PDA

View Full Version : Crew Rooms

airplanefreak
19th Apr 2006, 03:18
What do you do in the crew rooms for both Pilots and Flight attendants and where is the crew room? When we were checking for Virgin Atlantic at Heathrow I saw that there where these stairs leading up to some room with people commin out, they were directly beind the check in counters, was that a crew room?

Eddy
19th Apr 2006, 06:01
The offices behind checkin are more likely to be load control and close-outs. I'm pretty sure that they aren't crew rooms, as VS crew tend to check in within Queens Building. This building is also used by BMI and a few other airlines with large operations at Heathrow.

British Airways is an exception - they have their own report centre on the southern perimiter of the airport called Compass Centre.

What do we do there? We, um, get briefed for our flights, maybe have some lunch, watch some TV, you know - stuff.....

striparella
19th Apr 2006, 10:42
What do you do in the crew rooms for both Pilots and Flight attendants and where is the crew room? When we were checking for Virgin Atlantic at Heathrow I saw that there where these stairs leading up to some room with people commin out, they were directly beind the check in counters, was that a crew room?

Yeah what you saw was stairs to stock cupboards.

Why would the crew room be at check in?