stuff, and have already pre-purchased the new album to make sure i get it in time! I dont agree so much with illegal downloading, but i certainly dont agree with a record company charging me 25 for a record that costs them 60 cents to make (recording, promo..etc..averaged out per CD).

Anyway, bein listnin to it all day today and I cant get enough of it! I love final straw but i like this record more!

If you haven't already, make sure you check out "The Reindeer Section"!

BombayDuck
20th Apr 2006, 03:33
Thanks for the headsup! Now to find a copy here in India....

halo
20th Apr 2006, 05:35
I thought this thread was going to be about people wandering around the Arctic Circle in camouflaged gear..

Instead it's about indie dullards ;)

d2k73
20th Apr 2006, 11:54
I thought this thread was going to be about people wandering around the Arctic Circle in camouflaged gear..
Instead it's about indie dullards ;)

Your hillarious! I wanna be as funny as you when i grow up.....

acbus1
20th Apr 2006, 13:26
I'll try anything once.....anyone got a link, please, a long as it's legal? (I've had a quick Google and found no free samples....don't know much about downloading audio).

God knows, we need some decent new stuff these days. It really is dire.

Parapunter
20th Apr 2006, 14:07
Snow Patrol? I watched them at V a couple of years back & the best thing I can remember was the hairy old crooner recommending some other band. So we took his advice & went off to see them there & then. Much better than SP they were too.:}

Foss
20th Apr 2006, 19:20
d2k73

I'll make sure to get a copy.

Northern Ireland accent sounds weird in a song 'I am beside you deeeeeearrr'
etc.

you know what I mean.
Fos

Paracab
21st Apr 2006, 03:13
[QUOTE][/QUOTEI thought this thread was going to be about people wandering around the Arctic Circle in camouflaged gear..

Instead it's about indie dullards ]up

Mate, if you think Snow Patrol are anything to do with Indie then you need to take yourself outside for a stern word.

Why is it that someone has to come along and interrupt a really nice little thread that has nothing to do with them? Really bloody annoys me!

Solid Rust Twotter
21st Apr 2006, 06:29
Errmmm...

Public forum?:confused:

markflyer6580
21st Apr 2006, 14:40
They suck!:p

d2k73
21st Apr 2006, 22:33
They suck!:p

Good calculated input into this discussion! I bet you even know your ABCs!

markflyer6580
22nd Apr 2006, 11:03
Now then, ABC were better than snow patrol for a start:}

In my audiophile/music snob opinion,they are just another whiny band jumping on the coldplay/keane/travis etc bandwagon and I can't stand that stuff,if its any consolation they are far better than the above mentioned bands-they really do suck:ok:

Gingerbread Man
22nd Apr 2006, 11:13
Your hillarious!

His hilarious? Where?! Is that a slightly more intense arm bone?

I'll be on my way.

Ginger ;)

(BTW, just so that I don't completely drift your thread - I quite like the band)

Gouabafla
22nd Apr 2006, 11:56
Slight thread creep, but give this a try.

Everything Sounds Like Coldplay Now (http://www.everythingsoundslikecoldplaynow.com/).

d2k73
22nd Apr 2006, 14:20
Slight thread creep, but give this a try.
Everything Sounds Like Coldplay Now (http://www.everythingsoundslikecoldplaynow.com/).

Thats been played on paramount comedy a few times! Tis quite funny indeed!