PDA

View Full Version : Is this Cannibalism?

Ozzy
18th Apr 2006, 13:38
Eating someone's, or yer own if yer not a bloke, placenta?:yuk:

Seems Tom Cruise plans to eat his wife's after she gives birth...

Ozzy

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 13:39
Id eat his wife.....

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 13:42
One can see the 'justification' of the mother consuming the placenta (said to offset post-natal depression), but the bloke doesn't qualify (except in the wild I suspect the 'dog' wouldn't say no to a share of the bitch's 'meal').
Difficult I'd say.
Wonder what 'vegetarian' creatures do? Leave it to the vultures?

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 13:46
Id eat his wife.....
Though shalt not covet thy neighbour's wife, nor his ass.
Doesn't say anything about your neighbour's wife's ass though . . . :E

PileUp Officer
18th Apr 2006, 14:12
in the wild I suspect the 'dog' wouldn't say no to a share of the bitch's 'meal'

Don't talk about Katie Holmes that way!

acbus1
18th Apr 2006, 14:25
Cruise is disgusting. :yuk:

My opinion of him unchanged, then.

Nobody mention fava beans and chianti. :uhoh:

BlueDiamond
18th Apr 2006, 14:30
Oh for heavens sake, acbus1 ... everyone knows you don't serve Chianti with placenta. :rolleyes:

strafer
18th Apr 2006, 14:32
Of course in the book it was fava beans and Amarone.

Which is a much more civilised way to eat someone's liver.

Foss
18th Apr 2006, 14:33
So is he going to bring a primus and a mess tin into the delivery room and have it there and then, or go sushi style and try it raw, or bring in a tupperware container to bring some home for a bit of stir fry.:}

Why on God's green Earth would you?
:yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Fos

airship
18th Apr 2006, 14:35
Wot's the big deal over Tom eating his wife's placenta anyway? It's just a sort of pizza innit :}

Ohhhhhh...Katie Holmes can't cook! If I had a wife who looked like her, I'd have her horizontal as often as possible and get Pizza Hut to deliver... :8

Foss
18th Apr 2006, 15:05
Was going to have pizza for dinner, don't think I will now.
Have to settle for the steak tartare.

Fos

acbus1
18th Apr 2006, 15:12
I can't stand that smell of anchovies.

Capt.KAOS
18th Apr 2006, 15:17
Can't wait to see the placenta placed on the placemats.

acbus1
18th Apr 2006, 15:17
Here's a preview, then.......

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/a8/Human_placenta_baby_side.jpg/300px-Human_placenta_baby_side.jpg

No idea why there's a hand attached.

tart1
18th Apr 2006, 15:20
Ah .......... placenta eating. I knew ladies (in my National Childbirth Trust days) who used to swear by this as a means of replacing nutrients lost during birth and staving off post-natal depression.
It was the ladies who used to eat it however.
Apparently it tastes quite like liver and is nice pan-fried with onions.
I think there is something so strange about the Cruise/Holmes pregnancy. Even her 'bump' doesn't look real. He is a very odd guy indeed. Poor Katie!! :uhoh:

acbus1
18th Apr 2006, 15:24
Ha! Solved it!

It's alimentary, my dear Holmes!

;)

jet_noseover
18th Apr 2006, 15:24
Placenta Roast:
All "food" should be properly cleaned prior to cooking, and all "food" should be properly cooked prior to eating.

This is a good recipe for placenta, which should NOT go to waste:

INGREDIENTS:
1 to 3 lb. placenta no more than 3 days old
1 large onion
1 large green or red pepper (green will add color to the presentation)
1 cup tomato sauce
1 sleeve of saltine crackers
1 tsp crab or shrimp seasoning
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp white pepper
1 clove garlic (roasted and minced)

DIRECTIONS:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Chop onion and green or red pepper in small cubes. Place in large bowl. Crush saltines into crumbs and add to onion and pepper cubes.

COMBINE IN LARGE BOWL:

Placenta, seafood seasoning, pepper, garlic, and tomato sauce. Place into aluminum loaf pan. Cover and bake for 1 and 1/2 hours, occasionally pouring off excess liquid. Retain liquid for gravy base if desired.

