PDA

View Full Version : Air Force One "Tagged"

Astrodome
18th Apr 2006, 22:09
Apparantly a grafitti artist broke into a US airbase and painted grafitti on Air Force one.

Here is a link to the video showing it happening !

http://www.stillfree.com/

Fg Off Max Stout
18th Apr 2006, 22:17
Darwin award candidate.

RatherBeFlying
18th Apr 2006, 22:48
Darwin Award??? Nah -- lifetime accommodation in Gitmo.:E

Jerricho
18th Apr 2006, 22:49
Word on the street tis fake.

wingman863
18th Apr 2006, 22:51
I read a post on the airliners.net forum about this earlier. It is obviously a hoax. Done as advertising for some guys clothing brand I think. I laughed weh I sw it but the comments in that other forum were equally hilarious. A load of right wing yanks saying how, "the guy should be shot for such an act against our great country," or something to that effect. There was one guy who had a bit of sense and told them all to go get a sense of humour.

brickhistory
18th Apr 2006, 22:54
Word on the street tis fake.

Indeed. Although I'd never say anything was fool-proof, the security for that particular a/c is about as good as it gets I would think.

The men with the sunglasses and earpieces really don't have a sense of humor. Neither does the dedicated military security force assigned to the a/c. Add in the local, state, and whatever base/airport police are involved as well as things unknown/unseen and I have a hunch that there would be a very loud 'bang' heard before someone got that close to the a/c.

Just my opinion, of course. Hey, wait, why are there black SUVs outsi.....

tall and tasty
18th Apr 2006, 22:55
Word on the street tis fakeone sincerely hopes so :p

TnT

Jerricho
18th Apr 2006, 23:03
Wingman, you are correct.

Marc Ecko has been around for a few years. Urban "kulcha" artist.

Makes nice jeans.

Buster Hyman
19th Apr 2006, 02:24
Lets just shoot him anyway....:E

con-pilot
19th Apr 2006, 02:41
It's fake. I've seen the security around Air Force One at Andrews AFB and when it has been on the road.

No way, no how.

Howard Hughes
19th Apr 2006, 02:46
If he is so keen to be notorious, let's arrest him and use the video as evidence......;)

con-pilot
19th Apr 2006, 02:55
Another clue on it being fake. Just where do you think where the two TV series about being the President of the United States get their pictures of Air Force One from? (Not to mention movies.)

There is an old 747 that has been painted to match the real Air Force One 747. With a bit of research one can find the 747 in question.

jet_noseover
19th Apr 2006, 03:22
Lets just shoot him anyway....:E
Nooooooooooooooo,
Not yet.
I like his jeans...
:} :} :}

swm
19th Apr 2006, 06:47
Fake - the fuel that goes into AF1 prior to being fed into the a/c has more security than the Queen!

vapilot2004
19th Apr 2006, 07:54
Of course it's a fake - no way the guy could even get within 50 Feet of Angel 1 - let alone close enough to spray paint anything. Even if he got over the fence he would , in a very short time have a mouth full of tarmac - among other problems.

There is an article on Flight Global that has A1 as a DC-25A (try VC-25) - I guess it was built in Long Beach - a few years back then ?

Also from Flight Global:

Spray painting the president's plan seemed like a great way to open a dialogue," he says

Wonder if the Prez ever takes his "plan" , folds it up and makes a ... ermmm.... plane :)

Gingerbread Man
19th Apr 2006, 11:43
the security for that particular a/c is about as good as it gets

I was under the impression that there were a whole bunch of potential AF1s (VC-25As if you want to get technical). Just like there's probably a few Marine 1s as well. I think when GWB went to have Thanksgiving in Iraq, they sent different VC-25As to different air force bases to confuse the press/spotters, so that they didn't realise one was missing.

Just where do you think where the two TV series about being the President of the United States get their pictures of Air Force One from?

I've got a feeling I saw Korean Air listed in the credits of an episode of The West Wing that featured AF1. That may be my memory playing tricks on me though.

Ginger ;)

Miraculix
20th Apr 2006, 05:34
Air Force One graffiti tagger admits to elaborate hoax.

http://www.flightglobal.com/Articles/2006/04/19/206062/Air+Force+One+graffiti+tagger+admits+to+elaborate+hoax.html

Loose rivets
20th Apr 2006, 05:44
Mmmm...not that secure. A little dicky bird told me that a certain entertainer form Las Vegas put a cloth over it. When the guards pulled it off, the plane had gone!

Buster Hyman
20th Apr 2006, 05:51
...That cloth didn't have a stain on it did it???:ugh:

Jerricho
20th Apr 2006, 11:44
Elaborate hoax?

Not that elaborate. Had ihe tried it for real, Mr Ecko would probably have lead poisoning. Hot lead.

ExSimGuy
20th Apr 2006, 11:55
It's fake. I've seen the security when it has been on the road.
I didn';t think 747s were allowed on the road:confused: I thought it was supposed to be "runway, air, runway" Or perhaps this particular 747 has dispensations?

(like those funny "roads" in Cyprus between Larnaca and Limassol, with the "removable centre barrier" and odd stripey threshold markings on the carriageway - "Turkey, we're ready for you":eek:

angels
20th Apr 2006, 11:59
Don't forget the ECP on the way from Changi into the CBD.

Same thing as Larnaca to Limassol -- apart from the fact Turkey would be hard pressed to invade Singers,

vapilot2004
20th Apr 2006, 22:21
Flight Global has since changed the manufacture of the president's aircraft from Long Beach (DC-25A) to Everett, Washington (VC-25) in a recent edit of their story. :}

I didn';t think 747s were allowed on the road:confused: I thought it was supposed to be "runway, air, runway" Or perhaps this particular 747 has dispensations?

(like those funny "roads" in Cyprus between Larnaca and Limassol, with the "removable centre barrier" and odd stripey threshold markings on the carriageway - "Turkey, we're ready for you":eek:

I believe CP was using a colloquial expression here - when the President is traveling about the US, he and his entourage are said to be "on the road". ;)

Ever heard of Chuck Kuralt ?

Howard Hughes
21st Apr 2006, 01:05
I was under the impression that there were a whole bunch of potential AF1s There are 2 747's that act as AF1. However I understand the name Air Force One applies to any aircraft that carries the president. If he flew in a tiger moth it would be called AF1.:ok:

ie: The day George landed on the aircraft carrier in that god awful flight suit, the callsign would have been AF1.

Actually, after a bit more research it was Navy 1, as it was a navy aircraft!

Jerricho
21st Apr 2006, 01:25
Hiward is correct. 2 747-200B's series aircraft (VC25As) with tail numbers 28000 and 29000. "Air Force 1" is the air traffic control callsign when the President is on board, otherwise it's SAM 28000 or SAM 29000.

Audio of Air Force 1 landing at Heathrow (http://www.fl400.com/RT/AF1-LHR.mp3)

con-pilot
21st Apr 2006, 04:22
I didn';t think 747s were allowed on the road I thought it was supposed to be "runway, air, runway" Or perhaps this particular 747 has dispensations?

Jezzzzzzz, a guy just can't get a break!:p

Gort
21st Apr 2006, 11:45
Thanks for linking the audio Jerico.That wouldn't happen to be you controling now would it? :hmm: