PDA

View Full Version : what hotel to shoose in sharm el sheikh??

jur99llk
19th Apr 2006, 12:29
Hi everybody, please I need heeeeeelp!

I´m planning to spend a week holiday in SSH in October , but I´ve never been there before (as a cabin crew i´ve just seen sharm el sheikh airport like a hundred times.... :) ), and there are so many different hotels in the brochures and they all look so good that I can´t decide. That´s why I need some advise from people who have already been there.
I´m really looking for an unforgetable holiday... with girlfriend. :-)
- Fantastic hotel.
- Long SANDY beach is a must (I have enough stones here in Brighton beach! :-)
- I need 100% relaxation, and snorkeling possibly too.
- Full board or All Inclusive is important.

thank you very much. Feel free to suggest hotel and anything else!

TSR2
19th Apr 2006, 23:04
Strongly recommend the Concorde El Salam Hotel.

All inclusive 5 star beachfront location hotel. Friendly staff, good food and all the water activities you could wish for.

airmemphis
21st Apr 2006, 00:04
I've lost count the number of times I've visited Sharm El Sheikh and I've usually stayed at the The Hilton Fairouz which is a fantastic hotel/resort located on Na'ama Bay (resort centre). The staff are great, the food is fantastic, the rooms are spotless, you have a private beach and the wide ranging facilities means you can spend a great holiday without having to leave the hotel (but there's a lot to do in Sharm which you shouldn't miss out on from desert safaris to diving).

johno617tonka
28th Apr 2006, 18:19
the LTI grand azure is where i stayed year last november.......... fantastic place... abit on the big side and a little too full of russians ( but you soon learn to observe their fantastic drees sense !! puts a british seventies night to shame........!!!) beach isn't exactly sandy.... more like 'shingly' but not totally.... there is a fair amount of sandy parts to it with no problems finding one....
try this link from ' holiday truths' it goes on a bit, but will give you the best idea ( IE listen to early posts but notice difference as it goes on 52 pages )
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=5673
i did have some pictures too if you would like them sent to you........
regards
J6T

CherokeeDriver
2nd May 2006, 09:22
The reviews on tripadvisor.com are pretty accurate. We stayed at the Ritz-Carlton which is out on the penninsular. Meets all of your criteria, excpet the beach is whack. Excellent diving pontoon though! The RC is quite expensive, but we got a deal. If we go again we'd try the 4 seasons if we could get a deal!

MarkD
2nd May 2006, 13:18
eh... no worries about the security situation then?

airmemphis
2nd May 2006, 16:00
eh... no worries about the security situation then?

Thankfully the recent events haven't had too much of a negative effect. The companies we deal with have reported only 5% cancellations with new booking being made as normal (considering the next 2 months are the quiet tourist period). People are more resilient to these events as they're indiscriminate and can happen anywhere. If jur99llk still plans to go then I'm sure s/he will have a great time.