PDA

View Full Version : An elevator ride in Budapest

knertius
18th Apr 2006, 10:12
this happened to me 4 days ago...
on my way to work, standing in the elevator in a hotel in Budapest in my spiffy uniform, 4 golden stripes blinding almost anything in sight, feeling very good about myself and life in general. It stops on the 2nd floor and a woman and her son (about 8 years old) enter. Looking at me the mother asks her son, "So what do you think this man does for a living?". My chest started swelling up and my hand was getting ready to pat the admiring young man on his head in anticipation of the only possible answer. BUT THEN....he answers," A LUGGAGE CARRIER??????"
The jawdrop was audible in the whole hotel! And to add insult to injury the mother looked at me with a straight face and said, "I think you´ve just been promoted!"
true story!!!! time to change jobs!!!

angels
18th Apr 2006, 10:14
You'd obviously forgotten to put on your watch.....:D

ThreadBaron
18th Apr 2006, 10:15
... and you do carry luggage!!:rolleyes:

Solid Rust Twotter
18th Apr 2006, 10:22
Time to come back to S'Efrica where you'll get far more respec.....

Sorry. My mistake.:(

sprocket
18th Apr 2006, 10:23
Her hubby is an engineer.

chuks
18th Apr 2006, 11:32
Yes, well, there's an old story from New York of the Bishop and the Admiral, old classmates. They meet in front of the Plaza Hotel, when the Bishop asks the Admiral to call him a taxi, pretending to take him for a doorman.

The Admiral looks the rather fat Bishop over and says, 'Yes, Madame. In your condition you should not walk too far!'

acbus1
18th Apr 2006, 12:06
Must've been the bags under your eyes.

Ozzy
18th Apr 2006, 13:44
Well you really are a form of luggage carrier:E It goes with the SLF:ok:

Ozzy

Howard Hughes
19th Apr 2006, 01:40
Great story, even better title, would make a great book title....;)

ORAC
19th Apr 2006, 05:39
Hmm, back in pre-decimal and pre-IRA bomb days, an RAF Sqn Ldr was going to town dressed in his No1 uniform.

Arriving at Liverpool St, he climbed off the train and was walking down the platform when a little old lady hailed him saying, "You, take my bag", and strode off towards the taxi rank.

Not wishing to take offence, he picked up the bag and followed her.

Arriving at the taxi rank the little old lady fumbled in her handbag and produced a half-crown which she held out to him in an imperious manner.

"Madam, he said gently, I'm not a porter, I'm a Sqn Ldr".

"I know, she replied, I only give porters a shilling"......

Loose rivets
19th Apr 2006, 08:27
Yea, know what you mean. Me at one place and me car at another. Took train across London...never again.

"What time is the train for Waterloo?" "Carry this, my man" ( I wasn't so polite.) Chorus of ‘where did you get that hat?...."

tall and tasty
19th Apr 2006, 09:40
spiffy uniform, 4 golden stripes blinding almost anything in sight, feeling very good about myself and life in general. Been in lifts loads of times with persons dressed like that. But a memorable lift ride was at EGKK
where I entered with a man all dressed in black and offered to hold his lap top as he struggled with the buttons.

There were only a couple of floors to choose from but we managed to go up and down in that lift several times before he managed to hit the right button for the required floor

TnT ;)

green granite
19th Apr 2006, 10:06
Been in lifts loads of times with persons dressed like that. But a memorable lift ride was at EGKK
where I entered with a man all dressed in black and offered to hold his lap top as he struggled with the buttons.
There were only a couple of floors to choose from but we managed to go up and down in that lift several times before he managed to hit the right button for the required floor
TnT ;)

Are you sure it was the buttons he was having trouble with TnT? :D
If I was in a lift with a beautifull girl I would want to go up and down a few
times :E

acbus1
19th Apr 2006, 10:23
I had a memorable ride in a lift. Gatwick it was.

This tasty bird who followed me into the lift was giving me the come on.

Maybe it was the black outfit I was wearing. Delineating my athletic frame it was.

So I pretended to mess up the button selection.

Better not tell you the rest.....:E

panda-k-bear
19th Apr 2006, 10:33
acbus - you must be the fastest shooter in the west - there's only 3 floors at Gatwick and I'm sure somebody else would be waiting for the lift... Bet she wasn't impressed! :E

acbus1
19th Apr 2006, 10:41
Ah! But nothing and nobody can take you higher than wot I can.

Going down.........:E

tall and tasty
19th Apr 2006, 18:36
If I was in a lift with a beautifull girl I would want to go up and down a few
timesWhat no beaut in there with us, no he definately had his hands full and had trouble with those buttons. I did suggest I helped him find his car too as he had so much to carry.

But I do find going up and down in lifts funny, no one ever know where to look

TnT

green granite
19th Apr 2006, 19:01
TnT

I thought most men had zips nowadays :E :E :E

G-CPTN
19th Apr 2006, 23:17
But I do find going up and down in lifts funny, no one ever know where to look
TnT
If 'I' was in a lift with TnT 'going up and down' with a man in black 'I' wouldn't know where to look either.
Actually, I lie - I'd know EXACTLY where to look :E