PDA

View Full Version : Selling a Car - Canvassers

acbus1
19th Apr 2006, 12:01
Selling a car at the mo.

No buyers, but loads of calls from canvassers.

I've been hanging up on them, to save on blood pressure.

However, you're a mean bunch (based upon a recent thread......sardines in vents, spuds up exhausts etc).

How can I really screw these parasites without working myself into a frenzy of fuming anger, please?

(BTW, putting "no canvassers" or "N/C" in the advert will rob me of some of my allocated maximum number of characters. Apart from which, I'm thinking there may be some fun potential here. :E )

OCCWMF
19th Apr 2006, 12:06
Make a recording of yourself pretending to be hard of hearing and play it whenever they ring.

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Apr 2006, 12:22
Abbreviate "go away in an erotic manner" and use it when they call.

Short and sweet.

Buster Cherry
19th Apr 2006, 12:30
Waste as much of their time as you can. For each minute that you waste means several potential customers that will not be reached. Make Telemarketing unprofitable. Hanging up only increases the changes for them to make a sale. Don't let this happen!

See how many times you can put them on hold. First make sure you get the name of the person you are talking to, because sooner or later they will hang up. Then if they call you again, you can express your righteous indignation at being hung up on, and let them know you were going to buy/contribute, but given the rudeness of ... you have decided not to. They key to this one is make the time they have to hold fairly short. After 30 seconds or so tell them you have to turn down the stove and put them on hold for 45 secs. On returning, ask them to start their pitch again. Every time you return have them restart their pitch. Some good excuses for putting them on hold for a short while: the kids are fighting, the pet needs to go in/out, the baby is into ?, someone is at the door, you have a call on another line....

PileUp Officer
19th Apr 2006, 14:32
I wish someone would ring me once in a while :ugh:

frostbite
19th Apr 2006, 15:09
Pretend to be mad (some find this quite easy).

Ask when they're going to fix the fence they backed into, what they're going to do about getting your daughter pregnant (and she's only 13)..............

airborne_artist
19th Apr 2006, 16:01
Put the car on Ebay instead. Very few non-payers, excellent prices paid, and no tyre-kickers or canvassers. Just insist on cash or telegraphic transfer for payment.

AnEviltwinEr
19th Apr 2006, 16:52
What to do to canvassers, part one:

Canvass them! Get their name, and sign them up on their own products!

;):E:}

ORAC
19th Apr 2006, 17:02
Hmm, I wonder if there's any mileage in getting a premium rate number, advertising a car for sale using it and wait for the calls and the sheckels to roll in, sit there chatting to them for as long as they like with a smile on your face...

(you can quickly hang up on any real callers telling them its gone and advertise it at a silly price/mileage so they won't call anyway)

frostbite
19th Apr 2006, 17:22
Use that same premium rate number on a 'How's my driving' sticker and go out and upset a lot of people.

G-CPTN
19th Apr 2006, 22:22
I treat all unwanted 'phone callers to my radio. I lay the handset near the speaker and they get 'hold' music interspersed with irrelevant conversation :E
Costs me nothing - I walk away and get on with my life (with a chortle). :ok:

Loose rivets
20th Apr 2006, 06:32
I walk away and get on with my life (with a chortle). :ok:

I've never been with a chortle:}

acbus1
20th Apr 2006, 06:43
Some say they're a real laugh.