:}

Onan the Clumsy
18th Apr 2006, 15:26
When my cat had her kittens, I found the placenta and put it in a saucer for her. She gobbled it down instantly.

Seems quite sensible to me as leaving it in or near the nest would invite predators or disease, plus a mother with new offspring would not be able to roam far for the energy she needs.

So from an evolutionary standpoint it makes perfect sense, though humans have long ago released themselves from the shackles of a 'normal' life. Doubly so for celebrities.

ex_matelot
18th Apr 2006, 15:44
I cannot understand why shrimp seasoning would be further required in that recipe????:confused:

Placenta??..gaaarlic bread?? cheesecake..cheese AND cake??

Dirty bastards!!!

Spodman
18th Apr 2006, 17:34
Cannabalism is just this word you know. Like the Mega-cow in the Restaurant at the end of the Universe, if Katie really wants all or part of her to be eaten then she has the ability to make an informed consent for people to do so.

milehigh2006
18th Apr 2006, 17:37
Ewwwwwwwwwwwwww... disgusting !!!! :yuk: Someone help im abt to throw up LOL

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 17:44
When my cat had her kittens, I found the placenta and put it in a saucer for her. She gobbled it down instantly.
Did yer not fancy a piece yerself? Probably tastes like chicken liver (being from a cat :E ).

G-CPTN
18th Apr 2006, 17:46
So WHY do animals not consume their offspring (I know some do) - especially carnivores, after all the young actually MOVE, just like prey.

RaraAvis
18th Apr 2006, 19:11
One can see the 'justification' of the mother consuming the placenta (said to offset post-natal depression) Yeah, and don't walk under ladders and be afraid, be very afraid of black cats ....:rolleyes:

Sick, just sick.:yuk:

Onan the Clumsy
18th Apr 2006, 19:34
So WHY do animals not consume their offspring (I know some do) - especially carnivores, after all the young actually MOVE, just like prey.Do you have siblings of the same gender as the people you search for on a Saturday night?

tilewood
18th Apr 2006, 20:12
Could give 'cruising' a whole new meaning!! :yuk:

con-pilot
18th Apr 2006, 20:20
Surely this just a rumor.

(I know, I know, don't call me Shirley! :p )

G-CPTN
19th Apr 2006, 00:18
Baby girl delivered.
No news of the placenta as yet.

Foss
19th Apr 2006, 02:08
Thank you Acbus1.
Now I can feel guilty about about ruining my beloved's [email protected] when she has a rugby ball pushed through it to start a family, then have to wait for the pizza to arrive.:yuk:
Didn't realise it was going to be a 12 in deep base with extra sauce. :yuk:

I'm glad I'm a bloke. No way anyone is going to take a pair of garden shears and 'snip' anywhere near my perenirum (sp?). Is this what girls talk about when they go to the toilets together?

Just to make sure :yuk: :yuk: :yuk:

Fos

karrank
19th Apr 2006, 04:23
No way anyone is going to take a pair of garden shears and 'snip' anywhere near my perenirum Ah! but this is an opportunity! PERINEAL MASSAGE. Bit of almond oil on the thumbs & stretch the perinium every night. Usually led to something. Worked too, no tearing and no beaver cleaver.

tony draper
19th Apr 2006, 04:35
Larry Niven and Jerry Pournel wrote a good sci fi story about a critter on distant world who gave birth to many offspring to tide it over in lean times grubwise,they just killed and ate each other until only one was left to carry on the next generation,change of diet forrem when the settlers arrived of course,recal they called the critter Grendel,a noble and ancient name forra man eating monster,can't recal the name of the book now,but doubtless some prooner can be relied on to inform us.
:uhoh:

kansasw
19th Apr 2006, 06:35
Ye needn't read this if ye prefer to not. Holy Smokes, what a non-issue. The doc in the delivery room showed me the placenta, I said I would like to have it, I took it home and cooked it with some onions and garlic and there was never any problem for anybody. I prefer T-Bone, but would do it again. However I don't care to eat snails, they are slimy, yecccccccchhhhhhhh.

kansasw
19th Apr 2006, 06:36
doubtless some prooner can be relied on to inform us.

that be beowolf?

kansasw
19th Apr 2006, 06:56
Larry Niven and Jerry Pournel wrote a good sci fi story about a critter on distant world who gave birth to many offspring to tide it over in lean times grubwise,they just killed and ate each other until only one was left to carry on the next generation,change of diet forrem when the settlers arrived of course,recal they called the critter Grendel,a noble and ancient name forra man eating monster,can't recal the name of the book now,but doubtless some prooner can be relied on to inform us.

You neglect Theodore Sturgeon's "Some Of Your Blood." And a nasty one by Jerry about the legendary vaginadentata. Sumpin like a capoflabra or whatever they call it. chupacabra. sumpin like that.

tony draper
19th Apr 2006, 08:32
Hmmm, now one thinks about it didn't Steven King write a short story about a surgeon marooned on a desert Island along with all his kit scalpels, bandages, antibiotics and such,there was water on the said Island but no grub,so he survived by cutting his own leg off and eating it, sounds a bit like going agin the laws of thermo dynamics to me though.

Huck
19th Apr 2006, 08:37
When my father was born, the custom was to bury the placenta in the back yard for good luck.

My grandfather dropped it in a bucket and went out back to bury it. It was pitch black night, and he was running because he was so excited. He caught the clothesline right in the throat and dam' near decaptiated himself. Placenta went flying over the fence.

I promise.

tony draper
19th Apr 2006, 08:53
One does not know a great deal about sprogkind but one understands that some come into the world bearing a cowl,this is a flap of skin covering the eyes,this was highly prized by sailors as it was a infalable cure for drowning.
Superstisious nonesense of course,due to scientific progress, nowadays everybody knows that holding a small turnip in the left hand is the best way to avoid drowning.
:cool:

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Apr 2006, 09:29
Superstisious nonesense of course,due to scientific progress, nowadays everybody knows that holding a small turnip in the left hand is the best way to avoid drowning.

Particularly if the turnip remains in the ground on the farm 50 miles from the ocean.:ok:

jon s gull
19th Apr 2006, 12:34

How does one swim whilst one is holding a turnip?

Rushton
19th Apr 2006, 12:42
How does one swim whilst one is holding a turnip?

One transfers turnip to rearward facing receptacle (a neatly constructed orifice), pointy end down, - and swim as normal. Turnip then acts as a sort of beacon to aid resuers.

tony draper
19th Apr 2006, 12:43
Well one supposes if one can swim one is not in danger of drowning anyway.
Another rather strange supersticion at sea was that learning to swim was not a wise policy for seagoing chaps,twould only postpone the inevertable,better to plunge yer noggin under the briny and take a deep breath.

Solid Rust Twotter
19th Apr 2006, 13:09
A company one used to fly for was involved in Antarctic operations. Standing joke was in case of ditching we'd fight over who got the engineer's toolbox to get it all over with in a hurry.:eek:

acbus1
19th Apr 2006, 14:55
I'm guessing the Engineer's lunch box would be the last thing to go.

BaronChotzinoff
19th Apr 2006, 15:28
He might covet his wife's placenta, but he still won't be able to get into her knickers for a good while, whether he likes it or not.

G-CPTN
19th Apr 2006, 15:32
Unlike guinea-pigs.
Female was 'fertilised' despite seperating her from the 'villain' within minutes of giving birth to her first litter, so we had a SECOND litter!

airship
21st Apr 2006, 15:34
Well, Suri (http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/4921228.stm) was delivered. So, did he, or didn't he...?!

Rushton
21st Apr 2006, 15:42
"I'm sorry Mr Cruise can't comment at the moment as he had been feeling a little peckish, and has just nipped of for something to eat"

Smudger
21st Apr 2006, 18:52
I guess biting fingernails and eating bogeys is cannabalism too... so come on then.... own up......